Leeds Utd blowing promotion?

Tomorrow is the one for Ipswich at Hull, Coventry full of injuries - won’t be hard Tuesday. Might work their way if Norwich and West Brom win earlier in day as well.

Given the amount of.points Leciester had been dropping a few weeks ago Leeds barely capitalised on that.

A lot of good players in that team but imo they are too pedestrian in their build up they start well but fade like tonight when the opposition keep at them.

They were getting sub 8,000 crowds under Steve Evans in some cup games a few years ago.

Only a big club in the heads of its followers, many of whom only jumped back on the bandwagon when Bielsa arrived

I think their crowds plummeted for a while before Bielsa came in. Even in league one I think they closed the top tier of their stand (sounds familiar)

Never realised the massive Irish that follow QPR- I was on the tube last week coming away from the Chelsea game listening to the twats chopsing off - gutted they didn't get relegated the cunts

I think their crowds plummeted for a while before Bielsa came in. Even in league on I think they closed the top tier of their stand (sounds familiar)

Yes from relegation in 2004 to Bielsa their crowd deserted them, only the odd big game was a sell out.

I was working down there for 10 years and amazing how many people suddenly became massive fans during the Bielsa spell

Good. Remember their fans, when Kent was linked with them, giving it he'll definitely come to Leeds as Leeds are a much bigger club than Rangers. Are they %^*&. Big club in Leeds maybe. That's about it

Their fans where? On twitter? There isn't a club in the world who's twitter fan base isn't a cesspit of fuckwits who should only be allowed Internet access in a controlled and supervised environment for a limited time per month.

They have a bigger fan base but let's be honest, they haven't won the top league for nearly a hundred years. In no way are they far bigger than Leeds United.

The bigger fan base is the critical argument there.

It’s unthinkable Newcastle crowds would ever plummet to what Leeds have in the last 10-15 years

Their fans where? On twitter? There isn't a club in the world who's twitter fan base isn't a cesspit of fuckwits who should only be allowed Internet access in a controlled and supervised environment for a limited time per month.

Fair point. Some of the absolute drivel, actually a lot of the drivel, you see from our fans on social media makes your eyes bleed.

No way a representation of a lot of the fan base.

Those Leeds fans spouting that shit were probably a load of virgins who don’t go to games

The bigger fan base is the critical argument there.

It’s unthinkable Newcastle crowds would ever plummet to what Leeds have in the last 10-15 years
I don't know mate. Our own attendance in the early 80's were pretty terrible. I don't think we can solely base it on attendance. But we can debate this another day on another thread :cool:

Fair point. Some of the absolute drivel, actually a lot of the drivel, you see from our fans on social media makes your eyes bleed.

No way a representation of a lot of the fan base.

Those Leeds fans spouting that shit were probably a load of virgins who don’t go to games

Couple of days after the Seville result was still sore as feck and was in work and had a customer on the phone who was a Leeds fan in his 60s.

We got talking about the game and it was actually therapeutic in a way to talk about the match/let off a bit of steam with someone who watched the match as a neutral. He was brand new.

As you say its always the dickhead fans who get the attention.

Another reason for wanting Ipswich to get promoted is that they regard John Wark as a legend. A Rangers fan that was approached by Celtic and went to Ipswich instead. Scored 223 goals in his career as a midfielder and had, I think, the best tache in football. ;-)

All 3 clubs, 4 if you include Southampton, in the promotion race have staggered toward the finish line. Been really surprised none of them have been able to put a winning run together. Doesn't augur well for the promoted sides next season. Again!

Care to elaborate ?

If you’re questioning what I’m saying about crowds - there was a league cup round 2 midweek game under Steve Evans.

5 or 6,000 there.

I remember it clearly because I never let them forget about it
Leeds have always had a decent support, you use one example ... hoorah I've followed them through the highs and the lows , always had the backing plus one of the best travelling supports in Britain.

Care to elaborate ?

If you’re questioning what I’m saying about crowds - there was a league cup round 2 midweek game under Steve Evans.

5 or 6,000 there.

I remember it clearly because I never let them forget about it

We had less than 12,000 fans at Ibrox against Clyde in the Petrol Tank Cup or whatever it was in 2014.

Applying your logic…

I base my hatred of Leeds solely on when we played them and beat them. They had a great team back then and along with the English press thought we were an easy draw.
I think living in amongst them at the time made it even sweeter.
Another issue was I only met a few that liked us. The majority that I knew preferred the filth. So I based my hatred for them on that as well. Only they believe they are bigger than what they actually are. Another English diddy club with too much money that have a support that suddenly appear when things are going well. Along with Man City I just can’t stick them.

Back