Looks like we will have to beat them at their midden to win the league.

Yep. Fucked it that day.

Regardless of the "comeback" that everyone was waxing lyrical about, I was completely deflated. We needed 3 points that day. Anything less signalled failure.

We saw enough in that first half to tell you that these players didn't have the winning mentality.
It’s still possible to win the title but we had the chance to have it absolutely in our own hands that day.

That the Dessers goal was chopped off for a foul at the other end of the pitch, and from where there was a lot of time played, didn’t help but it was yet another game where Rangers needed to turn up like emotionless bastards and get a result but we instead froze, and somehow lost a sloppy goal within a minute of play.

It would be wonderful to win this title but we need a significant slice of luck now.

Goal difference is unlikely to end up positive in our favour, so we're going to need to be flawless and have Hearts/Killie take something off them, which isn't impossible.

Our main focus has to be on getting a good win against Killie on Sunday regardless of what they do, and put ourselves in a position where we can at worst draw level with a win at Parkhead. If that situation transpires (a big if), and we follow it up with a good victory at home to Dundee, they have to go to Killie the following night knowing any slip and the advantage swings back to us.

I think it's nigh on impossible they don't win the final game at home to St. Mirren, nor that they don't rack up the goals should it be needed. On the other hand we have a far tougher final game.

Based on what, seriously?

What have you seen from us and them, along with our record there in the last seven or eight years that makes us capable of winning there?

I hope you're right but I just don't see it. I can't remember the last time we played well in a league fixture against anybody.
Would argue that they had a goal advantage handed to them on a plate in the last match and a handball penalty. We could certainly do with some of that fortune! - but also need belief and some fire.

Goal difference is unlikely to end up positive in our favour, so we're going to need to be flawless and have Hearts/Killie take something off them, which isn't impossible.

Our main focus has to be on getting a good win against Killie on Sunday regardless of what they do, and put ourselves in a position where we can at worst draw level with a win at Parkhead. If that situation transpires (a big if), and we follow it up with a good victory at home to Dundee, they have to go to Killie the following night knowing any slip and the advantage swings back to us.

I think it's nigh on impossible they don't win the final game at home to St. Mirren, nor that they don't rack up the goals should it be needed. On the other hand we have a far tougher final game.
Goal difference will probably stop us even if we somehow win at Parkhead. That’s why I’m not understanding people who even at this stage are saying things like ‘the points are all that matters’ etc. We will see how that goes if we lose the league on goal difference.

Right before we won the first of 3 in a row under Walter Smith (second time), i remember a well known poster on here was saying Walter take his steady ship and shove it where the sun don’t shine, it was all over.

We are in the with a fighting chance.

Goal difference will probably stop us even if we somehow win at Parkhead. That’s why I’m not understanding people who even at this stage are saying things like ‘the points are all that matters’ etc. We will see how that goes if we lose the league on goal difference.
I've always maintained goal difference was huge.But at this stage of the season I don't think we can do it on goals now.
It's either we win at their place and they draw/lose with Hearts/Killie or the highly unlikely they draw with us,Hearts and Killie.
Only two scenarios I can see.

Unable to beat Ross County and Dundee and yet people think we will beat them in 2 weeks.

Big ask for this team in this form to go on an unbeaten run....but strange things can happen in a title run in.

We are both playing shite but managing to scrape through.

With their biggest game outwith us being Killie away and us still to go to Hearts I reckon the league will be won or lost in the game against them on the 11th

I’m sure we are capable of winning there and of beating Hearts the following week but we really need to find some form.
And hope we win all the rest and some team takes something from them

If we were around 2 or 3 goals behind them in GD going into the OF then I’d be quietly confident but given we laboured to a tight victory yesterday I don’t see us being able to make up the GD. I’d expect both of us to have narrow wins in the next game, leaving only 3 games to out score them by 5.

That being said, that way we played yesterday, killie will be a huge test before we worry about them.

We took some form into the last OF and then served up the worst 45 mins in years.

It looks ominous.
Even if we're 5 goals behind going into the OF, if we got the victory we need then the very most the GD would be would be 3. That isn't impossible, especially as we'd have stopped their momentum, they'd also be more likely to drop points.

You better believe that in their dressing room there is a doubt. Their supporters are not looking forward to Hearts or Kilmarnock games. We can only keep trying to win our games and keep the pressure on them. Strange things can happen in a title race which our history shows. It’s not over until Brenda puts on his lipstick and dress.

I don't even feel like watching it tbh. We all know what's coming and the anger when we go 2-0 down I'm genuinely scundered with

I think its still wide open but we simply have to beat Killie at Ibrox then beat the mhanks at the piggery.
If we can do that they have to go to Killie the next game and they have a fantastic home record 10 wins 5 draws and only 3 defeats.
I still think it could come down to goal difference although hopefully not.

Tell all the smelly Tims on this thread - Hearts will get a draw, as will we - then Killie will scud them.

88 pts wins the league.

Yep. Fucked it that day.

Regardless of the "comeback" that everyone was waxing lyrical about, I was completely deflated. We needed 3 points that day. Anything less signalled failure.

We saw enough in that first half to tell you that these players didn't have the winning mentality.

I think a lot of it was relief more than anything else. At half time, every Bluenose in the stadium was feeling the same as you. That comeback meant a draw would've been good enough at that hole, assuming we did the business in the other games. Obviously the shitshows at Dens and RC have now made all of that a moot point.

Absolutely criminal the cheap points we've thrown away this season though. Aberdeen x2 Motherwell, RC, Dundee. 13 points dropped in 5 games against that. I appreciate we don't have a god given right to win any game but, that makes for grim reading.

I think a lot of it was relief more than anything else. At half time, every Bluenose in the stadium was feeling the same as you. That comeback meant a draw would've been good enough at that hole, assuming we did the business in the other games. Obviously the shitshows at Dens and RC have now made all of that a moot point.

Absolutely criminal the cheap points we've thrown away this season though. Aberdeen x2 Motherwell, RC, Dundee. 13 points dropped in 5 games against that. I appreciate we don't have a god given right to win any game but, that makes for grim reading.
It's absolutely sickening the pathetic points we've thrown away.

Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach seeing us virtually handing another title to them on a plate.

Hopefully we go there with the chance to go top as winning there with swing the momentum back in our favour.

Hope I’m proved wrong but the team is done. Tavernier and Co haven’t got the bottle for the fight. All about disappointments and learning lessons

Exactly.

The winner will the one who is the slightly least shittiest.

Two really poor teams who are generally awful to watch.

I still say we blew it by not taking 3 points at Ibrox against them. Ross County was the final nail in the coffin for me.

And my opinion is that this lot are not capable of doing anything at the Piggery other than shit the bed and collapse.
My thoughts exactly.
it was in our hands, we shat it against them 1st half at Ibrox, then just crumbled against county and Dundee.

I have zero hope of us beating them at the crime scene.

Hope I’m proved wrong but the team is done. Tavernier and Co haven’t got the bottle for the fight. All about disappointments and learning lessons
It's far from done m8 and if we can beat them twice we have a very good opportunity of winning the treble. I'm quite sure everyone would've taken that from the mess we were in when Beale left.

My thoughts exactly.
it was in our hands, we shat it against them 1st half at Ibrox, then just crumbled against county and Dundee.

I have zero hope of us beating them at the crime scscene.
That game will become their end of season title party.

We won't show up and theyll get one last laugh at Tav and Goldson as they trudge off the pitch

The far more likely outcome is that we both scrape by at the weekend and then they all but wrap up the league by beating us.

And spare me the “that’s the spirit” / “fûck being in the trenches with you” patter.

It’s just realism.

Our record there is shite. Has been for years and years.

Our players get off that bus, get called naughty names by their fans and brick themselves just walking into the stadium. They can’t handle the atmosphere or playing at their ground.

This team have one last shafting of the fans to come you fear.

Summer can’t come quickly enough

That was as true on day one of the season as it is now.

We've fluffed our lines laughably in all the games against them this season.

I’m blindly optimistic. They’re equally as bad at the back as we are. Their midfield isn’t better than ours. If Cyriel can have an “on” day, we’ve a chance.

Bookies now have the scum at 2/9 odds on for titles.
That's an indication of how hard a task we now have.
We were favourite just a few weeks ago.
Results change odds.

They draw we win they will look less insurmountable.

Back