Leeds are falling apart again

Is that a “rolling” contract?
If not, it might be in Leeds favour to bin him now.
Next month might be too late for this season!

So I believe. I think this is the longest he's ever stayed at a club. I'm guessing the board worship the ground he walks on for getting them promoted so let him do pretty much whatever he wants with his contract. Would be surprised if they sacked him unless they are cut adrift at the bottom.

I found it a bit strange that the Leeds support last night seemed to treat the game as a day out. The fact they got humped didn't seem to bother them. They were lucky it didn't end in double figures.
I expected a bit more anger from them.

I found it a bit strange that the Leeds support last night seemed to treat the game as a day out. The fact they got humped didn't seem to bother them. They were lucky it didn't end in double figures.
I expected a bit more anger from them.
Thought their support was magnificent last night, getting humped but still singing their hearts out, Citys support is a bit pathetic.

City are the one of the world's richest teams, have the most expensive football squad in history and are managed by one of the sport's greatest ever managers.

Leeds were promoted from the Championship last season and were missing their three best players.

A lot going on at Leeds, which isn't great, but a hammering like that for a newly promoted team missing their England internationalists isn't all that of a surprise.

Leeds have some brutal injuries and a coach with a philosophy that doesn’t really suit going to City when heavily understrength and playing them at their own game.

Once they get a few back and some new signings in, I wouldn’t be too worried. There are three far worse teams than Leeds.

The EPL is a great league but just like every other one there is a massive gap from the top few teams to the rest. I haven't seen much of Leeds but I seen the game last night and it was a complete massacre.

Bielsa & his interpreter wondering WTF happened last night

B1-FBC827-99-F4-4-FC7-B6-B2-4-A0-D9355-E782.jpg

They play football like I play Football Manager at my worst,

F*ck it, I will shock them and set up to attack from the start
Go 1-0 down.
Hmmm, f*ck it, I need to get back in this, keep setting up to attack
2-0 dowm, well there is no point sitting back now, f*ck it I will keep attacking
3-0 down
f*ck all to lose now, attack.
4-0
ah f*ck.
4-1, yas knew it would work.

Unlucky not to get a point vs Chelsea i thought having watched the 2nd half of that game. The teams around them are absolute dross so they maybe ok, but it's a pivotal period.

5 points from last 5 games. Next 3 fixtures are Arsenal, Liverpool and Villa.

I think they need to bite their lip and see it through to the end of the season with him now but it will be touch and go.

Still bizarrely has a lot of support among the Leeds support. If a Rangers manager refused to speak the language and was seeing his team getting skelped 7-0, he’d be gone pronto. Sad that Leeds are at a place now where it’s accepted.

They'll stay up I reckon, def 3 worse teams than them but Bielsa's style clearly not working and a manager that won't alter it is always going to have a shelf life

Bielsa has won nothing in his career.

And the transfer window was a disaster. Has fooked it up this season. Needs to go

So I believe. I think this is the longest he's ever stayed at a club. I'm guessing the board worship the ground he walks on for getting them promoted so let him do pretty much whatever he wants with his contract. Would be surprised if they sacked him unless they are cut adrift at the bottom.
My friend is a Leeds fan, so I'm avoiding him at the moment, however he tells me that the coaching team under Bielsa all work for him, not the club. That is why the negotiations last summer were late to conclude. His team are all paid by Bielsa, so one out, all out. I also believe it's not a rolling contract, just summer to summer.

Still bizarrely has a lot of support among the Leeds support. If a Rangers manager refused to speak the language and was seeing his team getting skelped 7-0, he’d be gone pronto. Sad that Leeds are at a place now where it’s accepted.
It’s ‘accepted’?

Leeds fans would have ripped their knobs off to get into this position a few years ago.

To be fair they were in a much worse place before Bielsa took over, I get what you're saying though, some of the support think he's totally beyond reproach for anything that happens

They are a shambles at the back so disorganised Arsenal could have scored 7 or 8 tonight. I know they are short of players but you have to be better at defending.

I don’t think they’ve fallen apart, they’re just missing key players and have been all season.

Getting their XI settled will see them strong again.

There are far worse sides and Coaches in the EPL than Leeds and Bucket Man, they’ll be fine.

Just watching MOTD now. Linekar and co just writing off their shambles as ‘ah, tough day for Leeds’ etc etc. I like Leeds but they get an easy ride down there from the critics.

They have a lot of injuries but they constantly get a pass due to the Bielsa love in. He seems a bit of an odd ball, very stubborn which borders on arrogant when it comes to his team’s style of play as he refuses to change a thing. Throw in the media’s “Oh what’s he like, don’t you just love him” and he sits on a bucket.
Swap the bucket for a manky black school jumper and you have the East End of Glasgow version of Bielsa.

They'll stay up I reckon, def 3 worse teams than them but Bielsa's style clearly not working and a manager that won't alter it is always going to have a shelf life
They need to spend in jan 100 percent

Bielsa small squad madness is coming back to haunt him

They have a few problems which are basically:

- Injuries - the injury list is horrendous owing probably to Bielsa's style of play.

- Lack of squad depth/reliance on key players - they've never had depth but they basically have 1 striker (Bamford), 1 top creative forward (Raphinha) & 1 excellent midfielder (Phillips). Lose 2 out of those 3 & you aren't winning many games

- Poor transfers. Spent a wad on the defence, mostly poorly. Firpo is a complete disaster who is far too slow to play in Bielsa's system resulting in him getting ripped every game.

I speak to loads of fans down here & Bielsa will barely get criticised. He has his flaws, everyone knows that. Would say its the poor transfers which have really done them this season

Simple case of a team playing tiki taka football when haven't got the players to do it. Too much fear for lesser quality teams to defend deep and go long ball these days a la Pulis' Stoke teams to have a chance to stay up. Everyone wants sexy football over success.

Had a difficult run of late, but I really hope Leeds stay up. Proper football club and I thought they would've been Stevie G's next move when Bielsa left or got sacked.

Very vague, but fond memories of the great Don Revie side of the mid 70's which had loads of top Anglo Scots playing for them.

- Injuries - the injury list is horrendous owing probably to Bielsa's style of play.

- Lack of squad depth/reliance on key players - they've never had depth but they basically have 1 striker (Bamford), 1 top creative forward (Raphinha) & 1 excellent midfielder (Phillips). Lose 2 out of those 3 & you aren't winning many games

- Poor transfers. Spent a wad on the defence, mostly poorly. Firpo is a complete disaster who is far too slow to play in Bielsa's system resulting in him getting ripped every game.

I speak to loads of fans down here & Bielsa will barely get criticised. He has his flaws, everyone knows that. Would say its the poor transfers which have really done them this season
For the money down there not having a replacement for our CF is criminal imo. Everton have had exactly the same problem with DCL being out injured.

Simple case of a team playing tiki taka football when haven't got the players to do it. Too much fear for lesser quality teams to defend deep and go long ball these days a la Pulis' Stoke teams to have a chance to stay up. Everyone wants sexy football over success.

They don't play tiki taka

For the money down there not having a replacement for our CF is criminal imo. Everton have had exactly the same problem with DCL being out injured.

Aye utterly baffling.

It's not even just for injuries but also for a different option or to cover inevitable periods of poor form.

I think Rodrigo was supposed to be cover but it's never worked out

Sky put up a stat during the match yesterday on games Kalvin Phillips played/didn't play in the EPL.

Games he played their win ratio was 48%
Games he didn't play their win ratio was 14%

I’ve always been a bit concerned that they will make a bid for Ryan Kent in January in a desperate bid to try and keep them in the EPL

Bielsa's tactics, or lack of them getting found out big time now. He’s lauded as being some sort of all conquering footballing genius. Could it be he’s just conman who’s bluffed his way to a decent job?
The City game was awful, 3-0 down going on 5 at half time and he sends his players out to be even more wide open!! If he’s as good as he’s made out surely he can change it to prevent an absolute mauling.

So not having this all hail Bielsa nonsense, bet some of his own players have realised the emperor has no clothes.

I’ve always been a bit concerned that they will make a bid for Ryan Kent in January in a desperate bid to try and keep them in the EPL

Kent is a fantastic player but I'd be amazed if he was the answer to their problems reading through this thread, 30mill would soften the blown if it l was to happen!!

Back