John Greig achievement award

Prior to Goldson arriving we got knocked out the EL to Progres Niederkorn, conceded FIFTY league goals, finished 3rd and lost 5 goals to Hibs in the final match of the season.

He arrived and the defence instantly became better. We qualified for the EL against all odds, primarily due to great defensive displays and that laid a great foundation for what Gerrard was to deliver. We conded only 27 league goals that season nearly a 50% reduction.

Has Goldson been perfect? No he hasn't. But he's a far better defender than people give him credit for. You would think after the true shite we watched prior to his arrival people would realise that.

Could we have won more trophies during his time here? Yes we could. Is Goldson the reason for us not? Not really, but people just like to have a fall guy to make themselves feel better about the collective shortcomings of the team.

He's on the decline and probably time to go but he fully deserves this award for his services to the club. 308 games is remarkable in 6 seasons. A ridiculous amount of football to have played in that period.
Good post.

The guy has given his all and improved us.

Not been at his best this season and perhaps his injury has taken more out of him than he'd have liked as he's slowed down it seems.

Good luck to him, even if his best dats for us may he coming to an end.

Do people really think John Greig gave this award because of what Connor Goldson has done over this season.John Greig gives this award to a player he judges to have given his all to the club.we can argue till the cows come home about his form but Connor Goldson has given everything for this club while he has been here.

Scott Wright has achieved as much as Connor Goldson.
Shows how much you understand the game and performances.
Scott Wright can’t be spoken about in the same breathe as Goldson who has been fit almost every game for us and has been an excellent performer week in week out. The last 5 weeks he has been below par but this is not an award for this season.

Only stupid thing is handing out awards with 5 games still to play.

Especially for top goalscorer and goal of the season

A section of our support get themselves into a frenzy, I'm beginning to think,more because if rangers don't win,the chances are it will be celtic, and it eats them inside,

This, well said. Ok he has been off form in the last 6 games but there is no doubting he has been brilliant for us and has played almost every game without ever being injured.
Of course you will get the “ Deary me “ brigade who will only remember the last month
I remember the last few years. This is the equivalent of a council employee getting an award for coming into work regularly over 5 years with very little sick.

Recent poor form shouldn’t detract from the fact that Goldson has been a brilliant signing who has given many years of great service to the club and been at the centre of some of the most historic achievements of recent times.

It is probably time for him to move on but he deserves to go with the respect of the support.

I moan at failure because that’s what we have been achieving for years do u prefer to be second best Colin
League cup in the bag
Final of the Scottish cup
Still in a title race

Not been pretty but would hardly call it failure considering where we were before clement came in.

That was prior to being in a major European final

He’s the quickest to 300 appearances in our history, was a colossus in the 55 season and cost us £3.5m, a pittance in today’s market. He’s been in poor form and may indeed be off but he’s absolutely deserving of this, particular if this is his last 5 games coming up. We held a ticker tape reception last year for (some) players that did far less for the club.
Agreed. He's had a poor season by his standards but has been a good servant of the club

Recent poor form shouldn’t detract from the fact that Goldson has been a brilliant signing who has given many years of great service to the club and been at the centre of some of the most historic achievements of recent times.

It is probably time for him to move on but he deserves to go with the respect of the support.
You look back over his whole time and he was a huge part of some huge moments.first time back into European group stage football.first win v that other mob home and away when we got back .two goals at the piggery that really set us on our way to 55.

It’s funny that the majority of the people I’ve met who peddle the ‘refusal to accept second best’ approach never seem to apply it to their own lives.

Very seldom is it high achieving individuals who have the harshest opinions and highest expectations.
Very much my experience as well except it's not just the majority but the overwhelming majority
"I have the highest standards and can never accept second best " they cry
Then you look at their life and what they've achieved and wonder why such an admirable philosophy has delivered so little

I remember the last few years. This is the equivalent of a council employee getting an award for coming into work regularly over 5 years with very little sick.
I shouldnt have used up my 'I have seen a number of wild posts on here but this one takes the biscuit' message until I'd read this.

Id take up another hobbie mate.

Considering he has won every honour in top flight Scottish football and played in a European final for Rangers, you have to say he merits recognition.

Who picks these awards? Unless he’s off in the summer this one is poorly timed as he’s had an absolutely shit season

Are you going to write a letter of complaint to John Greig himself and tell him how wrong he is?
Don't be putting ideas in his head ffs....

Dear John....

EMINEM_STAN-696x442.jpg

Back