League table after eight games.

pilgarlic

Here's the thing. I might be wrong but that was the widest gap all season on level games.
It was seven points and six goals goal difference.
If things had been different and there had been a gradual clawback of points to now the mindset would be completely different. It's only form over the last month or so that's caused this. The league is still very much alive. A good cup showing and performance will be what the doctor ordered.
They have the momentus that we threw away. It starts again from scratch. That has to be the mindset .

Why do people keep spouting this bollocks? We were in a position to beat them and have the possibility to put five points between them and us. Making scenarios up that didn’t happen makes no difference at all to what has happened. We were favourites for the title and have made an arse of it and handed favouritism right back to them

It was 11 at one point. Doesn't excuse not beating a bottom 2 team and a team we beat in the same venue 5 nil in order to go 2 points and multiple goals clear at the top with 5 games to play and end up 3 points and 5 goals behind. We improved dramatically then just as rapidly fell apart. The story of our season.

Everyone thought both teams would drop points in the run in, i never expected our points to go in those games.
It's still possible to get back on track, but with the last few team selections and performances it looks very unlikely.

It was 11 at one point. Doesn't excuse not beating a bottom 2 team and a team we beat in the same venue 5 nil in order to go 2 points and multiple goals clear at the top with 5 games to play and end up 3 points and 5 goals behind. We improved dramatically then just as rapidly fell apart. The story of our season.
There were games in hand at that time.

Why do people keep spouting this bollocks? We were in a position to beat them and have the possibility to put five points between them and us. Making scenarios up that didn’t happen makes no difference at all to what has happened. We were favourites for the title and have made an arse of it and handed favouritism right back to them

People still trying to kid themselves and pretend we’ve not fucked it up.

That the league was basically over anyway until Clement came in so we should be greatful that we were in a position to challenge - we should have been ahead of them!

Also that you can just flick a switch and players will all of a sudden find form and results.

There isn’t a single player on form, the football on show is an utter shit show, we are a joke at the back, barely have a midfield and the attack is toothless.

There was no response after the Ross County defeat, we barely got a shot on target at Dens and dropped more points. Weeks after failing to beat Celtic once again having thrown in an absolute shocker of a 1st half. A defeat at Ross County was supposedly a blessing in disguise. Who comes up with that shite in the middle of a title battle?

Lost count the amount of times we’ve seen this from this group of players. All talk off the park from players and supporters.

Here's the thing. I might be wrong but that was the widest gap all season on level games.
If things had been different and there had been a gradual clawback of points to now the mindset would be completely different. It's only form over the last month or so that's caused this. The league is still very much alive. A good cup showing and performance will be what the doctor ordered.
They have the momentus that we threw away. It starts again from scratch. That has to be the mindset .
OK Timmy.

We need to get that mindset removed. There's three points in it. I'm pretty confident goals won't come into it. It's down to the last match. One win and the boots on the other foot. It's one match. Stop with the negativeness.

We need to get that mindset removed. There's three points in it. I'm pretty confident goals won't come into it. It's down to the last match. One win and the boots on the other foot. It's one match. Stop with the negativeness.
Yes but we are three points behind when we had the chance to be 5 in front. So where we were when PC arrived is irrelevant really. You are making it sound like we should be glad to be where we are when in reality we have handed them the momentum with a handful of games to play.

Yes but we are three points behind when we had the chance to be 5 in front. So where we were when PC arrived is irrelevant really. You are making it sound like we should be glad to be where we are when in reality we have handed them the momentum with a handful of games to play.
No that's not what I mean. I mean that if we had clawed it back progressively to where we are now noone would be negative. It's simply because we went ahead that makes it more sickening but it's crazy people giving up.

No that's not what I mean. I mean that if we had clawed it back progressively to where we are now noone would be negative. It's simply because we went ahead that makes it more sickening but it's crazy people giving up.
But that’s not what has happened though so there is no point as if talking about that’s what’s happened?

We had it in our own hands to a point where we beat them at Ibrox and win the game in hand we could afford to lose at Parkhead and still be in front. We have took 2/9pts from kick off of that game

If someone had offered us 3 points behind going into the split at that point, you'd have ripped their hand off. The league looked like it would be done by Xmas. Of course the past couple of weeks have been a massive kick in the nuts, but people have short memories and seem to have forgotten the omnishambles the manager walked into. To have got that squad to this position is a minor miracle. That's why I can't get my head around some of the vitriol being fired in his direction.

But that’s not what has happened though so there is no point as if talking about that’s what’s happened?

We had it in our own hands to a point where we beat them at Ibrox and win the game in hand we could afford to lose at Parkhead and still be in front. We have took 2/9pts from kick off of that game
So you're saying he over achieved for 6 months and now players have reverted to type over the past couple of weeks, the manager should carry the can? You can't just dismiss what he achieved in getting us back into the title race ffs. Need to look at the bigger picture.

If someone had offered us 3 points behind going into the split at that point, you'd have ripped their hand off. The league looked like it would be done by Xmas. Of course the past couple of weeks have been a massive kick in the nuts, but people have short memories and seem to have forgotten the omnishambles the manager walked into. To have got that squad to this position is a minor miracle. That's why I can't get my head around some of the vitriol being fired in his direction.
He can’t be above questioning or criticism though? Where did Scott Wright starting the Old firm game come from? Why are we playing Sima right when he has been a shining light in the team from the left?

I've kept up the 'one game at a time' theme on posts of this sort since Clement arrived. Our next 'most important game is on Sunday. It is huge. Take it one game at a time Bears and give our team as much support as you can in every game. We still have a massive few weeks ahead of us.

Anything can happen in football. Anything.

We’ve seen it before and we’ll see it again.

I’m sure we’ve won the league from a worse situation. 5 points behind with 3 games to play after an OF defeat at Ibrox.

No Surrender.
Ah the no surrender mantra, many of us will sleep better now, mad john.

The league situation is not "we are better off than when Beale was here and we should be happy with where we are. We are still in it.".

It is "This squad had us in pole position and blew it again. With an absolute Omni shambles of a must-win OF game at home, with no away fans. And two of the most insipid, lazy, careless and downright spineless performances you'd ever witness.".

When we beat hearts and Killie, had the momentum and grabbed pole position, everything before it is history and almost irrelevant. We blew it. That is the issue. Not that we are still slightly better than October.

It’s an utterly embarrassing way to look at things. Go right back to when the season has just started and ignore the last few weeks.
How is it? Are you for real? Have you given up on the league?
There's three points in it and 15 points available.

Clement is going the same way as Van Bronckhorst and Beale, However, if Clement is happy here he can replace the usual suspects in the summer.

It can definitely still be done. 3 points with 5 games to go, including another crack at the scum should have the squad pumped up. That's without even mentioning the possibility of a glorious treble.

The problem is...well, we know the problem. The defence is awful. Pure and simple. The right hand side especially has been costing us for years, and cost us big time against our biggest obstacle in the way of said trophies.

We also have nowhere enough in the final 3rd. Not enough creativity (mad amount of shots don't equate to enough actual clear cut chances) or anyone that can be relied on up top to put away whatever chances we do muster up.

Clement has squeezed every last ounce out of the new manager bounce to just get us back within touching distance. Unfortunately, it's when we're within touching distance and we become the team to beat again that we see our arses collapse under the pressure.

If we have any chance of winning the league it will more than likely have to come from another minor miracle from Clement, but the chances of him squeezing another push out of the same players that look as if they can't be arsed now are low.

Exactly

No not exactly.

If someone has told you at the start of the season before a ball was kicked they would drop 19 points outwith the games against us and having played them 4 times 2 of which were at Ibrox would you be happy to be 3 points behind going into the split?

Of course not.

No not exactly.

If someone has told you at the start of the season before a ball was kicked they would drop 19 points outwith the games against us and having played them 4 times 2 of which were at Ibrox would you be happy to be 3 points behind going into the split?

Of course not.
The manager wasn't here at the start of the season and a lot of the damage had already been done by the time he arrived. And we haven't played them 4 times? The point I'm making is that when the Clement came in, we were already well behind in the league and in freefall. The league looked done. If any Rangers supporter had been told we'd be 3 points behind going into the split after we lost 3-1 at home to Aberdeen in Beale's last game, they'd have been delighted. Take a look through thread, after thread, after thread on here. Virtually every player in the squad is being slaughtered for being not good enough and / or not mentally strong enough. Yet it's the manager's fault that he hasn't turned what is pretty much universally accepted to be a piss poor, mentally weak group of players, into a winning machine? This place is fukn nuts.

The manager wasn't here at the start of the season and a lot of the damage had already been done by the time he arrived. And we haven't played them 4 times? The point I'm making is that when the Clement came in, we were already well behind in the league and in freefall. The league looked done. If any Rangers supporter had been told we'd be 3 points behind going into the split after we lost 3-1 at home to Aberdeen in Beale's last game, they'd have been delighted. Take a look through thread, after thread, after thread on here. Virtually every player in the squad is being slaughtered for being not good enough and / or not mentally strong enough. Yet it's the manager's fault that he hasn't turned what is pretty much universally accepted to be a piss poor, mentally weak group of players, into a winning machine? This place is fukn nuts.
4 times clearly a typo I know we haven't played them 4 times.

I haven't said it's the managers fault anywhere.

Everyone keeps saying "ah but you'd be happy knowing this when Beale left"

It can also be looked through the prism of if you were told before the Motherwell game and even more so after they lost to Hearts we'd we'd be 3 points behind going into the split you'd be raging.

Point in making is that doesn't have to be the reference point for absolutely everything

Last edited:
Anything can happen in football. Anything.

We’ve seen it before and we’ll see it again.

I’m sure we’ve won the league from a worse situation. 5 points behind with 3 games to play after an OF defeat at Ibrox.

No Surrender.

I agree but mentality of the squad back then was different. Sterling's interview was worrying and suggests that theirs something gone wrong behind the scenes

The league is a season long.
Who gives a F#*K how many points we were behind at one point and what we clawed it back to etc etc blah blah!!!
The only points that matter is when the final game of the season is over!!

The league isn't done, correct, everyone realises that, it's just more people are also realising we aren't doing it with this shit the bed of a team.

Time and time again they have let us fans down and it's honestly getting tiresome.

4 times clearly a typo I know we haven't played them 4 times.

I haven't said it's the managers fault anywhere.

Everyone keeps saying "ah but you'd be happy knowing this when Beale left"

It can also be looked through the prism of if you were told before the Motherwell game and even more so after they lost to Hearts we'd we'd be 3 points behind going into the split you'd be raging.

Point in making is that doesn't have to be the reference point for absolutely everything
I think it's a relevant reference point in comparing where we were to where we are and looking at the whole period of the manager's tenure, rather than just the past few weeks. He took over an utter shit show and all we had was hope and zero expectation. Then suddenly hope turned to expectation and it seems certain senior players just cannot cope with expectation. Twice under Gerrard we clawed our way back to the top of the table at New Year, raised expectations, then disintegrated. Same under GvB. Expected to go on and win the title when we threw 2 points away at Dingwall (again losing 3 goals up there ironically) that gave them the chance to go top a few days later and we disintegrated. The past few weeks have been like watching the same old movie. There's a recurring theme which needs addressed in summer. In the meantime, all we can do is hope that something clicks in the mindset of these players and we win every game over the next 5 weeks and see where it takes us.

We now need to beat them at Parkhead
Ain't gonna happen
We now need to claw back x amount of goals
Ain't gonna happen
We now need to win every game against the Top 6
Ain't gonna happen
Not with this bunch of charlatans

ps I hope I'm proved wrong on all of the above

We now need to beat them at Parkhead
Ain't gonna happen
We now need to claw back x amount of goals
Ain't gonna happen
We now need to win every game against the Top 6
Ain't gonna happen
Not with this bunch of charlatans

ps I hope I'm proved wrong on all of the above
That doesn't even rhyme

I've kept up the 'one game at a time' theme on posts of this sort since Clement arrived. Our next 'most important game is on Sunday. It is huge. Take it one game at a time Bears and give our team as much support as you can in every game. We still have a massive few weeks ahead of us.
The support has given them all the support and more the last few months and we been given nothing in return.No amount of shouting no surrender will change it.These players are done and have reached their life span in a Rangers Jersey.

Back