Leeds Want Foderingham...

If he was in the team and playing well we could be talking about millions of pounds. But it's obvious we want shot of him because we have a better keeper and he won't play. Nobody is paying serious money for a guy who isn't in the side and who we don't want.

We need to start being hard to deal with. No less than £3 million.

We actively want rid of him because we could use his wage on a first team starter. Demanding unrealistic fees like that will see him sat on the bench, draining money til his contract us up.

3 million – do people watch us? I mean Christ even 1.5 plus is far reaching.

There seems to be this slight mislead that because clubs in England have daft money they will simply spend said daft money on players regardless of talent.

Turn it around for a second, imagine WE spent that on him, I would instantly have doubts over a manager that would take a shit load of good work to turn it around.

The very next post

No disrespect to either poster, but it just shows how subjective these things are.

One person finds a figure acceptable, another expects double that amount.

And the truth is we will be lucky to get half of the lower figure.o_O

Its actually a very complex equation to calculate the value of a football player.

1, How much do you want to let him go.

2, How much are you willing to pay to get him.

3, Can we meet somewhere between those two figures.

4, Are these personal terms agreeable to you.

Once the above is done transfer of the registration can take place and the player can sign the contract with his new club.

No, actually, come to think ot it, it isn't that complicated.

I’m not touting Russell Martin as some great defender . Point it Wes just isnt good enough and for me didn’t even give confidence to the back 4 .
Made a great save in the Killie LC game & earnt us a point in the last min when we played them at Ibrox. Not sure he's done anything wrong this season.

Personally think he's always conducted himself brilliantly at Rangers

I’m not touting Russell Martin as some great defender . Point it Wes just isnt good enough and for me didn’t even give confidence to the back 4 .
I said similar even before McGregor was signed. Some of the saves he has made this season, although a decent keeper, Wes would not have been in the position to save them. I'd happily take 1.5m for him.

Only because when it comes to selling players we basically give them away

Yes, you are correct we do that. However, we’ve had folks on here criticising Foderingham for a lengthy period of time. Shots from distance being a regular topic. So he clearly has his faults in the eyes of many.

Consequently he’s been bombed out the team and replaced and is highly unlikely to win his place back. I’ve no idea what his wage is but I suspect it is an unnecessary drain on resources. That dreaded phrase ‘we won’t be difficult to deal with’ springs to mind.

Anyone thinking we’re going to get £5m for Foderingham - or even £2.5m - is off their rocker. We may have got the latter when he was a regular in the first team and at the top of his form (a long time ago) but it’s not happening now.

I never rated him that highly and IMHO if someone offers money, bite their hand off and make sure to get a sell on clause just in case.

The very next post

No disrespect to either poster, but it just shows how subjective these things are.

One person finds a figure acceptable, another expects double that amount.

You miss interpreted the meaning of my post. I don’t expect anything but we should robustly negotiate!

Wes is another one we intentionally deluded ourselves about as we had nothing else to cling to. Decent guy but not a great player.

3 million – do people watch us? I mean Christ even 1.5 plus is far reaching.

There seems to be this slight mislead that because clubs in England have daft money they will simply spend said daft money on players regardless of talent.

Turn it around for a second, imagine WE spent that on him, I would instantly have doubts over a manager that would take a shit load of good work to turn it around.

In relitive terms we did spend that much on him as 1.5M to them is the aquivilent to 300k to us.

I trust MA and the gaffer will try get the best deal posssible for Wes IF he goes,he’s been a good honest pro and just knuckled down and tried to be professional even when losing his place to greegs.

Good luck Wes if you go,and hope we get decent return on him.

WATP

I have not put a price on him, but look at Waghorn, we sold him io Ipswich, championship team, he was not playing for us, how much did he go to Derby for.
Wes is on record that he is trying to be No1 at Rangers, I’ve not seen anything from him he wants away. (Maybe he does but he’s not said publicly)
We are or should not be in the business of letting players go cheaply, we should be fighting for top dollar for every one of them, whether the fans like the player or not.
This is part of the answer.
Get him loaned out for 6 months.
Get him playing championship football.
Sell him. In the summer.

Free loan deal if he plays 20 games.
500k if he doesn't.

Then you are selling an experienced. Championship keeper.

Be honest bit disappointed about this as he was learning under McGregor and could've stepped in when McGregor retires with a lot more knowledge and understanding of the game under his belt.

We saw in flashes he was improving in the Killie cup game with 1 absolute top level save.

Fair doos he let in some absolute stinkers from outside the box (over and over) but if anyone could help him improve it would've been McGregor. He is a modern day keeper who is good with the ball at his feet.

Anyway, going to Leeds we should be pushing for 1m minimum - they have plenty in the bank, they are pushing for promotion, they are desperate to buy and we are by no means desperate to sell.

Its actually a very complex equation to calculate the value of a football player.

Once the above is done transfer of the registration can take place and the player can sign the contract with his new club.

Thanks very much on enlightening us of the mysteries of a transfer.

That's us well informed. Bring it on.

You're forgetting one key player, the agent.

Honestly think we under rate Wes massively as a support, mainly because he likes to pass out from the back and is confident with his feet. He's never cost us a goal doing this as far as I can remember but yet our support got on his back constantly for doing it. Although to be fair Warburton obviously took it too far in this regard so that might be part of the reason why.

We won't get what Wes is worth because of the situation he is in, but we should be looking at £1m as a minimum with a chunky sell-on IMO.

Honestly think we under rate Wes massively as a support, mainly because he likes to pass out from the back and is confident with his feet. Hes never cost us a goal doing this as far as I' can remember but yet our support got on his back constantly for doing it. Although to be fair Warburton obviously took it too far in this regard so that might be part of the reason why.

We won't get what Wes is worth because of the situation he is in, but we should be looking at £1m as a minimum with a chunky sell-on IMO.
Ayr in the Cup. The rest of your post I agree with.

Honestly think we under rate Wes massively as a support, mainly because he likes to pass out from the back and is confident with his feet. He's never cost us a goal doing this as far as I can remember but yet our support got on his back constantly for doing it. Although to be fair Warburton obviously took it too far in this regard so that might be part of the reason why.

H

He can't save long range shots and is regularly beaten low to the left. I don't think he is under rated. He is not a good keeper at our level

Back