Joey Barton acting like a walloper saga rumbles on

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your viewing figure debate is based on people you know, and not official figures?

Just googled and first result showed an article about a game in November 2023 which was live on BBC. It had figures of 950K.

I have no idea what the average is for Sky's games, but to say nobody watches it because your household doesn't is quite comical tbf mate.
The game you googled was a record audience for a domestic game, and still couldn't break a million.

There was 77k at the last woman’s cup final in England.

As you say it’s growing down south. It’s strange that some seem threatened by it.
This is a comment taken out of context though. It's about a 5er into a woman's game and they give tickets away. For example it was a pound into the last OF game.

Barton is still a wanker though.

This is a comment taken out of context though. It's about a 5er into a woman's game and they give tickets away. For example it was a pound into the last OF game.

Barton is still a wanker though.
People still have to make an effort to get there, low ticket price will help.

Still 77k made that effort.

People still have to make an effort to get there, low ticket price will help.

Still 77k made that effort.
50 odd for a mans OF and a pound for the womens mate. Believe me I'm not backing that scumbag Barton but let's be real here.

Scotland has the highest number of fans attending games in Europe by capita.

I know it does mate. Not what we are talking about though.

Noddy has claimed that the viewing figures and attendences for WSL matches is poor. Even as someone who doesn't watch it, I am saying that his thoughts are wrong as TV and paying fans are growing by the year in the womens game down south.

To claim otherwise is just silly.

I know it does mate. Not what we are talking about though.

Noddy has claimed that the viewing figures and attendences for WSL matches is poor. Even as someone who doesn't watch it, I am saying that his thoughts are wrong as TV and paying fans are growing by the year in the womens game down south.

To claim otherwise is just silly.
They've thrown everything they can at it, money, tv exposure, media exposure etc etc. And the attendances for your run of the mill games are still poor.

I don't wish to hijack the debate or browbeat people again, but I'm genuinely stunned at the number of our fans who clearly don't care about the abuse Barton aimed at one of our players.

For the upteenth time, nobody is making impassioned cases justifying the position of women's football or making bold claims about the quality of it.

You either support our player in the face of homophobic discrimination, or you don't.

Prattling on about how unfair the attention on the women's game is puts you in the "don't" category FWIW

He did bring it up. Asked what Pickford was doing at the goal.
He didn't go full Tonto the way he did on the kid goalie though. When it was just as bad a mistake.. No look at the state of that eejit keeper, imagine this pish being shown on cooncil TV, bla bla bla. He is a fūcking wanker of the highest order.

They've thrown everything they can at it, money, tv exposure, media exposure etc etc. And the attendances for your run of the mill games are still poor.

And attendances are growing year on year according to reports. So it is working, no?

One of my relatives play in the SWPL and I mentioned this to her. Unsurprisingly it didn't go down well B-) She was raging I even mentioned the pitches/goals etc should be modified to suit women.

The women's game cannot and will not ever be taken seriously when you see some of the goals scored and how the keepers struggle in a men's sized goal.

It is a genuine observation to make as the goals and pitch do seem to big.
Feminism is at a crossroads in that there are some who still believe that woman would be equal with men if men hadn’t held them back and there is the realists who understand it would take millennia for woman to biologically on a par with men if at all. Unfortunately youth teams go up to full size pitches at a fairly early age which is fine for the boys as the will grow accustomed to the pitch and goal dimensions. I think it would help the woman's game if there were proportionally smaller pitches and goals however if you could get agreement on that the cost of providing said pitches would be prohibitive.

Barton's comments on the inferiority of women's football is only relevant if there are active discussions about the quality being better than men's football. Literally no one is disputing this.

No one turns up at U14 boys game, or a game involving disabled footballers, or walking football involving some old guys down the local park and screams "Yeah, but do you know what's better than this shite? MEN'S FOOTBALL!"

The quality of women playing football is far inferior to men. Why does Barton, or anyone else, feel the need to continually point that out? It must be the only sport where this happens on a regular basis. Does he time women athletes and compare them dismissively to men? Or comment on much weaker women's tennis players are?

I'd ask what he's playing at but I think we all know.

And attendances are growing year on year according to reports. So it is working, no?
Start charging the same as the mens game then compare attendance numbers.

Cant believe I'm maybe looking like I'm backing this prick but folk need to get real.

If I lived in Glasgow and could watch a women's OF game for a pound i might trip along.

You can't just ignore these things.

This argument of over exposure is arbitrary. Very much like that Ricky Gervais joke about free guitar lessons. If you don't want to watch, don't watch it then, no one needs to know your opinion.

It isn't over exposed because it doesn't impact the football (or any other sport for that matter) that you want to watch at all. There isn't a mens game that should be on TV that isn't because a womens game takes its place. There's a very obvious reason a cup final was scheduled for an international break, to get more people to go/watch as they know they have no chance against the mens game.

The lesbo ball comment was ridiculous and uncalled for.

However, much of Barton’s comments on the women’s game in terms of pundits/commentators being rammed down our throats in the men’s game is bang on.
He knew what he was doing with that comment given who it was in reply too.

Start charging the same as the mens game then compare attendance numbers.

Cant believe I'm maybe looking like I'm backing this prick but folk need to get real.

If I lived in Glasgow and could watch a women's OF game for a pound i might trip along.

You really can, not least in threads like this where the standing of the women's game isn't the topic.

You really could just ignore it and back our players in the face of the homophobic abuse Barton aimed at them.

Nobody gives a toss about your views on the women's game, clearly your desperate to share them, though.

Yes you can. Not unless I've missed folk being marched at gunpoint and forced to watch women's football. You can, quite literally, turn off the telly and it no longer affects you. This is like people complaining about ice hockey or whatever being on the TV because they don't like ice hockey, just don't watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back