Kevin Nisbet

As long as he's not signing to be the starting striker, don't see a problem. Likely fairly cheap, Scottish, knows the league and how to put the ball in the net. Not every player we sign needs to be a superstar - he might not be as good as Roofe but he'd be an upgrade since he'd actually be available more than twice a year.

Kevin Thomson was at our RSC for a Q and A a few months ago when Nisbet was at Hibs and linked with us. I asked him if he thought he was good enough for Rangers and he replied with a flat no.

A bit of a weird one. I thought he was a fully paid up member of the Provo going by the discussions about him on here. Why the hell would he be at Ibrox?

He ticks the Scottish box for Europe, and he's been decent in the league we play in, but other than that, didn't understand the clamour to sign him when he was linked with us in the past.
He has leanings to the humphies, without doubt, but he is not the standard rhancid type we have to endure day to day.

He's a decent lad and would have no baggage really if he came to us.

Whether or not he is a good fit playing-wise. is another question.

He was a decent player and caused us issues at times. Scored an international goal against Holland.

Though it looks like he has peaked and lost his way, would have been interested a few years ago, not now.

Reckon it must be Dundee.

Aside from the fact he would qualify as nation trained in terms of the European squad, I'm not convinced anything else about Nisbet would fit the profile we're looking for, even if we assumed it was to be a squad option.

He's 27 now, there's a history of injuries which I suspect Clement will aim to avoid in players where he can, and there's no indication that he would thrive when not the first-pick striker.

The need for a bit of experience coupled with the European squad rules may see a 'surprise' signing or two, but I can't see Nisbet being one of those.

How would a player like Nesbit make it onto any lists Koppen will be working from or compiling?

And does he have the kind of fitness record that would interest big PC who expects players available for 90% of the time?

He had promise but hasn't kicked on. A steady Scottish Premier league player and no more. After them winning 3 league titles in a row if he's the calibre of player we're looking at we should all be at the front door with pitch forks.

I know the lad and he definitely isn't Rangers however he would sign for us 100% as I Spike to him about it when he was at hibs

I don’t think we should sign him particularly given his injury record in the last two years however he’s not garbage! When fit and firing for Hibs his movement and finishing was a level above FF’s obsession Shankland.

Wouldn't have him either.

No thanks on 3 things.
A) Hes 1 of them.
B) He's not even English Championship material never mind Rangers.
C) He's Shit.

Really wish we'd stop looking for older players from the bloody Championship.

Whats wrong with players from Belgium, Netherlands etc.
I get that they'll cost more but id rather have quality over quantity.
4 top signings for the spine of the team & we'll be a totally different team.
As you say they will cost more and I doubt we have the money

Never good enough for us

Surely Koppen would have better targets than this ffs

If that’s our target base level we are not going to improve and challenge next season

Started well at Millwall, last pre season,but done little since, albeit had injuries.Neil Harris has come out publicly about a disciplinary issue a couple of weeks ago which will just add to the locals losing any faith in him. My interpretation of that is he's for the off this summer . Based on his last year and his attitude I wouldn't be going anywhere near him

Not a chance has Nils Koppen been searching far and wide for transfer targets and conjured up Kevin bloody Nisbet.

Nisbet as a third choice striker would be pretty good if we could get him for cheap. Would be like a less prolific Billy Dodds.

But the concern is that we would probably need to sell Dessers to fund a starting striker, and we're back at square one taking a punt on an unknown.

Would worry me if that’s the calibre of player the club thought would have us progressing in europe and winning leagues

Tensions are high after our collapse, understandably. Kevin Nisbett as a first choice striker would not be good enough and we need to aim higher. I can’t believe if we are looking at him it’s to be our first choice. Kevin Nisbett as a second or third striker would be a reasonable signing IMO

To be completely honest, I wouldn't say no to Nisbet.

For me, he has more to his game than Shankland & would be cheaper. He's also younger.

A far better option to come.off the bench or start v lesser SPFL opposition than what we have now.

He'd be a good signing for Dundee to be fair. They'll just continue to neglect their pitch to pay his wages.

He scores goals reminded me of Billy Dodds when he was at Hibs

Something we really could have done with this season.

My first thought was maybe he is gojng to Dundee but then a bit strange he was in the members lounge.
Not anywhere near what we need at all but also need to keep in mind that our homegrown quota left us struggling with a squad in Europe this season. We are losing Ryan Jack and possibly Scott Wright. We are going to need to sign Scottish players this window.

I couldn't care less who he supported growing up but I don't want us to sign players who are injury prone. It's cost us time and time again and we need to get away from it.

You can get unlucky (Cortes/Danilo) but we need to give ourself the best chance moving forward and signing folk we know to be injured a lot isn't the way.

Has Michael O'Halloran taught us nothing?
Hopefully Nisbet was at the game because he is signing for Dundee.
Look at Mo Johnston, a bigger one of that mob you'll struggle to find but gave us 100% every game. Not that I want Nisbet just making a point.

Means nothing.

Cousins of mine attends Trinity high and is a season ticket holder at Ibrox.

You're cousins are obviously of the proper stock, he isn't. He is one of them. Even acts like one when he played against us.

Secondly, he has had couple of very bad injuries, so knowing our luck, we sign him and he takes over Roofe's medical season ticket.

Least its something different than watching people begging to sign Shankland again.

Back