Leon King post-match now that’s a Ranger

ChildOfGoth

Whatever the game throws at you here is a man who stood up and dine as best he could then post match he takes the presser and concedes he takes responsibility for the opening goal . That’s a Ranger .

Many others simply do not have that mindset and for that reason alone will never be good Ranger .

Whatever the game throws at you here is a man who stood up and dine as best he could then post match he takes the presser and concedes he takes responsibility for the opening goal . That’s a Ranger .

Many others simply do not have that mindset and for that reason alone will never be good Ranger .

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.
Hold hands up for being culpable for a goal and that makes you a Ranger? I'd rather he stopped the goal in the 1st place.
He will be away in the summer

Ye that is my point we have had a series of players pretending to be Rangers they have been senior guys too and yet never accept they have been the cause of a goal .
That to me is a quality of being one of our clubs players.

Btw you then hear PC post match and he makes the point that Ridvan was involved in that goal being conceded . So LK is not hiding here he is taking personal responsibility yet he could have danced round it and blamed Ridvan .

Fair play to him for taking it on the chin but thought he was poor overall tonight and don’t see a future at him with us.

He’ll never be a regular centre half for us that’s for sure.
At this time I agree with your view but I’m angling at another point really . And it is the makeup and mentality of a Rangers player .

Needs to go out on loan and played in the CDM role.

Would like him to get a loan somewhere in the league to be honest before getting rid of him because I do think there might be potential but not at CH. He needs to go somewhere that will utilise him in midfield IMO.

I feel he was badly over exposed by gvb mismanagement and never recovered

Injuries meant he had to play if I remember right, there was no opportunity to take him out the team and shield him a bit.

He was generally speaking fine in most domestic games he played during that run, although he did get a few lessons in Europe

I'd like to see him in a CDM role. He's not suited to centre back.
He strolls international U21 level in that role. It’s 100% his best position.

Leon is far from the finished article, but he bleeds blue and sometimes when I look at how our team have capitulated over and over again, I will take a bit of that in our squad.
The same goes for Cole and Ross. These guys would give up a limb to wear our jersey.

When I look back at players like a young John Brown or Craig Moore, there were plenty saying they weren’t good enough in their early days.
Thank god nobody listened, because these guys ended up being players we relied on for our strength.

Even folk like Bob Malcom ffs. He was never going to be a hero, but you knew against that lot he would give up absolutely fûck all.

He strolls international U21 level in that role. It’s 100% his best position.

Leon is far from the finished article, but he bleeds blue and sometimes when I look at how our team have capitulated over and over again, I will take a bit of that in our squad.
The same goes for Cole and Ross. These guys would give up a limb to wear our jersey.

When I look back at players like a young John Brown or Craig Moore, there were plenty saying they weren’t good enough in their early days.
Thank god nobody listened, because these guys ended up being players we relied on for our strength.

Even folk like Bob Malcom ffs. He was never going to be a hero, but you knew against that lot he would give up absolutely fûck all.
Agree

I thought he did well for us tonight. He is playing his first game in about a year, alongside another CB starting his first game in about a year. Those goals were lack of experienced playing time with each other. I’ll accept that over our first choice players throwing away goals every day of the week. King should be 5th choice next season at the start. If he wants to stay there and fight to be number 1 then I admire him greatly. If he decides he wants to move to a team at his level then I respect him too. Nothing I’ve seen makes me call ill of him,

If viable, I’d try and loan him to Killie under McInnes for a season.

Maybe see if we could do that as part of a deal for Watson.

Still think he’s a DM.

Fair play to him for taking it on the chin but thought he was poor overall tonight and don’t see a future at him with us.

He’ll never be a regular centre half for us that’s for sure.
I am just wondering if it is the same poor that would never make Lewis Ferguson a Rangers player.

I'd like to see him in a CDM role. He's not suited to centre back.

Most people also say that is the role that Sterling should be deployed in.

King isn’t good enough. Another one of the talented youngsters we’ve heard about for years coming through that fails to take the final step.

I am just wondering if it is the same poor that would never make Lewis Ferguson a Rangers player.

Lewis Ferguson went to Italy & has become a far better player for doing so.

If he’d came to Rangers, there’s zero guarantee that his game improves the way it has done in Italy.

I’m of the opinion that it wouldn’t have. Not many players join Rangers & get better.

Lewis Ferguson went to Italy & has become a far better player for doing so.

If he’d came to Rangers, there’s zero guarantee that his game improves the way it has done in Italy.

I’m of the opinion that it wouldn’t have. Not many players join Rangers & get better.
Maybe the clue is then to buy all the young Scottish talent and loan them out to Italian or other foreign teams.

• Haha
Reactions: WBD
Lol. We can’t even loan out our so called brightest talents to other Scottish clubs, doubt many foreign clubs will want them.
Our B team don't have a league, maybe we can take over a lower League Italian team. All our top coaches are now foreign, so we really should be starting to see players develope better

Was slightly at fault for the second goal too. Probably shares the blame with Raskin who didn't track his runner.

If making mistakes then admitting it makes you a Ranger then fair enough but he isn't a very good CB. By all accounts he seems to be a lot better as a DM but we haven't really seen him there in the first team.

People saying not good enough,players need to develop there will always be mistakes from players I wank dugs/Goldson make several every game, remember same ones saying not good enough are probably the same ones that said Lewis Mayo wasn’t good enough but are now saying we should go back for him.

He really struggled physically against Bakayoko.

As others have said, his future may lie as a DM.

For the sake of his own career, he needs to either go out on loan, or leave permanently.
Young players need to be playing to develop.

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.
Hold hands up for being culpable for a goal and that makes you a Ranger? I'd rather he stopped the goal in the 1st place.
He will be away in the summer
I think he’ll go a years loan to let him play some regular football and a decision will be made next summer.

I think he could play in the Lundstram position , it’s not a high bar , he’s young enough to improve

Ye that is my point we have had a series of players pretending to be Rangers they have been senior guys too and yet never accept they have been the cause of a goal .
That to me is a quality of being one of our clubs players.

Btw you then hear PC post match and he makes the point that Ridvan was involved in that goal being conceded . So LK is not hiding here he is taking personal responsibility yet he could have danced round it and blamed Ridvan .

Ridvan turns round and watches the goal scorer run in behind him and doesn’t go with him, too right he’s part of it.

No harm to the kid but he generally costs us a goal every game he features.

Clearly needs to play men’s football regularly. A loan should be on the cards for next season.

He’ll never be a regular centre half for us that’s for sure
I agree, I remember there was so much hype about him a a 16 year old and how it was great we managed to keep a hold of him. He'd have a good career somewhere else so think it's time he moves on.

He does come across well.

He looked bigger and stronger from when I last seen him.

Not convinced about him though in what I think is the most difficult position for a young man to break through in.

As for the goal - yes he has a share of the blame, but I was looking at McCausland and Ridvan initially.

Not developed or not been allowed to develop. A lesson that we need to get these players playing first team football. 20 years old and not played 30 matches, of course he will have a mistake in him every game.

And he will need to be moved on now.

Might have a good attitude but that won't ever make the boy good enough to have a successful career as a Rangers player.

People have a mad attitude towards what the players say.

Nothing Tavernier could say would make him a Ranger, despite fronting up so many times.

Young lad, at fault for at least one goal, speaks and it’s ‘that’s a true Ranger’…

He isn't good enough either though. Most of our players have admitted to being at fault for goals. I'm not quite sure how that makes him have any outstanding mindset tbh mate.

We need better footballers who rarely have to take responsibility for mistakes because they make them much less.
12 starts in the league and mind made up he's not good enough. :rolleyes:

Can our academy players actually get a proper chance before being written off.

Back