Lammers

Dutch League is a more superior League, unsure of the HG quotas but the usual big 3 would be crazy not to have a look and fire some money our way ;)

Beale absolutely threw him under a bus by changing the formation after one game and using him out of position.

Hopefully for both us and him, his form in the Netherlands has gotten attention and he gets a permanent move to someone else.

Watched the game earlier and he was unrecognisable to the passive personality that saw him compared to a KLM flight steward. Full of confidence and almost angry in his play at times.

It just shows how important it is to find the right loan for these kind of assets. Lammers has gone away and got his mojo back in a pressure free atmosphere. Compare and contrast with Itten, who we sent to the worst team in the Bundesliga.

He’s done brilliant played in his actual position. I’d we don’t get decent offers bring him back and sell Dessers, who we should be selling anyway
Be great if we can recoup the £7-8m on the pair and reinvest, the thing is though will Dessers actually be better for the season he has in the bank? And I'm being serious, I'm not a huge fan and his decision making on when to pull the trigger, its baffling BUT roll the dice again and no guarantee is there. At least now we absolutely know at a bare minimum we are getting 20+ goals

Fair play to Sam Lammers. He's smashed this loan spell and pretty much garentees we will get a decent fee at least for him.

Could he make it with us under PC? I'm not so sure but then im not sure Beale played him as a Striker either.

Watched the game earlier and he was unrecognisable to the passive personality that saw him compared to a KLM flight steward. Full of confidence and almost angry in his play at times.

It just shows how important it is to find the right loan for these kind of assets. Lammers has gone away and got his mojo back in a pressure free atmosphere. Compare and contrast with Itten, who we sent to the worst team in the Bundesliga.
Great point.

Would have scored more than Dessers as a CF for Rangers. Mental Beale thought he was a 10.

Hopefully get our money back on both over the summer.
Dessers has scored more thwn twice the goals that Shankland has from open play since January and is the top scorer in the league by a good bit this year.

But let's not get that in the way of people having pop from those who doubled down on him being shite in October and can't let it go.

Last edited:
Thats him scored in the last game of the season, so 17 apps 9 goals and 3 assists.
That the stats you want when a player is out on loan and you want too sell him........money back no problem and maybe a profit
All scored from playing as a striker.

Not as centre mid or a wide player.

Who could have guessed you get more out of a player in his favoured position ?

r we all so sure we sell him?

I'm not sure we can ignore a guy playing in the right position playing this well and that goal return in the Dutch top flight ?

If he wasn't on loan from us we would all be screaming to sign him
100% sell him.

His goal rate has been honking for years. Great that he has performed and got goals whilst on loan but never going to flourish at Rangers or in Scottish football generally.

100% sell him.

His goal rate has been honking for years. Great that he has performed and got goals whilst on loan but never going to flourish at Rangers or in Scottish football generally.
I do get it drago but just with the level of turnover we hopefully have in the squad it might be one for us to see what happens

However ... sell Lammers for £6m+ and it gets Miovski ... sign me up

I do get it drago but just with the level of turnover we hopefully have in the squad it might be one for us to see what happens

However ... sell Lammers for £6m+ and it gets Miovski ... sign me up

He's one of the ones we will actually get money for. Got knows how we are going to shift the likes of Lawrence, Wright and Davies.

He was a stand out at training, but just couldn’t produce the goods on the pitch with the system we were playing and the personnel beside him.
Probably best to sell him, take any profit with thanks and move on. It is a shame things did not work out - but I am not sure it makes any sense to try to bring him back with any hope that he can make an impression the second time around. Onwards and upwards for both parties

Back