Junior Cup semi-finals weekend

Darvel 0 Talbot 1 (Darvel win 2-1 on aggregate)

Totally different game to last week. Talbot scored a thunderbastard of a goal to give some hope. Darvel had to change their keeper at halftime and the sub pulled out two great saves - one in injury time - to keep the game from going to penalties - the swine

Any pictures doing the rounds of how big the crowd is?

Was up at Keanie recently and one of the Burgh committee was hoping for a couple of thousand

Arthurlie good value for that win. Deary deary me JB were honkin all that money for a half fit, cobbled together team who had zero structure. Madness.

Not a classic but an entertaining day out as part of a double header with 'Lok winning at the joke that is Gartcairn.

Arthurlie good value for that win. Deary deary me JB were honkin all that money for a half fit, cobbled together team who had zero structure. Madness.

Not a classic but an entertaining day out as part of a double header with 'Lok winning at the joke that is Gartcairn.
It's not that bad mate. At least there's cover for when it's wet. Granted food and toilet facilities could be better. Decent away support today and good gesture from Maxi and the lads to acknowledge us.

Without derailing, Darvel v Arthurlie should be an entertaining final.

Two sides capable on their day and will hopefully attract a sizeable crowd.

Arthurlie were very comfortable especially from when they went 2-1 up expected a bit more from Johnstone B

Last edited:
It's not that bad mate. At least there's cover for when it's wet. Granted food and toilet facilities could be better. Decent away support today and good gesture from Maxi and the lads to acknowledge us.

Cmon Mtb park or whatever it’s called is a joke , but £££ talk

Cmon Mtb park or whatever it’s called is a joke , but £££ talk
Fair enough mate. I'll concede it's not one of the better facilities. I overheard a 'lok regular say that he wouldn't revisit. He was a bit miffed at 'nae pies?!' :D

Where is the cover? The tiny stand? That for me is a venue that should never be hosting games at that level. By a mile the worst in the division.

Where is the cover? The tiny stand? That for me is a venue that should never be hosting games at that level. By a mile the worst in the division.
Aye, I guess you're right mate. There are two covered areas but they are admittedly pitiful. I'm probably just being a daft romantic because they are a newish club.

Surely if they can afford Ian McShane's wages they can afford a hot water urn and a tin of bovril?

Aye, I guess you're right mate. There are two covered areas but they are admittedly pitiful. I'm probably just being a daft romantic because they are a newish club.

Surely if they can afford Ian McShane's wages they can afford a hot water urn and a tin of bovril?
Agreed mate. The league need to stamp down and enforce some sort of standard there IMO.

2 - 1 Arthurlie in final. Not bad for a team from a shitehole full of beggars. Loads of Bears in Borheed.
Wish they would come out and support the ABOD when we walk there.
From the bowling club down to Rumours its just beggars out hurling abuse or waving tricolours from their windows.
Shitehole.

Wish they would come out and support the ABOD when we walk there.
From the bowling club down to Rumours its just beggars out hurling abuse or waving tricolours from their windows.
Shitehole.
There were plenty of Arthurlie fans at the semi final wearing the green & grey and doing their best to put the Ulster Gazelle off his game by waving their manky scarves at him. Pathetic!

There were plenty of Arthurlie fans at the semi final wearing the green & grey and doing their best to put the Ulster Gazelle off his game by waving their manky scarves at him. Pathetic!
Doesn't surprise me mate.
We paraded by their social club a few years ago and there was a wedding on. The car park was full of them and the abuse we got from males and females was unbelievable.
Shitehole of a place.

Back