Jose Cordoba

Is this with regards Cordoba or the earlier video of Tanganga?

Having watched the Cordoba clips on YouTube, he looks like one of those players some fans will just never take to because of his running style and how he somehow looks awkward (yet his touch and passing look pretty good despite that).

But a lot of this looks promising.

Agree with all of that. There is too much smoke/randomness about this one to not have something in it.

I’m happy that our scouting team are looking at criteria:
A tall aggressive
Young
Left sided CB
Who plays every minute of every game

His club sold off a couple of their better players in winter window for £2-2.5m. He is now their highest valued player according to Transfermarkt (which admittedly holds little value). I can’t imagine wages would be an issue so a comparatively lower risk signing than some of our high earning missteps of recent years

We don’t sign anywhere near as many left footed LCBs as we should do and it frustrates the life out of me. Injuries aside, Helander was the last and, when he was fully fit and in form, he made a great difference and gave us good balance with Goldson.

Fully behind whoever Clement wants but the guy looks super awkward with a football at his feet. Reminds me an awful lot of that Rashid Sumaila fella we were linked with under Pedro. Remember folk wanting us to throw £3m at signing him just because he was a bit of a monster :D . He ended up on loan to Red Star, played 3 games then moved to Oman.

Name sounded familiar and a quick Google shows that Lille, Len's and beskitas etc were interested in January. Looks a prospect and something we are lacking

Hopefully if it's true our scout is following him on social media, it adds a bit of substance to the rumours.

The lyrical wizards are already preparing a chant to the tune of Panama by Van Halen B-D
It writes itself and invalidates the efforts of those chap surely? 'Cordoba' instead of 'Panama'. Simple. You can all thank me later for intercepting this and shutting the lyrical wizards down so we don't need to go through a whole thread of cringe and embarrassment if he signs.

Left sided centre half that ticks the boxes for age and player sales model. Physical and can play a bit - the sort of centre half we need. Hopefully he can defend a long ball over the top.

Tanganga only has one year left on his Spurs contract and looks severely unlikely to break into their first team any time soon.

He is currently on loan at Millwall after an unsuccessful loan spell at Augsburg, where I don’t think he actually made an appearance.

There is no doubting his qualities as a player. Strong and aggressive BUT he has suffered a couple of serious injuries which have kept him out of the game for prolonged periods of time and niggles which have kept him out short-term in between.

Given our bad luck with signing players with past histories like this, I would be cautious about him signing on this basis alone. He would be wanting north of £20k pw I’d have thought.

Can we financially risk a repeat of the Kemar Roofe 4yr situation and spend big on a player with highly questionable physical resilience?

Tanganga only has one year left on his Spurs contract and looks severely unlikely to break into their first team any time soon.

He is currently on loan at Millwall after an unsuccessful loan spell at Augsburg, where I don’t think he actually made an appearance.

There is no doubting his qualities as a player. Strong and aggressive BUT he has suffered a couple of serious injuries which have kept him out of the game for prolonged periods of time and niggles which have kept him out short-term in between.

Given our bad luck with signing players with past histories like this, I would be cautious about him signing on this basis alone. He would be wanting north of £20k pw I’d have thought.

Can we financially risk a repeat of the Kemar Roofe 4yr situation and spend big on a player with highly questionable physical resilience?

There is only 3 certainties in life; Death, taxes and Rangers thinking they can physically fix a player who has a history of injuries.

Get him signed

Would Martin Braithewaite be worth bringing in as an experienced player this summer?

35 games 20 goals for Espanol this season. Has played in top leagues most of his career. Centre forward, Danish international, turns 33 in June but still a fit player and if we are renewing with young players maybe having an old head wouldn't be the worst idea. I doubt Danilo will be firing to play every minute right away. Roofe will be gone. Dessers who knows. Silva will be gone.

He also plays as a second striker or from the left side all of which would suit our set up.

Available on a free in the summer if Espanol get promoted back to La Liga as per Romano. €600k if they aren't promoted.

Last edited:
Would Martin Braithewaite be worth bringing in as an experienced player this summer?

35 games 20 goals for Espanol this season. Has played in top leagues most of his career. Centre forward, Danish international, turns 33 in June but still a fit player and if we are renewing with young players maybe having an old head wouldn't be the worst idea. I doubt Danilo will be firing to play every minute right away. Roofe will be gone. Dessers who knows. Silva will be gone.

He also plays as a second striker or from the left side all of which would suit our set up.

Available on a free in the summer if Espanol get promoted back to La Liga as per Romano. €600k if they aren't promoted.
Could be but a little on the short side for a CD

Right profile definitely

But by the video he looks a bit slow and slightly cumbersome. Style of football also looks very slow. Be a totally different pace here in Scotland
Bulgarian football is slow, the league is very poor quality and Levski Sofia are muck. Maybe we will be able to adapt of course but the football is slow and turgid in the league he plays in.

I look at some of the "diddy" teams we play and their defenders are flying in putting their body on the line to block shots and I think I would love one of those a defender who loves to defend, I get the need for ball playing centre backs I really do but I have missed us having a big bastard dominating in the air and being a wall. If this guy fits that criteria get him signed

I look at some of the "diddy" teams we play and their defenders are flying in putting their body on the line to block shots and I think I would love one of those a defender who loves to defend, I get the need for ball playing centre backs I really do but I have missed us having a big bastard dominating in the air and being a wall. If this guy fits that criteria get him signed
He also loves a Boughera style mazy looking at the clips and is surprisingly nimble with the ball at his feet. I really like the look of him but he 100% won't get the free pass Vickers gets in terms of being overly physical. A few tackles he gets away with in the clips would be given as certain fouls here.

Hopefully he's a proper cb that defends first and foremost, minimal errors and just does his job. The last type of cb we had like that imo was Helander when fit. Before that I'm struggling to think of any.

Right profile definitely

But by the video he looks a bit slow and slightly cumbersome. Style of football also looks very slow. Be a totally different pace here in Scotland
It's a concern definitely, and for anyone we target who's used to the luxury of having time on the ball. Given the kick and rush nature of the game here, the same concern applies to every position on the field.

Rangers Review also saying he was at the game on Sunday

The South Africa winger we are linked with looks very similar in style to Cortes, maybe a bit more pace.
Hopefully that indicates we get Cortes and an understudy for LW and ideally Sima with Ross for RW . Or is that a little inexperienced for our demanding fans .

Back