Liam Kelly interview

McKenzie had every right to try and take the pass from his teammate.
Vale was watching the pass the whole way and also had every right to go for the ball.
Vale's boot was slightly high as he stretched and McKenzie was slightly late arriving which isn't Vale's fault.

A little unfortunate for the defender to get a red card without the intent to kick the attacker but that's the way the game is nowadays. If he'd actually just stayed on his feet rather than stretching he'd have won challenge and taken the ball fairly IMO.

I like Kettlewell but he has got the red mist here because he lost the game and totally made an arse of it by saying it was going to get them up the park and the ref was like a sprinter.

In reality the ball went straight back to a sheep player after the clearance and the ref walked calmly over.

I wonder if he'd been given a replay of it before being asked to comment.

Starts at 1:39

Kettlewell lost the plot the other day.

"Jack Mackenzie comes steaming into him" - no he doesn't.

"Jack Vale makes lovely contact with the ball" - if you're talking about Mackenzie's groin, then yes.
FFS that's the first I've seen that, they've appealed the red as well. He should be made to apologise for disrespecting the ref for that. How many of them got booked for moaning at the red?
" brandishing cards left right and centre"

The common trope made by pundits and so called professionals in our game who cant be bothered to read the rule book or chose to turn a blind eye to it. Intent is not a rule in football.

Kettlewell is trying to rewrite the event there. And the ol’ “anyone who loves football would agree with me” add on. wow!

He has fabricated the entire situation in his mind. It's bizarre. This part in particular made me laugh:

Napier, as much as he is feasibly the worst ref in the league, handed out one yellow and one red, so the "dishing out cards left, right and centre" line doesn't stand up, either.

McKenzie had every right to try and take the pass from his teammate.
Vale was watching the pass the whole way and also had every right to go for the ball.
Vale's boot was slightly high as he stretched and McKenzie was slightly late arriving which isn't Vale's fault.

A little unfortunate for the defender to get a red card without the intent to kick the attacker but that's the way the game is nowadays. If he'd actually just stayed on his feet rather than stretching he'd have won challenge and taken the ball fairly IMO.

I like Kettlewell but he has got the red mist here because he lost the game and totally made an arse of it by saying it was going to get them up the park and the ref was like a sprinter.

In reality the ball went straight back to a sheep player after the clearance and the ref walked calmly over.

I wonder if he'd been given a replay of it before being asked to comment.

Starts at 1:39

The way Vale lands after lunging it was a red he had no control of what he was doing

As you say if be doesn't make the challenge he has a better chance of getting the ball

Was wild tackle

Tackle is a red all day long.

To give the player the benifit of the doubt he cannot see the player coming in and contact is probably unintentional.

He is trying to pull the ball down from coming over his head.

At point of contact with the player he is looking to the sky but that is no defence for the red, defence for the intention but still a straight red.

Reckless and out of control

Kettlewell is the future spfl jobber manager and an absolute prick, he'll have managed and fckd up half the clubs in the league in the next decade.

Back