Johnly Yfeko?

Centralbear

In November he extended his contract until 2026, that would give the impression that he's fairly well regarded.

Big, physical, bit raw though( so was Bassey) and now 20 years of age.

If he can't get a game at left back right now, then what's the point of giving him an extension but a few months ago.

Absolutely obvious Sterling is not the answer at left back and an even bigger loss to midfield and the balance of team generally.

Have I missed out hearing of an injury that would explain the above?

In November he extended his contract until 2026, that would give the impression that he's fairly well regarded.

If he can't get a game at left back right now, then what's the point of giving him an extension but a few months ago.

Absolutely obvious Sterling is not the answer at left back and an even bigger loss to midfield and the balance of team generally.

Sterling is not the answer in midfield if we think he is then deary me
Yfeko has played and shown not Ready and out his depth

For me, Mayo easily better than Yfeko. Beale punted him, but now he may have now been a more serious option than Yfeko.

Acknowledge at the time, Mayo was more in need of first team football than Yfeko.

He isn’t a left back mate definitely seen as a CD I have read he has been tried at LB in B team abd found to be unsuited

if we kept hold of Adam Devine I’d have him in at left back, I’m sure he put in a good performance there against the mhanks and got forward well. That would have enabled sterling to play in the middle

I dont know why we bother with a reserve/ youth team tbh. The only beneficiaries are clubs in the English Championship or in our own league. If they can't step up to play when there's a clear gap in the first team then it's just a waste of money.

Northing against the boy but he’s never good enough

For me, Mayo easily better than Yfeko. Beale punted him, but now he may have now been a more serious option than Yfeko.

Acknowledge at the time, Mayo was more in need of first team football than Yfeko.
Lewis mayo will be in the scotland squad soon he’s a standout at killie every week

Not the answer. Sick of the sight of him or not, Barisic is a far better option at left back. Sterling needs to be in midfield.

Yfeko is nowhere near good enough. He's a jersey filler at best

Our squad is crammed full of utter mediocrity from our top earners diwn to the Academy. It has to improve

if we kept hold of Adam Devine I’d have him in at left back, I’m sure he put in a good performance there against the mhanks and got forward well. That would have enabled sterling to play in the middle
I thought he looked good but as soon as Barisic returned he was barely seen again.

Not the answer. Sick of the sight of him or not, Barisic is a far better option at left back. Sterling needs to be in midfield.
I thought he was being developed as a left back, so going by consensus here he is neither a left back nor is he any good.

Fair enough, so at the age of 20 if he can't even be trusted to play, even as a stop gap, games against the likes of Ross County and Dundee he should be nowhere near us far less given a contract extension.

Same applies to others of a similar age in our set up, an exception being if perhaps a player has had a long term injury and not had the opportunity to fulfill his potential.

Our youth academy is woeful and I’d hazard a guess that anyone from it having their contract extended is to collect somewhat of a fee from them.
The youth system is never going to produce more than 1 or 2 players a year good enough for the first team. The problem is we never seem to play anyone from it unless they are a stand out talent.

Last year we let Mayo leave for nothing after never playing for us and he has been one of the stand out centre backs in the league this year and on the verge of a call up to the Scotland squad. He would have been an option at the moment and is someone who if given game time might have developed into a starting centre half.

At the moment we can all see we need a genuine defensive midfielder to control the game and have King on the bench who has played that role multiple times for Scotland U21 and is nowhere close to getting game time. If players don't get a chance then the youth system is always going to look as if its not producing any players.

Sterling is not the answer in midfield if we think he is then deary me
Yfeko has played and shown not Ready and out his depth
Sterling could easily play as a sitting midfielder,he is strong in the tackle and he can read the game.Bit harsh on big Johnly he has played 4 games and has had one or two shaky moments but people were saying the same about Bassey after a couple of games.

Back