Lille v Villa & Thursday's other football

I can't help get nervous at penalty shoot outs even when I don't give a %^*& who wins. Heart was pounding during the villa ones and it's the same here haha

This time next year the EL knockouts will likely have a very different line up due to CL sides no longer able to drop down into it.

Could be the last time we see Leverkusen in this competition for a long time.

This time next year the EL knockouts will likely have a very different line up due to CL sides no longer able to drop down into it.

Could be the last time we see Leverkusen in this competition for a long time.

I think they’ve competed in the CL Groups around 12 times this century to be fair to them.

I think they’ve competed in the CL Groups around 17 times this century to be fair to them.
Yes but until now there was the safety net of the EL if you finished third in your group.

They'll only play in the EL from now on if they don't finish in the top 4 in the Bundesliga.

Interesting that all English teams have bailed out of Europe, aside from Vila, who play the Greeks next.

Yes but until now there was the safety net of the EL if you finished third in your group.

They'll only play in the EL from now on if they don't finish in the top 4 in the Bundesliga.

Aye I was thinking you meant they had came from nowhere. Must be the Club to have competed in the CL groups the most times without ever being Champions of their own nation up until last Sunday.

Still just getting caught up with the late games. Why would West Ham tweet this?

Edit: Fan account, but still weird

The audacity of fat, specky West ham fans trying to take the piss out of fans for jumping about and creating a bit of atmosphere at a game. Quite ironic given they clap along to a f*cking bubble machine at the beginning of matches.

I know I've said this a lot of the years on hear but I've followed Villa since the 90's and I honestly wouldn't swap Martinez for any other keeper, he's absolutely unreal!

To think the guy was languishing in the Arsenal reserves for years and then within 3/4yrs has became number 1 at Villa, became Argentina number 1, won the world cup, won the Yashin award. In a European semi-final with Villa and hopefully not far off securing Champions League for next season.

It was always weird for me that the best Villa years I've probably enjoyed were under Martin O'Neill when we got back to back 6th place finishes. We've had some good moments over the years but this current run is another level.

Especially with a squad hampered by injuries, 3 ACL's to 3 starters (Kamara. Mings & Buendia), Ramsey not properly recovered since his injury at U21 Euro's last summer. We've lost Pau Torres for a few months and others for weeks here and there but Emery has never once used it as an excuse.

Been amongst the better English supporters to visit Ibrox, great mixing and not a second of trouble
I'm sure mate. Just never liked them to be honest and I never will. I lived in Tottenham for a while some years back when you could pay at the gate at WHL and my dislike for them comes from those days.

I know I've said this a lot of the years on hear but I've followed Villa since the 90's and I honestly wouldn't swap Martinez for any other keeper, he's absolutely unreal!

To think the guy was languishing in the Arsenal reserves for years and then within 3/4yrs has became number 1 at Villa, became Argentina number 1, won the world cup, won the Yashin award. In a European semi-final with Villa and hopefully not far off securing Champions League for next season.

It was always weird for me that the best Villa years I've probably enjoyed were under Martin O'Neill when we got back to back 6th place finishes. We've had some good moments over the years but this current run is another level.

Especially with a squad hampered by injuries, 3 ACL's to 3 starters (Kamara. Mings & Buendia), Ramsey not properly recovered since his injury at U21 Euro's last summer. We've lost Pau Torres for a few months and others for weeks here and there but Emery has never once used it as an excuse.
Have they won anything since they beat Leeds in the league cup final mid 90s with the team with Yorke and Townsend?

Banned for the three yellows just the same as he would have if he got booked the next game rather than the shootout is it not?
Not sure how that would have went if they are scrapped or not but I don’t understand why you punish him the following game and not the actual relevant game.

Maybe UEFA reckon the actual match ends at 120 minutes? But his third booking is still part of the tie so it still counts for his total in the tie.

Martinez is in my EPL dream team :))

Back