Jurgen Klopp

He’s not a legend ffs. Spend hundreds of millions, 1 league. 1 CL and a few cups. In almost a decade. Don’t give us the pish about city, that’s the club he had to beat to win it. The ONLY reason he feted as a legend is because of his political thinking and the media boak fest over Liverpool. I say this as a kid who grew up in tye 70s and 80s and Liverpool were my English team, because of the Scottish players in it.
Arsene venger lite.

I like Klopp and I can get why footballers might live playing under him.

Wonder if Steven Gerrard is regretting leaving Rangers too early now?

With this today and them lifting the trophy this afternoon Sky are going to be an incredible boakfest today

Best avoided

In context, he has done a great job. The first man to win the EPL with Liverpool was always going to be considered a legend.
First league title for Liverpool in thirty years or whatever it was and won the Champions League and the Europa League into the bargain.

Had it not been for the fact he was up against arguably the most formidable side in English football history he would probably have won more.

First league title for Liverpool in thirty years or whatever it was and won the Champions League and the Europa League into the bargain.

Had it not been for the fact he was up against arguably the most formidable side in English football history he would probably have won more.

All he had to do was win the league to become a legend. Everything else just cemented it. He’ll be a hard act to follow for Arne Slot.

A video of what his players and fans thought of his time at Anfield. I think he'll definitely be regarded as a legend at Liverpool.

Had a spell of P36 W35 D1.

He finished football.

Throw in 3 of the top 8 highest pints tallies ever, including 2nd and 4th, 3 CL finals etc.

Not sure he needs to justify anything anyone.

Let's see how Man C get on with their 100+ charges.

No wonder he is in those Erdinger adverts.

Im not a fan of him in all honesty he has done well with the club but this whole fair well tour has just dragged on way too long , the videos , the fact he mentioned its half way through a season and just the repeated mention of it in almost every media outlet ...end it and move on.

Reactions: VGM
No doubt an exceptional manager who will leave a lasting legacy at Liverpool for winning their first league title in 30 odd years and he has had a Liverpool team producing some exceptional football in the 9 years he has been there, but is it just me who thinks he might be a little over-rated?

With Liverpool, he won 8 trophies (2 more than Houlier did at Liverpool), with 5 of these including the Community Shield, Super Cup, Club World Cup and 2x League Cup.

His league finishes read 8th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 5th and 3rd.

To be clear, I do think he is an exceptional manager but I don't think he should be in the same conversation as Pep, Ferguson, Mourinho, and Wenger and yet somehow he is.

Last edited:
For me in terms of ranking premier league managers it’s Ferguson and pep at the top. Then I’d have mourinho. Then imo wenger and klopp are on about the same level.

Haven’t seen anyone say he is on the other three’s level(Ferguson, pep or mourinho). From where Liverpool where before he came in klopp done a good job. He ran into pep’s team which could be looked upon very differently if/when they are found guilty of the 115 charges.

He'd have won two more Prems - including a domestic treble - had Man City not been managed by Guardiola and I suspect in a few years people will recognise this more as even they can't get away with 115 charges.

To be fair to Klopp, he is up against the state funded Man City with Pep as manager and unlimited funds.

Klopp comes across a bit obnoxious at times but he’s a top, top coach.

Liverpool will do well to replace him.

What more do people want him to do?

Even you have an amazing season like Arsenal have had, you make one mistake, lose a couple of players due to injury, then City will pounce. It's almost impossible to overcome them due to all their money allowing them to have a ridiculous squad where they rarely miss even their biggest stars.

He’s in the God tier of managers, but he will never be in contention for the GOAT conversation or anything like that.

James Tavernier, 1 league title in 9 seasons during a time of domination against a team that could outspend us at will. Captained the team to our first title since getting bombed out the league, stopping their Terry Munro in the process. Regarded as a failure overall and ridiculed by everyone else and a big chunk of our own supporters.

Jurgen klopp, 1 league title in 9 seasons. Managed his team to their first title in a very long time, stopping the City juggernaut temporarily. Regarded as a legend, hero worshipped by their fans and mostly respected by everyone else.

Definitely overrated.

He's a good manager, no question. But a Pep, Mourinho, Ancelloti or Sir Alex would regard 1 league title in 9 years as a failure.

As with Dortmund, he's just been the bridesmaid too many times to be considered up there with the real elite level managers. Too many silver medals.

He's the Andy Murray of football management. A great player but not a Federer, Djokovic or Nadal.

Not sure how he's overrated. He's quite rightly rated as one of the best managers of the last 15-20 years but as far as I can see nobody's claiming he's better than Pep, SAF, Jose etc. A level below them for sure, but I don't think anybody would disagree.

No doubt an exceptional manager who will leave a lasting legacy at Liverpool for winning their first league title in 30 odd years and he has had a Liverpool team producing some exceptional football in the 9 years he has been there, but is it just me who thinks he might be a little over-rated?

With Liverpool, he won 8 trophies (2 more than Houlier did at Liverpool), with 5 of these including the Community Shield, Super Cup, Club World Cup and 2x League Cup.

His league finishes read 8th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 5th and 3rd.

To be clear, I do think he is an exceptional manager but I don't think he should be in the same conversation as Pep, Ferguson, Mourinho, and Wenger and yet somehow he is.
I don't think he's overrated he done an exceptional job with Liverpool winning what he has. I also think he done pretty well at Dortmund before going to Liverpool.

Liverpool play in a League with what is in certain respects four winners- getting in the top four is now more highly regarded than an FA Cup win, for instance; in that context he has achieved that, from your stats, 7 out of 8 times, and has therefore been fairly successful in terms of domestic success. If there was one winner, and no CL for the other three sides then his domestic record would perhaps be viewed differently.

No lover of Liverpool. But don’t really think it’s up to people on a Rangers message board to decide if he’s a Liverpool legend or not. If the fans and club think he is, then that’s what he is. And they have had some great legends in the past. Done a great job overall there. Some of the points totals they achieved but finished 2nd would have won the league easily in the days of Sit Alex. It’s not easy to win titles down there. Either is winning the Champions League.

His style of play is why he has lasted so long and gets so much praise. Liverpool might not win the league every year but they are great to watch and always competitive in big games.

He has been there nearly a decade and I don't think I have seen a Liverpool game when I thought the players aren't giving 100% or have given up under Klopp. To do that over so many years and different squads shows he is one of the top managers in the world.

He pushed a state-funded City to within a point in two seasons and also won one for the first time in 30 years

Also won champs league and lost two other finals, winning domestic cups too.

Won two Bundesliga titles in a row with Dortmund. Dortmund themselves in the 90s are the only team other than Bayern to do that since 1990.

A champions league final and winning domestic cups too.

No other team has pushed this City team as close. (Arsenal could yet change that (but I doubt it).

History will look more favourably on him imho.

No lover of Liverpool. But don’t really think it’s up to people on a Rangers message board to decide if he’s a Liverpool legend or not. If the fans and club think he is, then that’s what he is. And they have had some great legends in the past. Done a great job overall there. Some of the points totals they achieved but finished 2nd would have won the league easily in the days of Sit Alex. It’s not easy to win titles down there. Either is winning the Champions League.
Never understood why people get so vexed about how another club in another league want to mark the leaving of a manager who every Liverpool fan on the planet appreciates.

Back