Jurgen Klopp

You just have to look at the state of Liverpool before he arrived to see the job he's done. Rodgers, Dalglish, Hodgson, Balotelli etc. They were an absolute shambles.

Won them their first title win in 30 years, and since 2016 has been the only EPL manager to break up the Oil money dominance. CL winner. Brought through countless young talent and played some incredible football along the way

I'm no fan of Klopp but to suggest he's not a legend is mental

To add, they'll drop like a stone once he's gone. To a lesser extent than Man U but they'll be out of contention for a bit whilst they try to stabilise and look for a new figurehead.

With Klopp’s last game at Liverpool approaching tomorrow the usual suspects are fawning all over him. But one league win in nine seasons doesn’t shout out legend to me.

Expect nothing else from the media down south when it comes to the tims of England.

It's the same romanticised, boak inducing, over egged pish we get with managers, players & fans who represent that lot.

Let's get it right, Klopp is a bellend, and Liverpool are a horrible club.

Liverpool supporters revere and adore Klopp. They're gutted that he's leaving.

They absolutely consider him a legend even if not everyone else does (and not everyone else has to btw, it's up to them).

I hate Liverpool but I would be interested to know why you don't consider him a legend?

I think any manager that wins a Champions League for a club is instantly a legend regardless of anything else that happens in his tenure. That surely trumps anything else.
So Di Mateo and Tuchel are Chelsea legends then?

Won pretty much everything with Liverpool and will be considered a legend there. The manager that replaces him has a hugely difficult task.

Im no fan of Klopp but it mostly comes from my hatred of Liverpool. He's done a brilliant job there and he will be a huge miss to the EPL.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up next after his break from football.

The "Legend" tag gets thrown about loosely these days.
Everybody is a legend these days.

Scores a goal .... LEGEND

Waves a scarf high..... LEGEND

Signs a new deal with a bigger wage..... LEGEND

Retires after 7 seasons at the club with big bank balance.... LEGEND

I honestly don't mind the guy. He won the Scousers their first league in 30 years and despite Covid they won it honourably, on the pitch. Liverpool fans rightly consider him a legend, I can't be arsed with Liverpool but I can absolutely see why.

Last edited:
So one league, one FA cup and one champions league in terms of real honours

He has totally turned them around as a club though, and a 60% win rate. Be interesting to see what happens at Liverpool now

With Klopp’s last game at Liverpool approaching tomorrow the usual suspects are fawning all over him. But one league win in nine seasons doesn’t shout out legend to me.
Do you carry the same exalting standards in your own life and achievements?

Took a rudderless Liverpool and led them to Champions League and EPL glory against teams with a far, far bigger budget.

Miles off it
Think people need to look at the state of Liverpool when he took over much like when Gerrard took over us. He’s led them to a first title in 30 or so years and been extremely unlucky not to win another two against an excellent Man City team, led them to 3 Champions league finals, winning one, won both domestic cups FA cup once & League cup twice.

I don’t think it’s that surprising Liverpool fans view him as a legend, should/could he have won more probably but quite a few small margins involved.

Think people need to look at the state of Liverpool when he took over much like when Gerrard took over us. He’s led them to a first title in 30 or so years and been extremely unlucky not to win another two against an excellent Man City team, led them to 3 Champions league finals, winning one, won both domestic cups FA cup once & League cup twice.

I don’t think it’s that surprising Liverpool fans view him as a legend, should/could he have won more probably but quite a few small margins involved.
One of the years they finished second I’m sure it was the second biggest points total in EPL history so would have won every title before it. Ran into Real Madrid in two CL finals.

He is clearly a great manager and possibly unlucky to have to go up against a City side managed by perhaps the greatest manager of them all in Pep.

I detest Liverpool and I hate Klopp, but he's done an outstanding job for me.

Whenever that 1 league title in 9 line gets trotted out it has to be remembered the guy spent 3 of the 9 years there just building the team to be able to compete.

Last edited:
I hate Liverpool but I would be interested to know why you don't consider him a legend?

I think any manager that wins a Champions League for a club is instantly a legend regardless of anything else that happens in his tenure. That surely trumps anything else.
I get that , but one win in nine titles is not legendary status in the mould of Pep, Mourhino or SAF

I get that , but one win in nine titles is not legendary status in the mould of Pep, Mourhino or SAF
Mourinho won 3 titles at Chelsea but didn't win the CL or even reach a final.

Over the piece I'm not really sure you can say Mourinho's achievements at Chelsea really outweigh Klopp's at Liverpool.

Klopp is the only manager in Liverpool's history to really win everything he could other than the Europa League which is again outweighed by the CL he won and subsequently the Club World Cup.

He might not have won them all multiple times like Paisley, who didnt ever manage to win the FA Cup despite the great side he had at the time, but he won every meaningful honour that he could domestically and in Europe.

Back