Lorenzo Amoruso - Battle cry on Instagram

He used to come into an Italian restaurant, I worked in. One evening, he was in with his girlfriend, at the time (Scots model, Eileen Catterson). Just as he was settling the bill, she nipped to the toilet - looking like a million dollars. A guy from the next table, winked at Amoruso, and joked that he was 'a lucky bastard'.

Amoruso smiled back. and said to him, My friend, I am a very successful footballer, the Captain of Rangers Football Club. I'm a millionaire, a model,and I drive a Ferrari. No, my friend - SHE is the lucky bastard'.

:)):)):))

“If you know the enemy and yourself, your victory is certain. If you know yourself but not the enemy, your chances of winning and losing are the same. If you don't know the enemy and neither do you, you will succumb in every battle.”
Big man must have done an absolute power of shaggin back in the day.
Beautiful to see the two different sides of FF come together.

He used to come into an Italian restaurant, I worked in. One evening, he was in with his girlfriend, at the time (Scots model, Eileen Catterson). Just as he was settling the bill, she nipped to the toilet - looking like a million dollars. A guy from the next table, winked at Amoruso, and joked that he was 'a lucky bastard'.

Amoruso smiled back. and said to him, My friend, I am a very successful footballer, the Captain of Rangers Football Club. I'm a millionaire, a model,and I drive a Ferrari. No, my friend - SHE is the lucky bastard'.

F4BGvXfW4AATG51.jpg:large

He used to come into an Italian restaurant, worked in. One evening, he was in with his girlfriend, at the time (Scots model, Eileen Catterson). Just as he was settling the bill, she nipped to the toilet - looking like a million dollars. A guy from the next table, winked at Amoruso, and joked that he was 'a lucky bastard'.

:)):)):))m

Marti Pellow's long time partner?
I'm calling shite on this

Did he not also mention that he has a massive cock, allegedly ?

He probably still does.

His Fiorentina story is amazing and kind of overlooked.

Picked up by Ranieri to replace a World Cup winner in Marcio Santos. At 23, he then forms the backbone of a team with Toldo, Rui Costa and Batistuta that finishes 3rd and wins the Coppa Italia. Still seen as a legendary Fiorentina team to this day.

Imagine going after a player of that pedigree these days? Would probably cost more than our entire squad put together.

His Fiorentina story is amazing and kind of overlooked.

Picked up by Ranieri to replace a World Cup winner in Marcio Santos. At 23, he then forms the backbone of a team with Toldo, Rui Costa and Batistuta that finishes 3rd and wins the Coppa Italia. Still seen as a legendary Fiorentina team to this day.

Imagine going after a player of that pedigree these days? Would probably cost more than our entire squad put together.

He'd be getting quoted in the same price bracket as Bastoni or Scalvini are now.

You can see why Man United were linked. He was a tremendous footballer.

He'd be getting quoted in the same price bracket as Bastoni or Scalvini are now.

You can see why Man United were linked. He was a tremendous footballer.
Man United tried to sign him, they were offering the same or better terms but he had given Walter his word he’d join us.

Its a shame that he made that commitment, but the club totally fecked him around with his injury and ultimately prolonged the issue, making it worse

The guy man marked R9 out a European semi final, Jesus. Although, there is a lot of revisionism about Amo on here at times.

Shame that Big Amo succumbed to 'alcoholism' drinking Baileys when he lost the captaincy! He would have been interesting to listen to at AA meetings.

Man United tried to sign him, they were offering the same or better terms but he had given Walter his word he’d join us.

Its a shame that he made that commitment, but the club totally fecked him around with his injury and ultimately prolonged the issue, making it worse

The guy man marked R9 out a European semi final, Jesus. Although, there is a lot of revisionism about Amo on here at times.
Dunno why the need to stick the knife into the big guy
He says he was drinking a couple a bottles a bailys a day but that seems to be worse then gazzas drinking problems downing vodka

For what it's worth big amo had a few howlers but what I'd do to have the big guy in our defence right now
To think a guy says Goldson was better than him only a few weeks ago

Shame that Big Amo succumbed to 'alcoholism' drinking Baileys when he lost the captaincy! He would have been interesting to listen to at AA meetings.
Your making a joke about it like scum papers did
Would drinking turps be better then you could listen to that as well?

“If you know the enemy and yourself, your victory is certain. If you know yourself but not the enemy, your chances of winning and losing are the same. If you don't know the enemy and neither do you, you will succumb in every battle.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Ex-Rangers' captain quoting a Chinese military strategist in Italian. Just a normal day on Follow Follow.

This would be a cracking story, if it was true.

And everyone put their cutlery down and started clapping.
Yep, made even being an aff-on-the-sick Glesgy Jake classy .

Love the big man, met him once at Coopers is Wishaw.
Glesga. I hate the way people from North Lanarkshire say Glesgy.

Great retort :p

Dunno why the need to stick the knife into the big guy
He says he was drinking a couple a bottles a bailys a day but that seems to be worse then gazzas drinking problems downing vodka

For what it's worth big amo had a few howlers but what I'd do to have the big guy in our defence right now
To think a guy says Goldson was better than him only a few weeks ago
I would hazard a guess that however said Goldson was better than Amo had just swallowed couple or three bottles of baileys

Your making a joke about it like scum papers did
Would drinking turps be better then you could listen to that as well?
I don't now and didn't read scum newspapers at the time so I wasn't influenced by them.

I recall that there was a comic reaction to Amo hitting the Baileys. There were many Rangers supporters having a laugh and a joke about it at the time and that I heard the jokes there and on FF.

Even on this thread there are a couple of posters being comical about it. I also note on this thread there are a few comic posts about Amo's 'shagging' with names of women who may or may not be involved with him.
How do you feel about those comments?

I don't now and didn't read scum newspapers at the time so I wasn't influenced by them.

I recall that there was a comic reaction to Amo hitting the Baileys. There were many Rangers supporters having a laugh and a joke about it at the time and that I heard the jokes there and on FF.

Even on this thread there are a couple of posters being comical about it. I also note on this thread there are a few comic posts about Amo's 'shagging' with names of women who may or may not be involved with him.
How do you feel about those comments?
So "alcoholism" is the same as being a shagger

So "alcoholism" is the same as being a shagger
No alcoholism is not the same as 'shagging' and that is not what I was asserting. What I was stating is that there has been a comical reaction on FF to both Amo's 'Baileys Alcoholism' and his alleged shagging.

My favourite all time player, George Best was an alcoholic and a 'shagger'. Alcoholism is a serious disease and it killed Bestie. However, there is/are
many lighthearted, comical quips and jokes made about the demon drink/alcoholism and some about Bestie too over the years. I don't mind such jokes. That said, I can understand others being upset about them.

Latest posts

Back