Kemar Roofe - First Choice ?

Northampton Lodger

I love honking my horn
Really struggling to remember if he was ever seen as our first choice striker. Missed so many games through injury has made it harder to recall for me. I think he is an excellent finisher and works very hard for the team . I have no recollection of him playing say 10 or 12 games in a row.

Really struggling to remember if he was ever seen as our first choice striker. Missed so many games through injury has made it harder to recall for me. I think he is an excellent finisher and works very hard for the team . I have no recollection of him playing say 10 or 12 games in a row.

He was first choice on the right, never really first choice up top with Morelos there.

Hoped we'd see him increase his fitness/gametime as the final couple of months of the season progressed and maybe he'd find some form at the right time but everything about his recent appearances would suggest he's finished at even our level.

If he wants, he could probably go to a lower pressure team in the 1st division down south, maybe mid/low table Championship but sadly I expect at 31 he'll probably try for another year and end up retiring by the end of next season which will be a shame. Not his fault his body seems to have really let him down.

He offers zero physicality when leading the line which is why Dessers is getting the nod over him. He doesn’t occupy defenders. He is only a viable option when playing next to another striker who offers a presence.

Great finisher when fit though. It’s no coincidence we won the league when he had his most consistent run of games
I agree and so if it’s 1-1 with 10 minutes to go I can see us keeping Dessers on and putting Roofe on to join him in a change for formation to get the winner.

He offers zero physicality when leading the line which is why Dessers is getting the nod over him. He doesn’t occupy defenders. He is only a viable option when playing next to another striker who offers a presence.

Great finisher when fit though. It’s no coincidence we won the league when he had his most consistent run of games
Correct, remember when Gio tried him as the lone striker at Parkhead, he was brutal ( as were most of the team) he is not physical enough to lead the line.

Roofe on Saturday v Killie during the warm up shooting drill he was awful. Genuinely he looked done

Could hardly hit the target

He won’t start for us again unless we are decimated with even more injuries than we currently have up front

It's become obvious this season that his career, at least at this level, was effectively ended by whatever the injury/injuries he picked up over the last few years. Same as Helander. You could maybe even chuck Morelos, Hagi, Jack and Lawrence into that category as well to varying degrees. It's been a hellish few years for sh*te injuries and it's cost us badly.

Still think you can pinpoint his demise to when he decided to start playing international football for Jamaica. He already struggled with injuries and it was madness to add more games and long distance travel.

He got injured first time he was away and has never had a consistent run of games since. Even when he does play he looks considerably less effective than Dessers.

When he’s fit he scores goals but with the amount of injuries it’s taken its toll and he can’t get back to match sharpness.

If he’s not getting a game the now he can’t be in Clements plans.

Hes basically been out injured for 3 years the level he was at in the 20/21 season is gone.

I think there is a good chance he retires in the next year or 2.

I’d actually even forgotten about him this time around.

Mental.

Is he remotely fit? Can’t remember his last injury.

Still think you can pinpoint his demise to when he decided to start playing international football for Jamaica. He already struggled with injuries and it was madness to add more games and long distance travel.

He got injured first time he was away and has never had a consistent run of games since. Even when he does play he looks considerably less effective than Dessers.
I don’t think a few extra days training or a handful of minutes of international football are the difference between a fit and healthy career and being a cripple like Kemar Roofe or Ryan Jack.

Back