Lammers

Superb, hopefully we’ll get him sold without a loss now. Horrendous signing for our league.

r we all so sure we sell him?

I'm not sure we can ignore a guy playing in the right position playing this well and that goal return in the Dutch top flight ?

If he wasn't on loan from us we would all be screaming to sign him
Yep sell him. Hes maybe found his level there. Our shirts too big for a lot of decent players. And dessers should be kept on.hes had a decent first season and hopefully knows what our leagues about now.

Yep sell him. Hes maybe found his level there. Our shirts too big for a lot of decent players. And dessers should be kept on.hes had a decent first season and hopefully knows what our leagues about now.
strikers are all about momentum , u see it time and time again with players who find their feet and have a good 4/5 season run , looks like it's happening with Itten really hope it's not with Lammers if/when we move him on

I'm all aboard selling him for a decent profit if we invest it all to get Miovski

He's one of the ones we will actually get money for. Got knows how we are going to shift the likes of Lawrence, Wright and Davies.
I'm clinging to the hope Davies agent still has his PowerPoint fresh that he showed Liverpool which will convince some championship team to give us our money back

Lawrence and wright - we will struggle to give away

I do get it drago but just with the level of turnover we hopefully have in the squad it might be one for us to see what happens

However ... sell Lammers for £6m+ and it gets Miovski ... sign me up
Nobody outside of Holland will touch him. None of the big 3 in Holland will want him.

We’re basically hoping Twente or AZ want him if we are to receive anything over £1.5m for him.

Nobody outside of Holland will touch him. None of the big 3 in Holland will want him.

We’re basically hoping Twente or AZ want him if we are to receive anything over £1.5m for him.
Well if that's the case he's worth the gamble to let him play in the 9 for at least pre season

Probably in a minority here, but if Lammers is producing in the Dutch league, are we being a tad hasty in selling him? Did PC see the best of him in a position that when PC came in, we had Danilo and Dessers occupying? We've signed Danilo and Dessers from the same league that Lammers is doing well in. Like I said probably in a minority, but maybe PC should have a look at him in the summer as a No 9?

OR is his stock higher at present than it would be if we kept him and hypothetically he finished top scorer in the SPL?

Maybe we should have loaned him rather than bought him!

Fair play to him.

Well if that's the case he's worth the gamble to let him play in the 9 for at least pre season
The problem is, he looked pretty good last pre-season :D .

I don’t think moving him 10 yards further forward makes him not miss some of those absolute sitters he had. Then again, we would all be pretty excited if we were signing a guy with that record in Holland this season. Think it just proves a point that every signing is a gamble.

I don’t think moving him 10 yards further forward makes him not miss some of those absolute sitters he had. Then again, we would all be pretty excited if we were signing a guy with that record in Holland this season. Think it just proves a point that every signing is a gamble.
Can't argue with that mate , crystal ball stuff

You never know he might come back and reignite the changing room after a great second half to the season ...

It’s crazy given how unbelievably bad Dessers was in the first half of the season that he wasn’t ever tried at centre forward.
Beale bought him and Clement trained with him, I'll take 50% of those managers in being right and making the correct call. Folk moan about Silva, %^*& me at least we have a young lad who will work and potentially could get us a goal next weekend.
Lammers? No thank you, he has no future here and either does Hagi but the threads will flood in regardless this Summer

Probably in a minority here, but if Lammers is producing in the Dutch league, are we being a tad hasty in selling him? Did PC see the best of him in a position that when PC came in, we had Danilo and Dessers occupying? We've signed Danilo and Dessers from the same league that Lammers is doing well in. Like I said probably in a minority, but maybe PC should have a look at him in the summer as a No 9?

OR is his stock higher at present than it would be if we kept him and hypothetically he finished top scorer in the SPL?
Yes mate, he was rotten and we are very fortunate we didn't need to watch him fail over a 38 game SPFL season. The loan has been great for us, him and whoever will give us our outlay back. Move on and trust Clement, the panic need to trust Clement turning Beale's shitshow into something they are not needs to stop

Last edited:
This is only the second season he’s got into double digits. Here’s his goal scoring record season on season since 2016. Admittedly he didn’t get many games some of these seasons, the early couple -

2-0-16-3-2-2-2-12

The only League he’s scored goals in is the Eredivisie, in two different seasons. He could have being getting played out of position in the Bundesliga and Serie A too or it may just have been too good a level for him.

He is a good player but just not suited to our game and was playing with zero confidence. The fans were slaughtering him and it wasn’t clicking for him. I am glad he is doing well.
Utrecht have a wealthy owner so I hope he buys him.

For any Dutch clubs looking in, he’s a magnificent player - the best Dutch player we’ve ever had at Rangers.

Worked out well, now sell.

Madness to think some would try and keep him.

He’s never suited to our league and that should have been blatantly obvious to the scouting department.

Terrible waste of money - let’s recoup what we can and move on.

Dessers is far more effective and that’s saying something.

My son even said that no player is going to settle in a different league in a different country in 2 months.
Furihashi and Maeda settled in here instantly. And coming from about as polar opposite a culture to ours as is possible. Their football players, part of the job description is you may have to go work and live in foreign countries. Wee Ridvan was "settling in" for about a year. You could settle in Antarctica in that time.

Furihashi and Maeda settled in here instantly. And coming from about as polar opposite a culture to ours as is possible.
That's a very good point, and tbh I can't get my head round it. I see signing for Rangers as three completely different jobs: Old Firm games, games against hammer-throwers, sometimes on questionable pitches, and European games. With a signing like Lammers, you felt there was nothing in his experience to prepare him for the first two of those, and you could argue that he struggled there. But you make the point that other players do cope, and better than cope. What I can't work out is how you spot those signings ahead of time.

T
Thats him scored in the last game of the season, so 17 apps 9 goals and 3 assists.
That the stats you want when a player is out on loan and you want too sell him........money back no problem and maybe a profit
hey still have some playoff games so his goal tally can potentially improve

Confidence is a huge thing for strikers in particular, his was utterly destroyed by that charlatan playing him out of position with a role he's never played and with " instructions" that no fucker in the team evening understood. Beale fucked his confidence to the degree he was a shadow of what he is now having rebuilt it.

Having had a look, he didn't play regularly and in his correct role at many of his previous clubs. The seasons he's been a regular starter, as a striker are the two that he's scored a good amount of goals.

He seems to be a different kettle of fish when he is both playing regularly, in his actual position.

Last edited:
Would have scored more than Dessers as a CF for Rangers. Mental Beale thought he was a 10.

Hopefully get our money back on both over the summer.
You saw his miss against Celtic right? Open goal and he hit the side netting.

Some players just aren't suited to Rangers or Scottish football. Sam seems to fall into that category. He crumbled playing for us. Dessers took it all on the chin and kept going, his statistics since Clement came in are pretty damn impressive.

Really weird signing from Beale. Buying a striker to play as a 10 was an experiment we couldn’t afford.

You could see that Lammers had a bit of talent in there but his confidence looked absolutely shot. Convinced he was hiding at times.

Hopefully we can get a decent fee for him.

This is only the second season he’s got into double digits. Here’s his goal scoring record season on season since 2016. Admittedly he didn’t get many games some of these seasons, the early couple -

2-0-16-3-2-2-2-12

The only League he’s scored goals in is the Eredivisie, in two different seasons. He could have being getting played out of position in the Bundesliga and Serie A too or it may just have been too good a level for him.
Incidentally those are the only two seasons he's both been a regular starter and played as a striker.

Hopefully its put him right in the shop window for us to recoup the money we paid at minimum for him.

His confidence was shot here and he was playing as a 10 and it was clear he was not a 10. I don't think he the ability to be the player we need, so if we can get him out of the door, get the money back then happy days and we could potentially re-invest in someone who is fast, aggressive and can score.

Confidence is a huge thing for strikers in particular, his was utterly destroyed by that charlatan playing him out of position with a role he's never played and with " instructions" that no fucker in the team evening understood. Beale fucked his confidence to the degree he was a shadow of what he is now having rebuilt it.

Having had a look, he didn't play regularly and in his correct role at many of his previous clubs. The seasons he's been a regular starter, as a striker are the two that he's scored a good amount of goals.

He seems to be a different kettle of fish when he is both playing regularly, in his actual position.
You could be right. Its either he’s totally different playing as a striker or totally different playing on home soil.

Either way, Rangers isn’t the club for someone with such a fragile mentality.

You could see that Lammers had a bit of talent in there but his confidence looked absolutely shot. Convinced he was hiding at times.

Hopefully we can get a decent fee for him.
He was hiding, he didnt want the ball.

I have never seen anything quite like it in all my years following Rangers.

He should never play again and even a sale for a loss would be fine with me.

Folk saying sell Dessers and keep Lammers are really strange, as if Dessers would somehow struggle if he played for a mid table Dutch team and Lammers has done something incredible. Dessers had a better than 1 in 2 record for Heracles.

Watched the game earlier and he was unrecognisable to the passive personality that saw him compared to a KLM flight steward. Full of confidence and almost angry in his play at times.

It just shows how important it is to find the right loan for these kind of assets. Lammers has gone away and got his mojo back in a pressure free atmosphere. Compare and contrast with Itten, who we sent to the worst team in the Bundesliga.
A loan always destined to fail, still netted against Bayern mind you. Left us, won the title with YB, finished two goals off top scorer in Switzerland and was in running for player of the year. We don't half mismanage players at times, irrespective of ability.

Getting our money back would partially rescue a predictably bad transfer on our side.

But I don't know where he would go. He's not good enough for the top 3 in Holland and the rest of the league may struggle to afford him. If we find anyone as daft as we were to think he can do well out of The Netherlands that would be great but we're relying on them having a disastrous scouting department who look past Lammers' repeated failures outside of his home country.

Back