Liam Kelly

If you go below that chart there is a player goalkeeping part that if you click it opens the chart for each individual keeper in the league. Kelly is 2nd bottom for everything there too.
Going by that table 4 other clubs had better goalkeeping than Rangers and Butland played I think every game .

Howzat ?

He has been getting pelters from Motherwell fans wanting him dropped for the past 2 seasons. Probably why he is happy to come and sit on the bench out of the limelight.
The only player in the league who finds Rangers fans more tolerant than Motherwell fans

Neither are good enough for Rangers whether it's a number 1 number 1, number 2 number 1 or number 3 number 1.

My Point is Kelly is an upgrade on McCrorie so for me it’s an improvement in the squad.

McCrorie with games might well go on to be a better keeper but he’s wasted enough of his time sitting on the bench and he must have some sort of ambition.

My Point is Kelly is an upgrade on McCrorie so for me it’s an improvement in the squad.

McCrorie with games might well go on to be a better keeper but he’s wasted enough of his time sitting on the bench and he must have some sort of ambition.
I don't think he is an upgrade. Certainly more experienced.

I named multiple reserve keepers who have recently ended up having a big part to play across multiple seasons at Rangers.

But because you've named two reserve keepers who didn't play this season, that guarantees that any reserve keeper we sign will "never play"?

Feel free to "rest your case" there. How could I ever hope to debate against an intellectual giant like yourself.
Mate, the guy is being brought in as a number 3. By definition they never (unless there’s a serious crisis) play

I’m not sure how that can ever be disputed tbh

I don't think he is an upgrade. Certainly more experienced.
He was ok at QoS but any games I seen him play for Livingston I was less than impressed.

He had a very good game against the scum for us but hasn’t looked assured any time I’ve seen him after that.

He couldn’t displace a done McGregor or A very poor McLaughlin so for me Kelly is an upgrade.

Mate, the guy is being brought in as a number 3. By definition they never (unless there’s a serious crisis) play

I’m not sure how that can ever be disputed tbh
You're not sure how it can be disputed that Kelly is being brought in as number 3?

Yep, the guy who left Rangers to get first team football will now be happy coming back knowing he'll be behind two goalkeepers and he'll never play a minute the whole time he's here.

You're right, that is definitely an indisputable fact. You're so smart and your logic is so sound that I'm just going to stop engaging with you here.

He’s an average SPL-level keeper. If he’s coming in to be second choice with McCrorie moving on then it’s a sensible enough move.

No he isn't. Kelly is a poor keeper. He is not SPL class never mind Rangers class.

He’s an average SPL-level keeper. If he’s coming in to be second choice with McCrorie moving on then it’s a sensible enough move.
are you mad? you're saying if our no.1 keeper gets injured then you're happy with Kelly in goal? FFS I've heard it all now

Average suggests he's better than half the keepers in the SPL. He's not. Name me a worse keeper in the SPL.

are you mad? you're saying if our no.1 keeper gets injured then you're happy with Kelly in goal? FFS I've heard it all now
Good point mate.
My thinking was a low-cost, homegrown keeper with plenty of experience of Scottish football is a pretty sensible choice to be a backup keeper but clearly that’s a mad idea.
How about we go for Thiabut Courtois or Manuel Neuer instead?

No one thinks he's coming in as no 1 but if he's no 2 and the no 1 keeper gets an injury outside the transfer window then he becomes no 1 and that's a frightening thought
When did we last have a good number 2? Our number 2 playing has been a frightening thought for some time.

Good point mate.
My thinking was a shite low-cost, homegrown keeper with plenty of experience of Scottish football is a pretty sensible choice to be a backup keeper but clearly that’s a mad idea.
How about we go for Thiabut Courtois or Manuel Neuer instead?
corrected that for you

I'd rather we kept McCrorie or promoted a youth keeper. Kelly is a bombscare. You must not watch football.

He’s absolutely not he’s played a handful of first team games for us and was poor at Livingston several years ago since then he had sat on our bench mainly.

So you explain to me how he’s better than Kelly?
Kelly has been poor almost every game I've seen him. So he's been poor on numerous occasions.

The difference is we don't really know how good or bad McCrorie is but we definitely know how bad Kelly is.

When did we last have a good number 2? Our number 2 playing has been a frightening thought for some time.
Wes under Gerrard. He wasn't perfect but he's more than decent enough and has been a number one (admittedly for a woeful Sheffield United) in the EPL, something the vast majority of keepers will never manage.

Id rather we had an average homegrown Goalkeeper as back up than an average outfield player who was homegrown.

We are obviously spending money on other areas that need major improvement and people are complaining.

He’s absolutely not he’s played a handful of first team games for us and was poor at Livingston several years ago since then he had sat on our bench mainly.

So you explain to me how he’s better than Kelly?
including our last 2 league wins against the scum - both without conceding a goal - did you forget those?

Kelly has been poor almost every game I've seen him. So he's been poor on numerous occasions.

The difference is we don't really know how good or bad McCrorie is but we definitely know how bad Kelly is.
So basically you don’t know?

Did you watch much of McCrorie on loan several years ago?

Kelly has a mistake in him but he’s also had some really good games and saves.

I wouldn’t choose either as a number but with the Home Grown quota he’s a no brainier.

including our last 2 league wins against the scum - both without conceding a goal - did you forget those?
No I watched him he was decent at Ibrox but I’ve been less than impressed with him in other games.

Proof is in the pudding is he was that good he would have had a shot at being number 1 he’s not so that tells its own story.

To replace McCrorie or McLaughlin who also never play.
McCrorie and McLaughlin have both played important games in European qualifiers and vs Celtic. McLaughlin has also played in the Champions League, in the Europa League and has totally nearly 50 appearances for Rangers.

If that's your version of "never playing" then surely you can understand why folk are worried about us signing Kelly to "never play".

McCrorie and McLaughlin have both played important games in European qualifiers and vs Celtic. McLaughlin has also played in the Champions League, in the Europa League and has totally nearly 50 appearances for Rangers.

If that's your version of "never playing" then surely you can understand why folk are worried about us signing Kelly to "never play".
Honestly, not really. McCrorie and McLaughlin are both bomb scares. I'd put all 3 of them on the same ability level.

Back