Jude Bellingham

City are about as honest a team as modern football gets, Arsenal and Liverpool are far far worse for diving and Madrid are off the scale

They have Grealish in it. Mahrez and Sterling previously. All love a dive. Though admittedly Grealish does also get kicked and hacked a lot.

Bellingham at Madrid is the right face in the right picture - imagine how ruined a Man Utd of Chelsea would’ve made him?

He will go on to be one of their most famous players, a cracking lad too, his only “regret” will be being rocked by Ibrox :)
His parents deserve massive credit the way they have managed his career. Never jumped into the big money offered from City, Chelsea and Man Utd when he was 15-16yo. Stuck with a plan and look where he is.

If he signed for City they would all be in love with him. Also I don't think Man City fans can be calling anyone a diver considering some of the players they have and have had in their teams under Guardiola.

Ifs buts and maybes...fact is he didn't so to us he's a wanker lol

I don't mind him I just struggle to get on board with the enormous hype around him as when I've watched him live I've never once come away and thought he was the standout on the pitch. I've been more concerned with the Brazilian lads up front when they've played us but that might be because they've damaged us in previous games.

He's operating at a high level for a young lad though. Credit where its due.

Last edited:
Great player but he was totally dominated by Rodri in both legs

He did have two quite quiet games, but to be fair to him, he’s only 20 while Rodri is 27, much more experienced and the top kiddie when it comes to defensive midfielders.

The touch to take the ball out the sky to give himself that wee bit of space to lay the ball off to Valverde in the build up to the goal at Citeh was still a major contribution though:)

boys that good that the manager just lets him go effect the game. No idea what position he played in the Classico as he was everywhere.

Ifs buts and maybes...fact is he didn't so to us he's a wanker lol

I don't mind him I just struggle to get on board with the enormous hype around him as when I've watched him live I've never once come away and thought he was the standout on the pitch. I've been more concerned with the Brazilian lads up front when they've played us but that might be because they've damaged us in previous games.

He's operating at a high level for a young lad though. Credit where its due.
He was class in the two games when we played Dortmund in 2022, though our players aren't at the level on Man City's current squad.

He's had a terrific start to his career at Madrid, and for such a young lad, the sky is the limit.

He was class in the two games when we played Dortmund in 2022, though our players aren't at the level on Man City's current squad.

He's had a terrific start to his career at Madrid, and for such a young lad, the sky is the limit.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that. Saw both those dortmund games you mentioned. I thought he was also better for dortmund last year in the champs lge against city than he was this year for Madrid. Far more involved in the game and scored at the etihad too.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that. Saw both those dortmund games you mentioned. I thought he was also better for dortmund last year in the champs lge against city than he was this year for Madrid. Far more involved in the game and scored at the etihad too.

The role he plays for Real Madrid he's never going to be in games as much as he was for Dortmund. For RM he's a moments player. Someone in the team to produce match winning or game changing moments. For Dortmund he was playing as a box to box midfielder and then spent a period playing as a defensive midfielder, so had the ball a lot more. Real Madrid don't need him for that when they have Modric, Kroos, Valverde and Camavinga among others.

Scoring the winner in both Classico's in your debut season in Spain is some going!

What a player he is!

Real Madrid next season will be unbelievable once they get Mbappe!
First player to score in his first two El Clasico's for Real Madrid since Ruud Van Nistelrooy way back in 2007.

He's doing alright for himself, isn't he?:))

Last edited:
Folk laughed at Birmingham for retiring the shirt number as well, boy will be a Madrid legend soon enough, crucial goals at crucial times & can see how passionate he is playing for them. Madrid & England are extremely lucky.

Folk laughed at Birmingham for retiring the shirt number as well, boy will be a Madrid legend soon enough, crucial goals at crucial times & can see how passionate he is playing for them. Madrid & England are extremely lucky.
I think the shirt retirement thing was because the transfer fee practically kept the lights on, which is fair enough. I might be talking rubbish but I think the add ons they got from the Dortmund to Real Madrid deal is their second highest transfer fee received, after the one they got from Dortmund.

Back