Leverkusen - unbelievable late goals!

Would love to see them go unbeaten all season, but I reckon Atalanta will do them in the final.

It’s a fitting test to end a massive season. I think any neutral will want them to stay unbeaten till then. Should a great event if not match as well. Such a huge achievement and part of history for Atalanta to make it as well.

Make them sound like Red Bull or Hoffenheim.
They are one of the few clubs who don't adhere to the 50+1 rule.

Their example might not be as extreme as RB because Bayer as a club were founded before the rule, and as a company have held shares in the club for a very long time (I guess since it's inception) rather than buying over a few clubs and starting new. They were actually started as a workers club of the Bayer company and have one of the oldest ultra groups in Germany, still active since the 80's I believe.

Leverkusen and Wolfsburg (Volkswagen) have an exception written into the 50+1 rule to allow them to continue on in their current set up.

Their backers can pretty much write-off any debts they have. Regardless of how successful their player trading model is I believe they were able to write-off ~£15m debts after covid and carry on as normal which others see as an unfair advantage.

Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are two special cases in the Bundesliga, based on the fact that investors who have had an interest in a club for more than 20 years can be granted an exemption from the 50+1 rule.

Make them sound like Red Bull or Hoffenheim.
Is the criticism they get not a little bit harsh? I don't know the ins and outs but is the guy who invested not a local guy who used to play for them in his youth?

Surely people would prefer seeing things like that than corporations, sheikhs and Hollywood celebrities buying random clubs?

Is the criticism they get not a little bit harsh? I don't know the ins and outs but is the guy who invested not a local guy who used to play for them in his youth?

Surely people would prefer seeing things like that than corporations, sheikhs and Hollywood celebrities buying random clubs?

You can’t know about the idea he had about merging 3 clubs.

They are one of the few clubs who don't adhere to the 50+1 rule.

Their example might not be as extreme as RB because Bayer as a club were founded before the rule, and as a company have held shares in the club for a very long time (I guess since it's inception) rather than buying over a few clubs and starting new. They were actually started as a workers club of the Bayer company and have one of the oldest ultra groups in Germany, still active since the 80's I believe.

Leverkusen and Wolfsburg (Volkswagen) have an exception written into the 50+1 rule to allow them to continue on in their current set up.

Their backers can pretty much write-off any debts they have. Regardless of how successful their player trading model is I believe they were able to write-off ~£15m debts after covid and carry on as normal which others see as an unfair advantage.

I know all that mate, still a Club with plenty of history. You will not find an Ultras/Fanscene bar yards from their Stadium at the others mentioned, Leverkusen have one.

Back