Louis Moult

Once we get defence sorted out, next up for me is a striker. While I know Moult is not a big sexy name that a lot would like to see, I think he would be a solid addition to our squad. He knows the game up here really well, is a good finisher, works hard and won't get bullied.
What are people's thoughts on him as what would likely be a fairly low cost option?
F**k it
Let’s go the whole hog and sign Jamie Walker as well

If we are going for cheap then Lafferty is far better.

If we are shopping for a 2nd striker then they need to be considerably better than Moult.

My cousin is his agent and he told me the deal to join Rangers was done before the Portuguese fraudster got the bullet .He then joined Preston instead .

He hasn't cut the mustard at PNE. Mate in work is season ticket holder and doesn't speak very highly of him. Alex Neill even played midfielder upfront and had Moult on bench towards end of season. Like the lad Main at Motherwell. Powerful player and Solanke would be a handful for defences. But Louis Moult is not for me.

I'm also a PNE ST holder. Fair to say he's not been given much of a chance but when he has played he's not done much. North End fans don't seem all that keen on him.

Will be interesting to see how he goes next season with a full pre season behind him. FWIW can't see North End wanting to sell this early or Rangers to buy unless it's a for a knock down fee so non starter for me.

He hasn't cut the mustard at PNE. Mate in work is season ticket holder and doesn't speak very highly of him. Alex Neill even played midfielder upfront and had Moult on bench towards end of season. Like the lad Main at Motherwell. Powerful player and Solanke would be a handful for defences. But Louis Moult is not for me.
Shows how difficult the championship is, Cummings didn’t cut it or McKay.

A lot of rumours suggest he was carrying injuries and the Preston management team have big hopes for him next season. I can't see them wanting to sell him.

Once we get defence sorted out, next up for me is a striker. While I know Moult is not a big sexy name that a lot would like to see, I think he would be a solid addition to our squad. He knows the game up here really well, is a good finisher, works hard and won't get bullied.
What are people's thoughts on him as what would likely be a fairly low cost option?
Seek help.

He would be good as a reserve striker, like other have said we need better quality for the starting eleven. I think if we get Cummings then he will fill the reserve striker role well

Just looked it up and they have both scored 1 goal each in the English Championship?

I was comparing the SPFL and Scottish Championship, sorry should have made that clearer.

Moult has done it in the top league compared to Cummings who has struggled with us. I'd take Cummings over Moult anyway, I think he'll suit our play style more than Moult would.

A player who played very decent up here for Motherwell went to Preston and has failed. We need to raise the bar a bit here if we are to get closer to the filth. Just because a player plays well against us doesn't mean we go and sign them.

Add Moult to a lengthy list titled 'Bullet Dodged'. Jamie Walker is another that I am glad we didn't sign.
Griffiths failed at Wigan and then became the best striker in the SPL. Failing at a club does not mean your shite and should be put on the heap.

Is he better than Cummings?

I know nothing about the guy apart from he had a good season at Motherwell one time.

Cummings unfortunately is not suited to modern football, he is an old school number 9 and needs a partner. No way is Gerrard playing Cummings. Moult is a weird one, was banging in the goals and then goes down there and can’t buy a goal. Waggy goes down there after been useless for us and can’t stop scoring.

If Moult is the level of signing you want. Thank god you are not the manager.

What can I say, Messi doesn't want to leave Barca and Salah would be a risk with his current injury concerns! ;)
I think we can all aspire to sign better, the reality is we play in the SPL and we're not loaded with cash. Signing a proven goal scorer who has scored against all the top flight teams in this league to add strength to our squad isn't the worst idea in the world. This is the same player who rag dolled our defence (granted not too hard this season) and scored a double to knock us out of the semi.

That’s be fair with moult you are getting a proven spl goal scorer. While he might need t be the answer for wanting to push on in Europe you can’t argue with his record in our league. I would take him if price was right.

Would be fine with him as a squad player. I hope we are looking at better but 50 plus goals in 2 and a bit seasons in the SPFL with Motherwell is excellent. Also caused us huge problems in most games against them.

Would probably prefer Big Laff as a cheap option. We know he's got the big game mentality required to play for us.

Would be fine with him as a squad player. I hope we are looking at better but 50 plus goals in 2 and a bit seasons in the SPFL with Motherwell is excellent. Also caused us huge problems in most games against them.

Would probably prefer Big Laff as a cheap option. We know he's got the big game mentality required to play for us.

We need to forget about squad signings, labelling any potential signing as that means we are accepting sub standard

Solanke only scored 1 in 27 for Liverpool, don't rate him.

Torres was way too old

I know, we'll sign a guy who can't get a game for fcucking Preston

giphy.gif

I would like to think the majority of our signings are players that Steven Gerrard has had an eye on, if we sign Moult he is 100% someone else's recommendation. So that coupled with the fact he's not of the required quality to take us to a title means a no from me.

Why does this no-mark continually get a mention on this forum? He never is, or ever will be anywhere close to the standard required - even for a squad player!

Back