Lewis Ferguson cruciate surgery

They are away to Roma on Sunday I watched their match against Monza on Saturday they don’t score goals I think they might fall short for CL that is a gutter for Ferguson though

Or he could fully recover
I'm just speaking from experience, took me 18 months for me to be at full strength again and able to play football, even then I thought my knee wasn't quite the same.

At best a pro is 6 to 9 months minimum. That's a long time for his all his skills, muscles, game and match fitness etc to be dormant.

I get he will have the best of the best. I had my op done at Ross Hall, my physio and strength work was all great but it still took so long to be playing again and strong enough.

Serious blow for the boy, his career trajectory has always been smoothly being going in the right direction and a big money move had been talked about for a while. Let’s hope for a speedy recovery for him.

Shame for the boy. He has been outstanding captaining Bologna this season. Hopefully they hold on to 4th spot. Sure he is gutted about the Euros as well. Not that Clarke would have played him much.
I think Clarke would have started him in all the games
He looked very “bright” in his recent appearances for Scotland

Hope this doesn’t turn into the same old “we should have signed him” type of thread

That’s an absolute gutting injury for him, hope he recovers as quickly as possible

Sad news.
I don't think he would have got much game time in Germany, but hopefully he is back to full fitness soon.

Never a good time for an injury like that but seems particularly bad for Ferguson.

Having a great season with a very good chance of captaining Bologna for champions league football. Euros in the summer and also tipped for a big move in the summer.

I'm just speaking from experience, took me 18 months for me to be at full strength again and able to play football, even then I thought my knee wasn't quite the same.

At best a pro is 6 to 9 months minimum. That's a long time for his all his skills, muscles, game and match fitness etc to be dormant.

I get he will have the best of the best. I had my op done at Ross Hall, my physio and strength work was all great but it still took so long to be playing again and strong enough.
I’m confident he’ll make a full recovery. The treatment for this type of injury has come on leaps and bounds over the last decade or so. He’ll get intense physio with the best physios and sport scientists.

I’ve had it done three times, I’m sure he’ll come out of it much better than me :D

Must be heart breaking for the lad, doing so well at Bologna captaining them, apparent interest from Juventus, can be a cruel game at times. Hope he makes a fully recovery.

Back