Lundstram negative league goals contribution in the League

Looking forward - we need more dynamic players who contribute from midfield. Remarkable that Lundstram, a decent player in my opinion, is in negative goals in the league. He’s Scored 1 OG and not scored a league goal all season. By comparison, Luke McCowan at Dundee has 9. Negative goals for a Rangers central midfielder is not going to cut it.

Never really get these comparisons one playing as a 6 expected to dictate the temp the other playing as an 8 or a 10. Lundstram won us 7/9 points last season or so with his goal contribution. Anyone playing in that position I would expect 9 goals but that might just be me.

His form has been pish and it seems pretty certain he's leaving

But he's very clearly our most defensive midfielder, using goal contribution stats to use against him seems a bit odd

Never really get these comparisons one playing as a 6 expected to dictate the temp the other playing as an 8 or a 10. Lundstram won us 7/9 points last season or so with his goal contribution. Anyone playing in that position I would expect 9 goals but that might just be me.
I get the difference in position, but he is still not contributing nearly enough in the final third in my opinion. There was a comment earlier in the thread about him roughly on the same goals over the last 40 odd games as McGregor - Celtic fans are choking to get shot of him. Ferguson scored 20 goals from midfield as a 6. In Scottish football we should expect our 6 to have 6-10 goals per season.

I get the difference in position, but he is still not contributing nearly enough in the final third in my opinion. There was a comment earlier in the thread about him roughly on the same goals over the last 40 odd games as McGregor - Celtic fans are choking to get shot of him. Ferguson scored 20 goals from midfield as a 6. In Scottish football we should expect our 6 to have 6-10 goals per season.

In the role Lundstram plays you wouldn't be expecting him to provide big numbers. Cantwell/Lawrence should be providing the numbers you expect given the play in the 8 or 10.

I get the difference in position, but he is still not contributing nearly enough in the final third in my opinion. There was a comment earlier in the thread about him roughly on the same goals over the last 40 odd games as McGregor - Celtic fans are choking to get shot of him. Ferguson scored 20 goals from midfield as a 6. In Scottish football we should

celtic fans choking to get rid of McGregor ?

No doubt they are choking to get rid of every player after every defeat, just like dafties on here, they just have a different level of daffy.

McGregor is just about to win his 9th league medal, has 7 league cup and 5 Scottish cup medals. Since moving back one to take over the Scott brown role his has scored 11 league goals over 4 seasons,

If you want to make comparisons look at Barry Ferguson when he played as a 6 (but not the season before he left as Konterman played that role) More recently Hemdani played the role Lundstram does, he scored 1 league goal in 70 matches.

I'm more concerned about his inability to play an accurate forward pass, or protect the full backs when they're higher up the park.

Not so long ago when we had Jack and Kamara in the midfield they didn't score or create a lot, but they put in a power of work so that other players could - and covered the full backs regularly.

I'm more concerned about his inability to play an accurate forward pass, or protect the full backs when they're higher up the park.

Not so long ago when we had Jack and Kamara in the midfield they didn't score or create a lot, but they put in a power of work so that other players could - and covered the full backs regularly.

Crazy that Only Tav has more assists in our team than Lundstram.

celtic fans choking to get rid of McGregor ?

No doubt they are choking to get rid of every player after every defeat, just like dafties on here, they just have a different level of daffy.

McGregor is just about to win his 9th league medal, has 7 league cup and 5 Scottish cup medals. Since moving back one to take over the Scott brown role his has scored 11 league goals over 4 seasons,

If you want to make comparisons look at Barry Ferguson when he played as a 6 (but not the season before he left as Konterman played that role) More recently Hemdani played the role Lundstram does, he scored 1 league goal in 70 matches.
Yes, but they know he’s at the beginning of the decline. The key, as it is for us, is learning when to cut the ties.

Our deepest midfielder needs to be a Steven Davis type midfielder. Someone who is comfortable enough on the ball, can play in the half turn.
Unfortuabtely that is the hardest thing in world football to find.. The haves of European football have this type of player (Rice, Rodri ect) the have nots don’t (Man Utd, Barcelona)

How is he a decent player he plays 20 yards from his own goal and passes it 5 yards sideways he’s not very good
It’s great for his personal % of passes going to a teammate but in reality he slows the game down and passes backwards as much as going forward, but when we need to up the pace he usually is the player who plays the stray pass.

There is footage on Twitter of the build up to their second, and Willie Collum actually overtakes Lundstram tracking back.

It’ll go down as the worst individual OF performance since…. Russell Martin? Senderos? Jon McLaughlin?

I generally back players and dislike over the top criticisms but I’ll make an exception here - Lundstram disgraced himself and should never be welcome back in any capacity.

How is he a decent player he plays 20 yards from his own goal and passes it 5 yards sideways he’s not very good
When he picks the ball up from between or behind our defenders I'm surprised he doesn't hit it back to the Union Bears as thats all thats left behind him. And those 5 yard passes he does, there is no guarantee it will find it's man either.

So slow and heavy, turns like the Titanic and his forward passing is absolutely brutal.

He's a hindrance to how we should be playing. The whole walking football thing is chronic to watch.

Yesterday was inexcusable and completely unacceptable on all levels.

The fact we only until recently looked to be interested in giving him a contract extension at all, is quite horrifying to be perfectly honest.

I genuinely hope I never see him in our shirt again. What a disgrace he was, and this is the third manager in a row he’s done this under. So yeah, brass neck to think he can ever demand £40k per week from us.

Lundstram's a really good player when he's on it. He seems to have huge dips in form though and we're going through another one now.

Compare and contrast his performance in EL semi when he's bursting into the box to get onto the end of something. When was the last time he done that?

For nothing. That’s Morelos, Kent, Jack, Borna and Lundstram that helped the club reach the Europa league final leaving on a free and Goldson very nearly joined them in that also.
Agree the contract management has been hopeless.

But equally, we’ve never had any bids for Barisic, Lundstram, Goldson or Jack.

They aren’t good enough/reliable enough for other teams to want to spend money on them.

Frightening then that we thought 2 of that 4 were worth £40k per week when they had little or no transfer value.

It’s not just him. The fact none of our midfielders really score is a terrible indictment of our style of play

Another fraud of a football player, glad he’s away at the end of the season. Two patches of form in 3 seasons is a disgrace.

Ferguson scored 20 goals from midfield as a 6.
The most goals Barry scored in a season was 18 which included 2 in the Scottish Cup. About half of those were penalties as well I'm sure. He would generally weigh in with 6 or 7 a season though. Lundstram has 11 goals in total over 3 seasons.

I'm sure opposition players are not bothered in the slightest about lundstram having the ball in space outside the box , his shooting is abysmal and never in danger of scoring.

We should never have, im gonna say it, 'Key' players seeing out there last year of contract

I wonder if its the position Tav needs to move to for the SC final so we have a more solid RB in sterling as Tav has no chance containing Maeda and doing anything going forward.

Keep reading about him being slow but he's actually really quick when he puts his mind to it.

Our team look jaded and unfit. Lundstram has let loads of opponents run off him this season. To me it comes down to fitness.

His cameo on Saturday is up there with the worst performances I've ever seen in this fixture. To score and OG and then get a straight red as we gift wrap the title to our rivals is naive beyond belief. Especially from one of the 'leadership' group.

Well when you put it like that, it's utterly barmy that he's considered a key player and starts every game.

What are we actually aspiring to there?

Keep reading about him being slow but he's actually really quick when he puts his mind to it.

Our team look jaded and unfit. Lundstram has let loads of opponents run off him this season. To me it comes down to fitness.

His cameo on Saturday is up there with the worst performances I've ever seen in this fixture. To score and OG and then get a straight red as we gift wrap the title to our rivals is naive beyond belief. Especially from one of the 'leadership' group.

its effort
or lack of

trotting about not tracking or putting in the shift
scores the OG then thinks he needs to "do something" so launches into that

fraud

The most goals Barry scored in a season was 18 which included 2 in the Scottish Cup. About half of those were penalties as well I'm sure. He would generally weigh in with 6 or 7 a season though. Lundstram has 11 goals in total over 3 seasons.
Barry scored a goal every 7 or so games. In his second spell, he did hit penalties which skews the figures slightly, however it’s more of a general point - our midfield don’t contribute nearly in the final third.

Lundstram couldn’t score in a brothel, he has 11 goals in 145 games for us, and a career 25 in 437 games.

In what sense is it made up?
The fact that it isn't a statistic that anyone else on earth has ever used.
The fact that it excludes the goals Lundstram has scored because they don't fit the "stat".

For there to be negative goals, there would also need to be positive goals.
Of course, we simply call those "goals".

What the "stat" suggests is that if you score an own goal, then you lose one of the goals you've scored for your own team.

Surely that doesn't make sense to you?

The fact that it isn't a statistic that anyone else on earth has ever used.
The fact that it excludes the goals Lundstram has scored because they don't fit the "stat".

For there to be negative goals, there would also need to be positive goals.
Of course, we simply call those "goals".

What the "stat" suggests is that if you score an own goal, then you lose one of the goals you've scored for your own team.

Surely that doesn't make sense to you?
Don't think you're understanding the stat mate.

He is a midfielder who hasn't scored a goal all season but has scored an own goal therefore in negative.

Don't think you're understanding the stat mate.

He is a midfielder who hasn't scored a goal all season but has scored an own goal therefore in negative.
He's scored two.

Are we taking own goals off of every players total or just Lundstram?

McGregor, O'Reilly and Hatate are levels way above what we have. I think that whey Clement reverted to playing long balls. He never fancied the battle and tried to bypass the midfield. This seriously needs addressed in the summer

Disgraceful stat, any midfielder not scoring in a league campaign, is simply not good enough to be wearing the Rangers Jersey.

Refresh my memory please with his two league goals?
My point exactly.

If you move the goalposts to exclude the goals he's actually scored, then your point falls down straight away.

Unless you think he gets to pick the games he scores in?

My point exactly.

If you move the goalposts to exclude the goals he's actually scored, then your point falls down straight away.

Unless you think he gets to pick the games he scores in?
You're saying it's you're point exactly but in struggling to follow your point.

How many points was his goal v Hibs in the Scottish Cup worth?

The header of the thread is factual and one of the reasons we are where we are in the league. If you think Lundstram deserves defending fair play to you.

Fact remains he hasn't scored a single league goal.

A mainstay in our team and he’s levels below hatate, mcgregor and o’Riley.

He’s become every bit a Sheff Utd player these past few months.

Rarely shows up in old firm games.

Needs to go.

You're saying it's you're point exactly but in struggling to follow your point.

How many points was his goal v Hibs in the Scottish Cup worth?

The header of the thread is factual and one of the reasons we are where we are in the league. If you think Lundstram deserves defending fair play to you.

Fact remains he hasn't scored a single league goal.
You're right that you're struggling.
You've had to lie about me defending Lundstram.

Read your last line, that'll tell you what you need to know.

He hasn't scored a single league goal, therefore his league goal tally is ZERO.
It's not Minus One because negative goals isn't a thing.

Back