Jurgen Klopp

Worst part about Liverpool hiring Slot is that if I’m not mistaken Gio did the exact same thing in the mid-2010s… Eredivisie title and Dutch Cup. It makes me sad and quite confused when you look at this trajectory and compare what happened to GVB

Very good manager, however one of those ones that’s requires that absolute buy in siege mentality. Not one that can adapt that well when things go wrong. Also plays the victim a lot recently.

Therefore not up there with the very very best. But he did get Liverpool to the place they should be after years of underperforming.

He's obviously been brilliant for Liverpool, from where they were to where he leaves them is night and day.

But 9 years is an age to be at a football club nowadays and a solitary league title, a champions league, an fa Cup and the world club championship, although great achievements feels like a light return for the time and money invested.

As was the case at Dortmund, he's probably best remembered for all the silver medals over the piece. And there's no way to claim other clubs are out spending you significantly when you are breaking the world transfer record for a centre back and buying players for £100m+. Liverpool are one of the wealthiest clubs on the planet.

Jurgen Klopp is a very good football manager but he's not elite level like an Ancelotti, Mourinho, Pep or Sir Alex.

With Klopp’s last game at Liverpool approaching tomorrow the usual suspects are fawning all over him. But one league win in nine seasons doesn’t shout out legend to me.

Some take that.

It’s more than wining trophies to the scousers. He will be an incredible loss to them.

Reactions: VGM
He’s a grade A walloper and I’m gutted that they managed even 1 in 9.

The fact everybody fawns over him is fucking sickening.
He won their first title in 30 years and was exceptionally unlucky to not win another and above that won their 6 European Cup. I'm not surprised people fawn over him as he done a remarkable job and will be a very hard act to follow.

He's an annoying arse but he's done a good job. He's took the club from the Rodgers debacle to making them a top force again and deliverd an EPL and CL

He will never be forgotten for the dippers and will deservedly go down as a club legend

I dont like him at all but to say he's not done a good job just makes you look like a hater

I reckon he will end up at Barca or Real, he would have his pick of clubs. That the sign of a good manager

You just have to look at the state of Liverpool before he arrived to see the job he's done. Rodgers, Dalglish, Hodgson, Balotelli etc. They were an absolute shambles.

Won them their first title win in 30 years, and since 2016 has been the only EPL manager to break up the Oil money dominance. CL winner. Brought through countless young talent and played some incredible football along the way

I'm no fan of Klopp but to suggest he's not a legend is mental

Case closed.

To be honest he is a great manager and was also great in dortmund time.

These days loves the excuses most of the time but for sure won’t be easily replaced.

When he goes they will struggle. good manager. Good with players etc.

Momentum is going so he’s leaving and rightly so.

He was fantastic for Liverpool, but not a legend. If he had just a little more luck, 4x league titles and 3x UCL would change that conversation I imagine.

For me he has been excellent and probably sits in the tier two of premier league managers alongside guys like Mourinho and Wenger. Tier one belongs to Ferguson and Pep.

......Plus a European Cup (and runner up twice), FA cup, 2 league cups, UEFA Super cup, world club cup. Not a bad haul.

Certainly liverpool supporters think he's a legend - who are we to argue?
Not a bad haul indeed for manager foreign to these shores.
Context.
Did much better than 'The Special One' in the UK, and even Wenger?

Look who was before him at Liverpool, and what he won??

Also they way he behaved during Covid was admirable, and deserves in my book, major recognition.
Behaved impeccably.
Unlike a different scottish manager.

But to win what he did with Pep around speaks volumes for me.

Liverpool Legend indeed.

I don't understand who is anybody to say whether or not a person is a legend.
In the eye of the beholder.
Personally, as that all I can do, for me, his record speaks for itself.
Liverpool fans regard him as one.
That's good enough for me!

He won their first title in 30 years and was exceptionally unlucky to not win another and above that won their 6 European Cup. I'm not surprised people fawn over him as he done a remarkable job and will be a very hard act to follow.
7 wins, 8 draws and 5 defeats vs Manchester United though. That’s not exactly great given the state of United while he’s been there, seeing as you value results against your biggest rival above all other available metrics I’m sure you’ll agree he can’t be that big of a legend.

Sir Alex Ferguson didn't get the send off he's getting.

Liverpool are pure cringe inducing puke.

I hate Liverpool and would generally agree they're the weirdest fanbase about after Celtic, but are you really surprised they're giving Klopp a big send off?

Even putting the league win to one side, he utterly galvanised that club.

Can't stand his jolly German schtickster routine, or his passive-aggressive smile when his team is losing. He can't f*ck off soon enough.

And that BBC Sport Casualty clip about his departure can do one too.

Expect nothing else from the media down south when it comes to the tims of England.

It's the same romanticised, boak inducing, over egged pish we get with managers, players & fans who represent that lot.

Let's get it right, Klopp is a bellend, and Liverpool are a horrible club.
No offense but you sound like a child.

With Klopp’s last game at Liverpool approaching tomorrow the usual suspects are fawning all over him. But one league win in nine seasons doesn’t shout out legend to me.
One league title in arguably the hardest league in the world, 2 league cups, 1 FA Cup and 1 CL cup might just put him ahead of Tav don't you think. The man is a legend in Liverpool football club

7 wins, 8 draws and 5 defeats vs Manchester United though. That’s not exactly great given the state of United while he’s been there, seeing as you value results against your biggest rival above all other available metrics I’m sure you’ll agree he can’t be that big of a legend.
I'm sure he is, out of interest how was Liverpool's record against Manchester United before he became manager. He gave them a few heavy beatings which would've endeared him more to the fans and added to his legendary status.

Had a spell of P36 W35 D1.

He finished football.

Throw in 3 of the top 8 highest pints tallies ever, including 2nd and 4th, 3 CL finals etc.

Not sure he needs to justify anything anyone.

Let's see how Man C get on with their 100+ charges.

Tbh it would be four if it wasn’t for the fact Man City had pep.

But if your auntie had baws and all that.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of Liverpool but it would be daft not to acknowledge the impact he had. He's a world class manager who would have dominated the EPL if not for Pep.

I'm sure the Liverpool fans have enjoyed every second of it.

I'm sure he is, out of interest how was Liverpool's record against Manchester United before he became manager. He gave them a few heavy beatings which would've endeared him more to the fans and added to his legendary status.
lol, just you moving the goalposts again then, seems quite standard. One minute it’s all about what you do against your biggest rivals, the next minute it doesn’t matter. I was wondering how you feel about them not being able to get another title after covid, did the Liverpool board not back him sufficiently or did they just not have one of those magic money trees that Douglas Park hides away?

Oh, and United have been a basket case club ever since he’s been there, before Klopp’s era is Sir Alex era, so why would anyone care what their record was like before? Klopp wasn’t facing a Sir Alex united. He was facing them when they were in turmoil chopping and changing both players and managers, so his record against United should surely be a whole lot better.

I’m not arguing he’s not a Liverpool legend by the way, I totally get why he’s revered by their support. I’m just poking fun at how big of a hypocrite you are and the way you chop and change the rules and the importance of certain metrics depending on how big of a crush you have on any particular manager.

If it wasn’t for the freak show that’s City his medal haul would be even greater.

He’s been great for Liverpool and vice versa
If it wasn’t for Sir Alex the fat Spanish waiter would have a couple of league titles under his belt. You can say that about any manager really.

If it wasn’t for Sir Alex the fat Spanish waiter would have a couple of league titles under his belt. You can say that about any manager really.

Benitez was immense at Valencia, winning the league in 2004 after what went on at The Bernabeu in Feb that year as well as the Europa League was superb.

Benitez was immense at Valencia, winning the league in 2004 after what went on at The Bernabeu in Feb that year as well as the Europa League was superb.
2 CL finals with Liverpool, winning one of them, add an FA Cup to that too. Europa League with Chelsea. He became a bit of a joke figure but he’s actually done fantastically well at times.

lol, just you moving the goalposts again then, seems quite standard. One minute it’s all about what you do against your biggest rivals, the next minute it doesn’t matter. I was wondering how you feel about them not being able to get another title after covid, did the Liverpool board not back him sufficiently or did they just not have one of those magic money trees that Douglas Park hides away?

Oh, and United have been a basket case club ever since he’s been there, before Klopp’s era is Sir Alex era, so why would anyone care what their record was like before? Klopp wasn’t facing a Sir Alex united. He was facing them when they were in turmoil chopping and changing both players and managers, so his record against United should surely be a whole lot better.

I’m not arguing he’s not a Liverpool legend by the way, I totally get why he’s revered by their support. I’m just poking fun at how big of a hypocrite you are and the way you chop and change the rules and the importance of certain metrics depending on how big of a crush you have on any particular manager.
Cool, I get it you're referring to our own poor recent record against Celtic. I'm not sure you can really compare both leagues because one is in effect a pub league and the other is arguably the best league in the world. Klopp has improved Liverpool massively and taken them on some journey in the EPL and that is why he'll be a legend there.

My opinion on our own record against our rivals since we were champions are well documented and until that improves we're unlikely to be successful.

Cool, I get it you're referring to our own poor recent record against Celtic. I'm not sure you can really compare both leagues because one is in effect a pub league and the other is arguably the best league in the world. Klopp has improved Liverpool massively and taken them on some journey in the EPL and that is why he'll be a legend there.

My opinion on our own record against our rivals since we were champions are well documented and until that improves we're unlikely to be successful.
Come on there’s some serious hypocrisy here haha. The leagues may differ greatly in quality, but the general format and idea is the same. For an extra laugh, consider this, Klopp actually had a more than decent record against the man with whom he was competing with for most titles (Guardiola), yet he still only won one single title. So there goes your theory about it being all about what you do against your biggest title rivals. Even adding to that, this season my club could have won the league without even beating Celtic once had they not spilled ridiculous points away to County and Dundee.

So yeah man, you just chop and change your opinions and theories according to whatever makes Gerrard and Klopp look better, and any other manager look worse. Full of contradictions. But yes your views are definitely well documented, they’re also easily debunked.

Come on there’s some serious hypocrisy here haha. The leagues may differ greatly in quality, but the general format and idea is the same. For an extra laugh, consider this, Klopp actually had a more than decent record against the man with whom he was competing with for most titles (Guardiola), yet he still only won one single title. So there goes your theory about it being all about what you do against your biggest title rivals. Even adding to that, this season my club could have won the league without even beating Celtic once had they not spilled ridiculous points away to County and Dundee.

So yeah man, you just chop and change your opinions and theories according to whatever makes Gerrard and Klopp look better, and any other manager look worse. Full of contradictions. But yes your views are definitely well documented, they’re also easily debunked.
As are yours, it's quite simple did Gerrard improve Rangers and did Klopp improve Liverpool. The answer is yes anyone saying otherwise is simply lying. I'm not sure where the hypocrisy is though and if you're comfortable with nearly winning the league then that's up to you but I suspect most are not.

Back