John Fleck

He was anonymous, slow and ponderous on the ball, Would he get a game for us? Do all your stupid wee laughing things, this is a board where we debate things, I honestly don’t think you have the brain power to grasp that, I look forward to debating with you, I would assume you know the meaning of debating?
No-one will debate with someone that makes blatantly incorrect statements as it means they’re actually an idiot or they’re not the full shilling.

To say he beat 4 players is stretching it a bit, but he did make the goal, how many times have we said at Ibrox, when someone like Windass makes a goal, that he doesn’t do enough?its an opinion like an arsehole everyone has one.

If one of our players had set that goal up - Kent or Middleton or Coulibaly or whoever, we’d be rightfully singing their praises - it was a lovely bit of skill and ability from Fleck.

He may have been anonymous in the rest of the game, I don’t know - I didn’t see it - but if you have a player that can suddenly spark into life and create a goal out of nothing, that’s worth keeping an eye on.

That he can’t seemingly get a game for Scotland with all the paucity of talent they possess is quite bewildering.

He's matured into a decent player but I wouldn't take him over our starting midfielders at the moment.

The Championship is one of the most over rated leagues on the planet.

He was anonymous tonight, one paced, he failed to affect the game at all, IMHO he would not get a game for us. I know he is a big favourite on here, but we have better in Our squad.
He set up there only goal so I can't see how he failed to have an effect the game

He was anonymous tonight, one paced, he failed to affect the game at all, IMHO he would not get a game for us. I know he is a big favourite on here, but we have better in Our squad.

I tend to agree, he feels a bit like a replay of Charlie Miller, heard about the potential since he was 16, but actually, nothing much ever materialised.

Not clambering for a return for Flecky - but a couple of comments regarding him not being any better than what we've got.... we have to remember that a few of our current first picks aren't our players. It will be interesting to see how that pans out at the end of the season. Do we keep them? Do they go back never to be heard of again at Rangers? Do we replace them with another batch of quality loans? Or has this been a short term fix to help with the severe surgery that was required for this season?

There might yet be room / need for the likes of McCrorie, Docherty and Rossiter to step up into the team and if so having someone experienced like Fleck in the mix might not be a bad thing.

I watched the full match. Fleck did really well setting up the equaliser, but for the most part his game was about making simple short passes. I certainly wouldn't say he was poor, however nor was he a standout.
According to the commentator, Sheffield United fans can't believe he is being overlooked by Scotland as they rate him highly.

Where does he play nowadays (position)?

I remember watching him as a kid. The hype surrounding him didn't do him any favours. At that time he played just off the striker, as a striker, or got lumped out on the left.

I'm glad to see he's made the grade down south. Running the show in the English Championship should make him more than qualified to get into the Scotland squad. Then again he doesn't play for the scums reserves.

I watched the full match. Fleck did really well setting up the equaliser, but for the most part his game was about making simple short passes. I certainly wouldn't say he was poor, however nor was he a standout.
According to the commentator, Sheffield United fans can't believe he is being overlooked by Scotland as they rate him highly.
I sent a tweet about how good I thought the game was and chatted to a few blades and they're astonished Fleck hasn't made the national team, they feel he bossed McGinn the other week.

He was pretty quiet last night but still produced a moment of brilliance that got his team right back in it. I'm not saying we should bring him back (doubt we'd have the funds to do so now) ....just good to see a product of our academy doing well. That's always pleasing.

I sent a tweet about how good I thought the game was and chatted to a few blades and they're astonished Fleck hasn't made the national team, they feel he bossed McGinn the other week.

He was pretty quiet last night but still produced a moment of brilliance that got his team right back in it. I'm not saying we should bring him back (doubt we'd have the funds to do so now) ....just good to see a product of our academy doing well. That's always pleasing.

I can't argue with any of that mate.

Back