Jose Cordoba

I look at some of the "diddy" teams we play and their defenders are flying in putting their body on the line to block shots and I think I would love one of those a defender who loves to defend, I get the need for ball playing centre backs I really do but I have missed us having a big bastard dominating in the air and being a wall. If this guy fits that criteria get him signed
That to me is Leon Balogun’s style tbh I think what we really need is CDs who chase and hound forwards into there own half and are athletic and imposing . Like Bassey .

Don’t see that tbh Strider but we might get some clear evidence this weekend if he has to play that Celtic loan striker . Someone’s going to have to prove it against him .

Not surprised at this one from the original stories last summer and then the way the season has panned out we had to do something as a priority for the new manager .

He has a CD that are pussies .

Do we know if John Brown scouted this guy ?

Edit :
a decent compilation

Also had some European qualifier experience in the last two seasons https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jos...a/0/wettbewerb/ECLQ/pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1

Last edited:
I’m sure the Belgian league has a lot of talent that will have more than what it takes to compete in our domestic league and even enhance our European adventures. We have just the man to find them, hope he is backed. Our wages structure will probably be away above what the best paying teams in Belgium can give. Get rid of the current high earners and replace them with guys that deserve it.

Bit of a sad indictment that my first thought was to check his injury record but he was seemingly out for 9 weeks last season with a muscle injury. I don’t think anyone can expect players to have a pristine fitness record but I am slightly apprehensive when I see long-ish term lay offs in recent years.

Lobs a hand grenade :rolleyes:

Sorry, appears I was confusing some people, thought it was fairly straightforward to follow.

I was meaning that I was told we had somebody at the game on Sunday, and was then told it was Cordoba, prior to the rumours appearing online.

Also been linked with Eintracht to replace William Pacho - who we were also rumoured to be in for before going there and is now valued it about 50 mil.

Love an exotic centre half. Get him signed.

Don’t see that tbh Strider but we might get some clear evidence this weekend if he has to play that Celtic loan striker . Someone’s going to have to prove it against him .

Nisbet, Mandron, even Vassell at the weekend there - he's had struggles against all of them off the top of my head. Shankland won many of the headers and turned him a few times in the semi-final as well

If Goldson had put in the performance Balogun did first half of the St Mirren game recently, we'd still be hearing about how weak he is.

Nisbet, Mandron, even Vassell at the weekend there - he's had struggles against all of them off the top of my head. Shankland won many of the headers and turned him a few times in the semi-final as well

If Goldson had put in the performance Balogun did first half of the St Mirren game recently, we'd still be hearing about how weak he is.
Goldson has had more shit the bed moments this season against rough and tumble strikers than he’s ever had before.

It’s been a quick decline sadly.

Goldson has had more shit the bed moments this season against rough and tumble strikers than he’s ever had before.

It’s been a quick decline sadly.

His interview recently he said he had lost weight this season for the extra running he's being asked to do, so makes sense he would struggle against the physical guys if he's not as strong now

Though this has coincided with a loss of pace as well which left us horribly exposed to a long ball over the top.

Not surprised at this one from the original stories last summer and then the way the season has panned out we had to do something as a priority for the new manager .

He has a CD that are pussies .

Do we know if John Brown scouted this guy ?

Edit :
a decent compilation

Also had some European qualifier experience in the last two seasons https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jos...a/0/wettbewerb/ECLQ/pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1

looks decent, good size and pace, seems to read the play well.

only downside is the quality of the league he is playing in.

This is exactly the type of CB we should be targeting ticks a lot of boxes for us.

Not getting carried away but it's finally good to see us look for a more all round CB especially one who looks reasonably solid and has a bit of pace about him.

Sorry, appears I was confusing some people, thought it was fairly straightforward to follow.

I was meaning that I was told we had somebody at the game on Sunday, and was then told it was Cordoba, prior to the rumours appearing online.
Actually , My bad , i hadnt read your post correctly. Please accept my most humble apologies sir .

Also been linked with Eintracht to replace William Pacho - who we were also rumoured to be in for before going there and is now valued it about 50 mil.

Love an exotic centre half. Get him signed.
You still reminisce about the South African lad B-)

(Or was it the Sumaila guy?)

I am a Bulgarian living in Glasgow and my team is Levski Sofia. Cordoba is definitely our best player at the moment and we do need money to overhaul the team (we are about to clear a lot of debts we had). Quite an atheltic player and would be a win win for both teams!
From what I've seen on that video he's a player who has a lot of time on the ball for a defender. How does he handle things against an attacking press.

He was voted the best defender in Bulgaria this season.

Using 12ft and Translate:

"Foreigners stole the awards in the First League

At the ceremony, the best players in positions in the First League were also awarded. The calls went to foreign footballers. Dinko Horkas from "Lokomotiv" (Plovdiv) is #1 among goalkeepers, Jose Cordoba from "Levski" is the best defender, Jakub Piotrovski (Ludogorets) received the awards for the best midfielder and the best foreigner, and the former "Levski" player Welton is the best striker.

Best defender
1. Jose Cordoba ("Levski") 30 points.
2. Hristiyan Petrov (CSKA) 25 points.
3. Viktor Popov ("Black Sea") 21 points."

Any views on the other best players listed there for goal / midfield / forward ? Can on,y assume we are aware of these too if we have been scouting there for Cordoba

This guy is an internationalist DM and was at Genk earlier in his career under PC and has scored a number of goals this season too

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jakub-piotrowski/profil/spieler/377243
Piotrowski would be a beast.

This is a big commanding midfielder we should be looking for. Controls the play, so strong, can pick a pass and can really shoot.

This would be the best replacement for Lundstram. Fantastic shout.

Only 1 year left as well and got voted the best Midfielder in Bulgaria

Back