Lundstram red card.

And you know this how?
Hardly takes a genius to work it out. Plays him every minute of every game no matter what and has consistently said so in interviews.

“Philippe Clement believes 'there's a lot of love from both sides' as he expressed his confidence that John Lundstram will extend his contract at Rangers.”

He wanted off the park to hide in the dressing room.

I’m not sure he did, I just think his head had completely gone.

We had not long scored (from recollection), he’s clearly tried to keep the momentum but he’s done it the wrong way, was out of control and made the “tackle” when the Celtic player had his back to our goal 25yrds from their own goal.

It was a ridiculous tackle and it killed us.

A Shadow of the player he was 2 seasons ago.
He's always been rubbish!

Don't understand what anyone has ever seen in him.

Here he is 2 season ago selling the jerseys against them:

He also gave away the foul in the lead up with a guy going nowhere with his back to goal.

An atrocious footballer. Even during his 2 purple patches.

As far as the "every manager always plays him" argument the last 2 were sacked and are currently unemployed.

I have served a few bans on here thanks to that absolute imposter.

Call him out time and time again, lazy and arrogant yet some idiots made a song up for him.

Never seen a guy lose runners so often. Scores no goals, can't assist and concedes free kicks and goals.

Senior player my fucking arse, should have been hunted long ago but for many "first name on the team sheet"

A wage thief who cares not a jot about yesterday or rangers

I never want to see him play for us again.

Sold the jerseys, gift wrapped the tims another title and by doing so has financially condemned us. We are miles behind them now, on and off the park.

Are we miles behind them on the park?

They will be champions so we are behind, no question but by miles? I’m not so sure.

We have shat the bed but - if we take the points v Ross County, Dundee and Motherwell, we are still top this morning.

Not good enough regardless and the board need to back the manager

Are we miles behind them on the park?

They will be champions so we are behind, no question but by miles? I’m not so sure.

We have shat the bed but - if we take the points v Ross County, Dundee and Motherwell, we are still top this morning.

Not good enough regardless and the board need to back the manager
correct at this point in time, issue is money and next season onwards.

they have greater resources available to them to improve, winning this league would have narrowed that resource gap assuming they failed to qualify for UCL.

sure, they may get all their transfers wrong and we may get everything right but odds are that won’t be the case considering the overhaul we need and our transfer record.

He was dreadful even before the red card.

The instance where he won a decent tackle and Dessers peeled off his man... he could have put him through on goal with a fairly straightforward through ball, but instead bottled even trying it. Someone like Hatate or O'Reily put Kyogo's through.

People wanting to give a 30k p/w contract to a 30-year-old who doesn't even back himself to make an easy slide pass. Madness.

He's leaving isn't he?

Nothing more than a slow, lazy bastard. Thankfully the end is near and we won't have to see him wandering around midfield taking 16 touches before playing a sideways or backwards pass much longer.

Shite like this does my head in.

When we had the good period this season Lundstrum was instrumental in that.

That doesn't mean he has been widely inconsistent because he has but the manager isn't exactly bursting with alternatives so much so leaving him out the final begs the question who replaces him?

It was a Red card but, I honestly do not think Collum would have saw it as a Red card and sent a Celtic player off had it been rat face on JL!
I honestly don’t think anyone in the world doesn’t get sent off for that, it looks in real time like he wins the ball as the ball goes for miles but he just makes Johnstone’s foot kick it.

I kind of get the planting the foot to ensure contact but in all honestly, unless you are favourite for that ball you need to just press, no ref in the world wants his face in the paper with that still saying that was a yellow card.

Miller called it right on commentary. You can't judge a decision based on a still image. At full speed it was a 50/50.

I wouldn't have even given a yellow card, but most people are fannies these days and think any touch means a 13st bloke should fall to the floor
When people say leg breaker they often exaggerate, that one was a leg breaker, deserved the red all day long. He just didn’t fancy the fight in the second half.

I did mate. The writing was on the wall as far as I was concerned. I went fishing. Nothing will change until it changes at the top.
Over 40 years a season ticket holder. I’ve had enough.
I didn't watch it either mate. It was obvious we wouldn't beat them and I'm fed up getting angry or upset over our players not trying until they're behind. I was never the staunchest but now I've lost interest completely.

It’s probably been mentioned previously but Lundstram so obviously downs tools when things aren’t going his way.

Done it under Gio after initially being very good, done it under Beale and surprise, surprise the same under Clement, which coincided exactly with contract negotiations stalling.

He had previous for this too and, yet again, we ignored someone’s history.

We really are our own worst enemy.

It’s probably been mentioned previously but Lundstram so obviously downs tools when things aren’t going his way.

Done it under Gio after initially being very good, done it under Beale and surprise, surprise the same under Clement, which coincided exactly with contract negotiations stalling.

Sheffield United fans hate him for doing exactly what he has done to us.

He was to blame for both goals. Not tracking O'Riley for the first.
Haven't watched it back by my thoughts on first viewing were that Lundstram was with someone else when O'Riley moved into the space. Forrest I think. It was Silva who failed to track the run of O'Riley I'm sure. Barisic could probably have gone with him as well, or tried to close him down quicker, but Silva just stood still.

Also, Ben Davies was sitting really deep in our penalty area, with not a soul near him. He was marking nobody at all and could, maybe should, have stepped out to close down/confront O'Riley.

Catalogue of errors really but Lundstram wouldn't be top of my list for that one.

Part of problem is it could be either he's downed tools or that we have ran him into ground. Into the ground as well or combination

Same with tav and few others

Our injury list is atrocious

The raskin situation is bizarre I don't rate him but there's games he could have be playing it coming on earlier for jl

This is what we need sort out for recruitment is how we can rotate our players and knock 10 games off what they are playing at least

Otherwise every year we will be the same at end of season whoever the players are

Last edited:
Lundstram should never play for us again

If Clement is even thinking of playing him in the final he should not be allowed too. Enough

He's 100% playing in the final. Clement's post-match comments yesterday in addition to the fact that recent experience has illustrated that he's seemingly undroppable despite being mostly garbage for months now make that clear.

I’ve been a big supporter of Lundstram for a long time. I always felt he was unfairly criticised, but that yesterday was a disgrace. He knows he’s had a howler at the own goal and tried to make up for it by acting the hard man. Unforgivable and hopefully that’s the last we’ll see of him and many others

Haven't watched it back by my thoughts on first viewing were that Lundstram was with someone else when O'Riley moved into the space. Forrest I think. It was Silva who failed to track the run of O'Riley I'm sure. Barisic could probably have gone with him as well, or tried to close him down quicker, but Silva just stood still.

Also, Ben Davies was sitting really deep in our penalty area, with not a soul near him. He was marking nobody at all and could, maybe should, have stepped out to close down/confront O'Riley.

Catalogue of errors really but Lundstram wouldn't be top of my list for that one.
Tav being petrified of Maeda and backing off when he drives into the box is equally as bad as Lundstram’s contribution for the 2nd goal

When people say leg breaker they often exaggerate, that one was a leg breaker, deserved the red all day long. He just didn’t fancy the fight in the second half.
Boggle eyes deliberately planted his foot in the ground in the attempt of blocking off the ball but Lundstram was already committed.

It used to be called a 50/50. Now drawing the foul is accepted as part of football, the slight nudge in the back and flop to the ground. It's embarrassing.

Boggle eyes deliberately planted his foot in the ground in the attempt of blocking off the ball but Lundstram was already committed.

It used to be called a 50/50. Now drawing the foul is accepted as part of football, the slight nudge in the back and flop to the ground. It's embarrassing.
It's you who's embarrassing.

Reactions: krs
Was in a nothing area of the pitch, but I don't think it was a red card. The ref bottled it.
If that's a Rangers player on the end of that you would be happy with a yellow card to the opponent?

It's a leg breaker challenge which deserved a red card.

A tackle that epitomises him as a footballer.

A complete simpleton.

Somehow has the knack of convincing managers that he’s anything other than a league 2 standard player.
yet people on here were saying we should get " stuck in" etc
if lundstram didnt make the tackle, albeit mis-timed, he would be gatting called a shitebag

If that's a Rangers player on the end of that you would be happy with a yellow card to the opponent?

It's a leg breaker challenge which deserved a red card.
Just in my opinion mate, I think a red was a bit harsh.

I have seen many worse challenges in the league not result in reds.

I didn't watch it either mate. It was obvious we wouldn't beat them and I'm fed up getting angry or upset over our players not trying until they're behind. I was never the staunchest but now I've lost interest completely.
I’m of the same opinion mate but that opinion gets you dogs abuse on here with the staunch loyal.
The one that had a go at me for my opinion last night probably stands in a subway queue in the 60th minute.

Just in my opinion mate, I think a red was a bit harsh.

I have seen many worse challenges in the league not result in reds.
He's unlucky that Johnston plants his foot where he does but when your coming in that high and at that speed then you run the risk of a red card.

There’s only 1 possible game he can ever play for us in again, the Cup Final, he is banned for our two remaining league games.

If Raskin plays well the next two there’s no way he should lose his spot to a guy who has now mentally checked out.
Here’s hoping

He's 100% playing in the final. Clement's post-match comments yesterday in addition to the fact that recent experience has illustrated that he's seemingly undroppable despite being mostly garbage for months now make that clear.

Clement will also know our best period this season tied in with his best form. So it's not really been months.

Look I think it's best he moves on but you see a section of our fan base loves to have scapegoats whilst they bemoan the fact their favourites can't get in the team.

The manager rightly or wrongly will pick the best team and people querying why the so-called leadership team have been consistently picked by different managers surely can't be that baffled?

Isn't it likely they are the best players and train at the right levels? Of course it is.

Lundstrum had a nightmare yesterday, he is widely inconsistent our biggest problem is there is little proof with what we have that he is easily replaced.

I never want to see him play for us again. I can’t remember a worse Rangers performance in an old firm game. He has continuously let us down on every big occasion

yet people on here were saying we should get " stuck in" etc
if lundstram didnt make the tackle, albeit mis-timed, he would be gatting called a shitebag
No he wouldn’t…it’s not as if it was 50/50 ball he was going for.

He’s dived in stupidly from 3 or 4 yards away. Totally mad and up with Beerman’s challenge 2017…utter stupidity.

His pre match comments said a lot too about his/our mindset going into the game.

Last edited:
Clement will also know our best period this season tied in with his best form. So it's not really been months.

Look I think it's best he moves on but you see a section of our fan base loves to have scapegoats whilst they bemoan the fact their favourites can't get in the team.

The manager rightly or wrongly will pick the best team and people querying why the so-called leadership team have been consistently picked by different managers surely can't be that baffled?

Isn't it likely they are the best players and train at the right levels? Of course it is.

Lundstrum had a nightmare yesterday, he is widely inconsistent our biggest problem is there is little proof with what we have that he is easily replaced.
There are no favourites in this team. They are a horrific bunch who have continued to let us down time and time again. There are the ‘old guard’ who bottle it every opportunity, who should have been cleared out 3-4 years ago and who remain undroppable getting manager after manager the sack while stinking the place out. There are Gio’s expensive punts who have never lived up to their price tags and are just wrong for this league. There are the Beale experiments - both January and summer - who we continually try and defend probably because we don’t want to accept the reality that they are not very good. There are the perennial injured who we forget are still at the club and collecting huge wages. Then there are Butland and Sterling who I just feel sorry for as they are so much better than this team as a whole.

The tackle was rash but the in play decision was reasonable when you see it at full speed and should have been allowed to stand. I’ve seen a lot worse than that escape a booking in old firm games.

VAR was only ever going to end one way when ou see a high speed tackle slowed down, from ever angle and using still pictures.

He has had his time with us, some decent spells and some good memories, ultimately, he hasn’t been a massive success.

We were never winning that game yesterday, regardless of Lumdstrams individual performance.
As I say, his time is up. I’m more than a little uncomfortable at the level of hatred being dished out to one Rangers player following a defeat.
The manager and the entire team failed big time yesterday. Lundstram is still a Rangers player, he will be gone soon and that’s the correct decision but this is way over the top today.

I genuinely think he wanted off the park. Would make sense giving his reckless tackle.
I never want to see him in a Rangers Jersey again!

I think he’s being cute (sly cute rather than actually cute) - big contract coming up somewhere else and wanting to ensure that an injury doesn’t wreck it? Rather than obviously chuck it or make himself look bad he’s opted for the sending off hoping everyone thinks he’s a hero for landing one on McGregor. The 2 game ban means he’s back for the glamour game but without the risk of the other hammer throwers in the league.

He should never feature in a Rangers squad again. I’d release him today - if for no other reason than the show the rest of the squad what is and isn’t acceptable at Rangers. This group of players have been indulged and spoilt, rewarded greatly for failure. A message showing the other side of the spectrum might raise the stakes for them a bit.

His lack of surprise and lack of any sort of protest shows that he knew *exactly* what he was doing. IMO it’s cost us the game, not that it matters to Lunstram.

The amount of people on this thread blaming Johnston or saying it’s his fault as he planted his foot and those who are saying it’s not a red card is embarrassing.

If the tackle was against us would you be blaming or saying it’s our players fault for planting his foot and would you be saying it’s only a yellow? No of course you wouldn’t.

It was a red card, pure and simple. And nobody else’s fault but Lundstrum. He was was an idiot for making that type of tackle and deserved the sending off

I don't think anyone is denying it's not a red

McGregor and fake Dane aren't getting sent off for that or any of their clan, that's my major issue with it

Back