Looks like we will have to beat them at their midden to win the league.

Are we just taking for granted that this team will win the other games then? Killlie (H), scum, Dundee (H), Hearts (A)?

I just can’t see it, mistakes have been made off the park that unfortunately have led us to this point where key players are playing within themselves, got distracted and have lost the desire to collectively win as a unit.

There is a sluggishness and at this point don’t seem to have the look of champions. It’d take one monumental collapse by that lot and whilst they are no great shakes they seem to be able to get over the line without any great dramas. All we can hope for is that if we do find it from somewhere to win at the stade de gadd then killie (a) or hearts (h) is where they collapse. Can’t see the Paisley celts on the last day do much to change the course of the title.

This is on us. On and off the park. So annoying due to the riches up for grabs. It may define things for years to come. The Motherwell, County and Dundee games in the run in have done for us.

Just my opinion however, we have reverted to the turgid, directionless football we had to endure under Beale. I don’t know the reason, possibly the shite pre season Beale oversaw, but whatever the reason, watching Rangers has become utterly joyless again and I can’t see us finishing within six points of them.

I hope, against hope, I am wrong.

What do you mean?
They'll need to not come out of the traps quickly, and hem us in with a series of corners. Basically grab the game by the scruff of the neck. And we can't start silly,, like rabbits in the headlights, waiting on the inevitable. Unlikely imo that both those things happen.

Momentous change of belief and attitude needs to happen both from the players and fans , but it IS still in our hands .NS. WATP

They were closer to dropping points than us yesterday. They were very, very fortunate and that luck will run out

We are the better team, we just need to keep the consistency now. The Old Firm game takes care of itself, play with the 2nd half intensity that we did at Ibrox and we'll smash them.

This is basically just 4 pages of complaining about the situation we find ourselves in after being out of it by some distance before Clement came in?

It's not the stage of the season to be positive about the next quite yet but he's made changes already that prove he's got the mentality to be ruthless.

That's massive at this club or any for that matter. He'll be successful, no doubt.

They were closer to dropping points than us yesterday. They were very, very fortunate and that luck will run out

We are the better team, we just need to keep the consistency now. The Old Firm game takes care of itself, play with the 2nd half intensity that we did at Ibrox and we'll smash them.
We need to play as though we're behind by 2 goals from the get go. Go full pelt at them and don't wait til we're behind to ramp up the intensity.

A swang song for some.

they have the quality where it matters, in front of goal.

and with our defence, I just can't seen us not having issues.

to win there its a Walter special. Clement will set us up to go and attack.
Forest has rescued them twice…..I think they are as likely to shit the bed as we did, let’s wait and see….

We need to play as though we're behind by 2 goals from the get go. Go full pelt at them and don't wait til we're behind to ramp up the intensity.

A swang song for some.
I just don't see the point in being so downtrodden. On the trajectory we were on under Beale, Celtic would have wrapped up the league title weeks ago. We weren't meant to be in a title race - this is a free hit

Here we are, 3 points behind with an OF left to play. We may still be underdogs but imagine every underdog went into a Cup Final with no excitement just because they were unfancied? It would be bizarre, and it doesn't happen. So why is it happening among our fanbase?

We'll have all summer to moan and complain about the squad. Just don't see the point doing it now

See if we've no chance, see if it's pointless even turning up at the piggery at all, why the fcuk even bother posting on here? Honestly will never understand this constant defeatist bullshit.

It's a shite c****c we'll be playing ffs, a team who've proven all season to be as equally inept as us. If you support Rangers try doing just that. Stick with them till it's a done deal one way or the other. That's what following Rangers used to mean. Otherwise just fcuk off and take all you're negative vibes with you.

Forest has rescued them twice…..I think they are as likely to shit the bed as we did, let’s wait and see….

we are more likely though, most of our players don't do "must win" games.

they will give us a little sliver of hope then let us down when it counts the absolute most.

This campaign really has been devoid of any sort of quality.

Like two drunk boxers on a last payday.
This is the perfect description of the whole season. Both of us are horrendous to watch in all honesty.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather win the league than not, but we need an absolutely astonishing summer window to enhance this squad significantly to make us exciting to watch next term.

I just don't see the point in being so downtrodden. On the trajectory we were on under Beale, Celtic would have wrapped up the league title weeks ago. We weren't meant to be in a title race - this is a free hit

Here we are, 3 points behind with an OF left to play. We may still be underdogs but imagine every underdog went into a Cup Final with no excitement just because they were unfancied? It would be bizarre, and it doesn't happen. So why is it happening among our fanbase?

We'll have all summer to moan and complain about the squad. Just don't see the point doing it now
Totally agree. Especially with the last bit. The season ain't over and even though the league looks unlikely, we still have a few games left and are only 3 behind. Second is nothing Scotland but a league and cup double whilst also closing a gap that was more significant when Clement came in, is a positive way to end the season...

And we can still win this league this season.

It’s going to take a momentous effort from all.It’s definitely possible but I just don’t see it.Too many players freeze when they go there.

Winning against them is unlikely to be enough unless we start scoring some goals in our remaining games. The gubbing they handed out to Dundee could be the game that wins them the league

See if we've no chance, see if it's pointless even turning up at the piggery at all, why the fcuk even bother posting on here? Honestly will never understand this constant defeatist bullshit.

It's a shite c****c we'll be playing ffs, a team who've proven all season to be as equally inept as us. If you support Rangers try doing just that. Stick with them till it's a done deal one way or the other. That's what following Rangers used to mean. Otherwise just fcuk off and take all you're negative vibes with you.
I do agree with your point, but I feel it’s our own team we are fearful of not doing the damage as opposed to being fearful of the scum at the piggery.

We haven’t won a meaningful game in the league for 2 and a half years.

I don’t blame people for feeling that way.

Can't argue with this tbf.

It's not impossible but it'll take a minor miracle to win the league from the position we have put ourselves in now

They are far from a cert to take maximum points. Drew with Aberdeen last week and would have lost had it not been for a disgraceful refereeing performance. Most matches seem to be a struggle for them.
That's what we are up against. All "mistakes" seem to be in their favour.

The negativity in this place is puzzling.

We're potentially 5 wins from a treble and yet you'd think we're 20 points behind Celtic and hadn't won the first trophy of the season.

We all know the squad is garbage and yet here we are 5 games from glory due to Clement squeezing all he can out of a bunch of permanently injured/out of form or soon to be leaving players.

I can't believe the lack of urgency to go and score goals when we take the lead in games. It's almost like we are content to win by one goal every game. It's not just a case of winning every game now its a case of clawing back the goal difference as well. As it stands we would need to beat them by 3 goals to go top.

We absolutely owe them a battering , however I just have my doubts that many in this squad have the heart to do it. I hope they prove me wrong.

100% mate everybody is entitled to post and have an opinion , though some of the posts from the usual "supporters " are what you would expect from a bheggar site. It could all change for the better next week even before we go to the paedodome. WATP.

I live in the mindset that we're due to start beating them in the games that matter so hopefully that starts at the Piggery and continues onto Hampden and into next season.

We are both playing shite but managing to scrape through.

With their biggest game outwith us being Killie away and us still to go to Hearts I reckon the league will be won or lost in the game against them on the 11th

I’m sure we are capable of winning there and of beating Hearts the following week but we really need to find some form.
What makes you so sure, other than blind hope?

With their biggest game outwith us being Killie away and us still to go to Hearts I reckon the league will be won or lost in the game against them on the 11th

I’m sure we are capable of winning there and of beating Hearts the following week but we really need to find some form.
If we were around 2 or 3 goals behind them in GD going into the OF then I’d be quietly confident but given we laboured to a tight victory yesterday I don’t see us being able to make up the GD. I’d expect both of us to have narrow wins in the next game, leaving only 3 games to out score them by 5.

That being said, that way we played yesterday, killie will be a huge test before we worry about them.

We took some form into the last OF and then served up the worst 45 mins in years.

It looks ominous.

There’s still plenty of games to be played.

Killie and Hearts are probably more likely to beat them than we are. I still think a point at Parkhead could be enough but we would need results to go in our favour and a massive push in the last 4 games.
It’s a must-win at the piggery mate. Ourselves or Killie could well do you a favour and get a draw which would be enough to swing it.

Harsh as it sounds, if you can’t beat them in a single game this season you probably don’t deserve to win the league.

I say that with a very bitter taste in the mouth. The games against County and Dundee were an absolute disaster.

Are we just taking for granted that this team will win the other games then? Killlie (H), scum, Dundee (H), Hearts (A)?

I just can’t see it, mistakes have been made off the park that unfortunately have led us to this point where key players are playing within themselves, got distracted and have lost the desire to collectively win as a unit.

There is a sluggishness and at this point don’t seem to have the look of champions. It’d take one monumental collapse by that lot and whilst they are no great shakes they seem to be able to get over the line without any great dramas. All we can hope for is that if we do find it from somewhere to win at the stade de gadd then killie (a) or hearts (h) is where they collapse. Can’t see the Paisley celts on the last day do much to change the course of the title.

This is on us. On and off the park. So annoying due to the riches up for grabs. It may define things for years to come. The Motherwell, County and Dundee games in the run in have done for us.
The only thing that could be going our way on the last day is that St boo could be playing for a European place and Hearts will be playing for fcuk all.

A lot of football to be played before then though.

I'm shocked that people still think we are a chance. In the extremely unlikely event that we beat them there's a good chance we still won't win the title.
Well it’s not over until it’s mathematicaly impossible, as football fans I’m sure we’ve all seen results that make us love the game.
Their dominance needs to end at some point so why not the 11th May.

Believe

They won at a venue we dropped points at under 2 weeks ago.

You've been brute forcing this "better team" stuff all season and it's beyond delusional at this point.

It’s a must-win at the piggery mate. Ourselves or Killie could well do you a favour and get a draw which would be enough to swing it.

Harsh as it sounds, if you can’t beat them in a single game this season you probably don’t deserve to win the league.

I say that with a very bitter taste in the mouth. The games against County and Dundee were an absolute disaster.
It has to be treated as such but it’s result depending. We’re due a result against them but I just can’t trust these players to go to Parkhead and do it. Need to start the same way they started at Ibrox.

You’ll get at least a point next week, believe!!

This squad have done nothing so far that fills me with any hope of a result there.. I desperately hope we win because "they" need to be put back in their place..

You can bookmark this.

We’ll beat them at Parkhead. It’s not even about whether we are capable of beating them there. They’re capable of losing to us there. They’re shite.
Absolutely nothing points to us beating that mob in their own hovel. Our record there is appalling.

Whilst I agree that they are a poor side they have players that step up to the mark when really needed. We have serial losers.

I do agree with your point, but I feel it’s our own team we are fearful of not doing the damage as opposed to being fearful of the scum at the piggery.

We haven’t won a meaningful game in the league for 2 and a half years.

I don’t blame people for feeling that way.
No neither do I, but I don't feel the need to drag everyone else down with me either with constant predictions of doom and gloom like some mick Nostradamus.

Every last one of is well aware of the recent record v them so why feel the compulsion to come on here and predict more of the same. I honestly don't understand it. In what way does that "support" the team.

Honestly (however hard it might be) why not stay as upbeat as we can until it's done, because a lot of what I'm reading on here really is t i m like behaviour.

You’ve just realised?

That’s been the case since we failed to beat them at Ibrox. Now we could win there and every other game and still not win the league.

Could try try getting behind the team, captain_shitebag?

Its not over till it’s over

Defeatist shite, was the league over in 2005

Staunch as %^*& Spirit of 93. Wish I could live my life just like you.

In reality I’m used to this team letting me down when it matters time & time again and I see nothing that gives me hope that’s going to change in the next five matches.

If it does, fantastic.

I actually think that if Aberdeen had made the top six that we would have came out top at the 18th of May as what do the Sheep, Hearts and Kilmarnock have in common all presently managed by Scottish Rangers minded and ex players.
Leven at Pittodrie has basically drawn with them in the last 2 games League & SCSF, Naismith, won twice at Palace Stein and Tynecastle, and McInnes beat them twice at Rugby Park League & League Cup as well as a draw at Palace Stein.
Any other Manager at Aberdeen has NO shame in being drubbed away 6 - 0 but lose at home or away to us it is full blown depression.

Back