Lawrence and Dowell Not Good Enough!

I agree with this

You simply after 6 month have no idea what the manager is trying to do

He's trying to win the league with an imbalanced and injury plagued squad. He has had 1 transfer window, in which he has said we literally didn't have a pot to piss in. You can see what he is trying to do, but he doesn't have a squad of players capable of doing it with any level of consistency. The fact we are even in a race going in to the split is an incredible achievement given where we were when he took over. It's not been perfect, clearly, but I've seen enough to be convinced this guy knows what he is doing.

They are both mid table championship standard, at best. The worrying thing is, most of our squad is of a similar standard, even our supposed top performers, Cantwell, Tavernier, Goldson and Lumdstram particularly.
Who in your opinion in Scotland is head and shoulders above that level?

Weak and lazy!
The number of times Lawrence in particular was trotting around like it was a kickabout in the local park was pathetic. Same in the OF game.
Dowell trotting back at celtc 3rd goal
Neither has Rangers class or fight required!
They're both chronically injured and perennialy unfit as a result.

They cannot play Football for 90mins anymore.

Raskin looks the same as well, a country mile off the pace of games and unable to keep up for 90mins.

He's trying to win the league with an imbalanced and injury plagued squad. He has had 1 transfer window, in which he has said we literally didn't have a pot to piss in. You can see what he is trying to do, but he doesn't have a squad of players capable of doing it with any level of consistency. The fact we are even in a race going in to the split is an incredible achievement given where we were when he took over. It's not been perfect, clearly, but I've seen enough to be convinced this guy knows what he is doing.
He said himself on Sunday the players did not stick to the transitional structure. The players have to listen, keep the structure and dominate the game to win.

Not for me, I don’t rate him at all but see what you are saying; lots of fans rate him far too highly.
It’s a strange things that happens with any new player. Its almost like the fans need to over play how good a player rather than say he is just ok and no more.
I’m sure we can’t be the only fan base that does it but if you go by FF we either have world beaters or the worst players in the world. We have no one inbetween

I agree with this

You simply after 6 month have no idea what the manager is trying to do
Clement has done well so far in winning the Cup, progressing in Europe, and generally getting results. Pretty sure he wouldn't have selected most of the players he's been landed with and the squad has been very imbalanced at times through a crazy amount of injuries. Would expect a more settled team next year with a more defined style of play, although there's obviously a need to mix things up a bit in terms of playing style as it helps opponents if we always play the same way.

They go and sign a guy at 20 years old on the way up. We are signing guys who are either no-marks or on the way down.
Exactly. Without knowing too much about Lawrence, he was signed at 28 years old with no European or top flight experience. Players like that need to hit the ground running, something which very rarely happens at Rangers.

End of last season -after we skelped the terrorists in the dead rubber. Cantwell was being called a £25m player, and Raskin, a £30m one.
There's an inferiority complex a lot of fans have when it comes to valuation of/selling players, completely down to the fees the scum pull in.

A combined 55 million for Cantwell and Raskin ffs

To be honest, the only players I definetely want to be here next season are Sterling and Sima. Genuinely.

Butland, Yilmaz and Lammers are the only ones that will be able to generate any decent amount of cash in the Sumner. So they'll probably be away.

And the rest can genuinely follow.

Going to hazard a guess and say because he is Rangers player and we are all Rangers supporters.

I reckon that guess is a hazard.

It doesn't matter how much you love the club, you have to go with the evidence of your peepers. And mine tell me he is very average and flatters to deceive.

As my wee mate said to me a couple of weeks ago when we were discusing him saying we're a stepping stone to the EPL,? 'The only involvement he'll have with the EPL, is watching MOTD.'

Lawrence was decent when he came, been utter pish since he came back from his lengthy injury lay off. Both not good enough along with Cantwell.
You are right there is a player in there. I do thing he lacks a wee bit in application and determination over 90 mins and has been off the boil for some time now.

I am late to this thread, but I thought in the first half at Dingwall Dowell looked decent, drove with the ball from midfield etc. He's never suited to sitting there though which meant Lunny was a 1 man midfield again.
Clement needs to get this right as its the last 4 games I've noticed the middle of the park is a gaping hole.

He's not great either

Even when he was playing he was all over the place
On Raskin (a bit like a few others)
I think he would benefit from playing in a proper 3 in the middle. He isn't defensively aware enough to be part of a sitting 2.
Our midfield would be so much better with a bit more balance in it. For instance - Raskin Lunny and Cantwell as a 3. A little like how we used to play under Gerrard.

I am late to this thread, but I thought in the first half at Dingwall Dowell looked decent, drove with the ball from midfield etc. He's never suited to sitting there though which meant Lunny was a 1 man midfield again.
Clement needs to get this right as its the last 4 games I've noticed the middle of the park is a gaping hole.
Dowell hasnt looked decent since he was paraded with the jersey sorry

Hes looks like something Super Ally would have signed in division 3

Lawrence was utter pish the entire game. Then we take off Cantwell for Dowell who did absolutely fu** all, another imposter. Raskin must be briutal in training if he can't get on to the pitch right now.

We need Diamonde back now, and Ridvan so Sterling can play in midfield. Don't want to see Lawrence or Dowell in a Rangers strip again.

Sadly, if we'd had their player Sylla (or McCowan) running out for us tonight instead of Lawrence, we'd probably have been better.
That's two games in a row we've seen that -- Dhanda was probably a better midfielder than any of ours against Ross Co.

Tonight it was 50/50 in my mind whether Lawrence or Cantwell would come off for Dowell.
I'd have honestly left Cantwell on because at least he was getting involved higher up the pitch and trying to shoot (all blocked unfortunately).

Lawrence, Dowell, Cantwell, Raskin, Lundstram, Jack,
Wright, McAusland, Matondo, Silva, Sima, Dessers, Danilo, Roofe...

I've probably forgotten someone, but there's not one that would be missed.

What a terrible waste of money.

%^*& me both are fucking rotten and look every inch the championship fodder players. They can take cantwell with them as well. Can we please stop signing shite players from that league thank you.

Never seen the hype with Lawrence pre or post injury, bang average.

Never saw the logic in signing Dowell, another injury prone player, who I felt was no better than what we already had, including Lawrence! Beale fucked us big time with recruitment.

The type of players that would probably have been acceptable in the Warburton Championship season!

He's done nothing and there within lies the issue, he is not the uber talent he was sold as. If he was then I'm sorry but you are not behind Dowell and Lawrence for a starting place.

Im at a point now where I would give him a start and see what happens, Im sick of our midfield being posted missing.

I seem to remember one of the games in Europe we played this season and Raskin was really good?

Sterling and Diomande plus 1 other should be our midfield but Yilmaz missing is effecting the whole left side of the team.

You mentioned “weak and lazy”
Why didn’t you add Lundstram to that list..? The biggest culprit of them all.
Thank you been saying it for weeks. His laziness caused goals at Ross County. Running in glue. All he does is pass backwards and sideways.
Last nights shitshow and almost cost us again with his weak piss poor header to one of their players in the box. A man who plays like he’s away already.

Back