Lundstram red card.

I’m of two minds here. On his overall performances I’d say it’s time for Lundstram to move on and yesterday he was.particularly bad.No issue with that.

What I can’t agree with JL being castigated for being too “dirty” on a Celtic player. One who every game I’ve seen play against us without fail goes into every tackle to “do” one of our players.
I’d far rather have JLon my team than that poser who was batting his eyes and smirking at every Celtic player he came up against yesterday.

I’m of two minds here. On his overall performances I’d say it’s time for Lundstram to move on and yesterday he was.particularly bad.No issue with that.

What I can’t agree with JL being castigated for being too “dirty” on a Celtic player. One who every game I’ve seen play against us without fail goes into every tackle to “do” one of our players.
I’d far rather have JLon my team than that poser who was batting his eyes and smirking at every Celtic player he came up against yesterday.
Who's castigated him as a dirty player?He's been rightfully slaughtered for putting in a shocking and unnecessary challenge which was 90yards from our goal and made our struggle an even more uphill battle.

If Lundstrum hadn't have hit form under PC then the league would have been done a month ago or longer.

There was clearly a time on here the only two players in contention for POTY was him and Butland. Butland has obviously been an easy winner in the end.

The fact we focus utterly on negatives , forget anything positive doesn't exactly make PC's job any easier.
I honestly believe his dip in form is directly related to his contract negotiations stalling.

Circumstantial evidence of previous episodes where he underperformed seem to back this up, including at Sheffield United.

Who's castigated him as a dirty player?He's been rightfully slaughtered for putting in a shocking and unnecessary challenge which was 90yards from our goal and made our struggle an even more uphill battle.
I think he wanted to lay down a marker to motivate himself and his teammates (a la Souness) going in at halftime.
To an extent I agreed with Kenny Miller’s point that slowing it down on VAR made it a red. It was a yellow card anywhere else if he wasn’t playing for Rangers at Celtic Park.
If the outcome of that tackle had Johnston leaving Lundstrum in a heap would he have been red carded?

To suggest that Lundstrum doesn't realise what he's done or that he doesn't regret it just reflects the angry irrational madness that surrounds us losing.

He gets, we get it and I think we all expect him to leave.
I’m suggesting he knows exactly what he’s done. He’s cynically got himself sent off to take himself out of contention for two matches that potentially jeopardises a lucrative contract elsewhere whilst still keeping himself available for the “glamour” tie with a trophy attached.

I don’t think it’s irrational, and even Occam’s razor would side with my explanation. He’s not known for rushes of blood to the head during matches. He doesn’t have poor impulse control and the lack of any protest at the red suggests he knew, like everyone else that saw it, that it was a red card all day long.

I also don’t think that John Lundstram gives two hoots about Rangers or her fans. He’s a professional, and he’ll play for whoever gives him the most amount of money.

I’m suggesting he knows exactly what he’s done. He’s cynically got himself sent off to take himself out of contention for two matches that potentially jeopardises a lucrative contract elsewhere whilst still keeping himself available for the “glamour” tie with a trophy attached.

I don’t think it’s irrational, and even Occam’s razor would side with my explanation. He’s not known for rushes of blood to the head during matches. He doesn’t have poor impulse control and the lack of any protest at the red suggests he knew, like everyone else that saw it, that it was a red card all day long.

I also don’t think that John Lundstram gives two hoots about Rangers or her fans. He’s a professional, and he’ll play for whoever gives him the most amount of money.

I'm amongst the biggest critics of Lundstram, always have been.

However I think people are reading way too much in to it. He was clearly frustrated about how badly the game was going & particularly how dogsh*t he'd been. Also just scored an OG & then saw an opportunity to potentially get the ball whilst they were getting caught out at the back. These things added up to him flying recklessly in.

Tbf it was the fastest I've seen him move for about 2months

Seriously?
What a load of shite why not feign injury and not play?

But beyond that he could have easily injured himself throwing himself at that tackle.

Utter utter nonsense.

Seriously?
What a load of shite why not feign injury and not play?

But beyond that he could have easily injured himself throwing himself at that tackle.

Utter utter nonsense.
Feigning injury means no training and by extension no Scottish Cup final.

Given neither of us know the truth, rather than grandstanding for Lundstram you might consider how you interact with fellow bears.

I'm amongst the biggest critics of Lundstram, always have been.

However I think people are reading way too much in to it. He was clearly frustrated about how badly the game was going & particularly how dogsh*t he'd been. Also just scored an OG & then saw an opportunity to potentially get the ball whilst they were getting caught out at the back. These things added up to him flying recklessly in.

Tbf it was the fastest I've seen him move for about 2months
You could be right. I’m just so annoyed by Lundstram’s idiocy that I’m not really in the mood for giving him the benefit of the doubt.

A likely league decider and he blows it for us. It’ll be a long day and a short one before I view him charitably.

Red card aside something that has bothered me for a while now was when the manager came in, he wanted us to stop the “shit lateral passes” why then has he persisted with this carthorse?
Because since Clement came in Lundstram's performance levels increased. At one point he was being suggested for player of the year.

It's only in the last few weeks those performances have dipped dramatically and he's reverted to type.

He cost us yesterday, and we are all hurting, but there's no escaping the fact that he was playing really well under Clement.

Because since Clement came in Lundstram's performance levels increased. At one point he was being suggested for player of the year.

It's only in the last few weeks those performances have dipped dramatically and he's reverted to type.

He cost us yesterday, and we are all hurting, but there's no escaping the fact that he was playing really well under Clement.
Probably because he was looking for a new deal.

When the realisation hit that he wasn't getting it, the Lundstram that we have seen for the majority of his Rangers career re-appeared.

Not the type of mentality we need at Rangers.

That’s correct his levels had increased but for the last 2 months his form has definitely dipped considerably, and we still heard about the club looking to extend.

A symptom of our lack of success in recent seasons. You’d be lucky if he’s had 20 good games in a Rangers shirt, but folk have somehow convinced themselves he’s been integral. He was shite when he first came in for Gerrard, had a short resurgence under Gio then was shite again, a short resurgence under Beale then was shite again and you won’t believe it, had a short resurgence under Clement and then has been shite again.

Hope to never see him anywhere near the club again.

Miller called it right on commentary. You can't judge a decision based on a still image. At full speed it was a 50/50.

I wouldn't have even given a yellow card, but most people are fannies these days and think any touch means a 13st bloke should fall to the floor
Miller made a rip roaring c*nt of himself. I was embarrassed for him.

As for Lundstram, I really hope the Turkey rumours are true. I'll leave it at that.

Sold the jerseys. There was absolutely no need to dive in like he did. He was also badly culpable for at least one and arguably both of their goals.
Do you know what,it was exactly the type of tackle we needed,if executed properly, and was a millisecond earlier.Imo his head was gone after the OG.

He's part of the 'old guard' of players like Tav, Goldson and Borna, who all seem incapable of beating that mob. These players have gifted them trophy after trophy and all need gone.

I think he wanted to lay down a marker to motivate himself and his teammates (a la Souness) going in at halftime.
To an extent I agreed with Kenny Miller’s point that slowing it down on VAR made it a red. It was a yellow card anywhere else if he wasn’t playing for Rangers at Celtic Park.
If the outcome of that tackle had Johnston leaving Lundstrum in a heap would he have been red carded?

Sorry but that tackle is a red card at every level of professional football these days. Only reason it wouldn't be is if the ref doesn't see the contact like Collum didn't. VAR did its job.

Sorry but that tackle is a red card at every level of professional football these days. Only reason it wouldn't be is if the ref doesn't see the contact like Collum didn't. VAR did its job.
I would still wonder if Johnston had laid out Lundstram and left him rolling about in agony would he have been sent off?

A symptom of our lack of success in recent seasons. You’d be lucky if he’s had 20 good games in a Rangers shirt, but folk have somehow convinced themselves he’s been integral. He was shite when he first came in for Gerrard, had a short resurgence under Gio then was shite again, a short resurgence under Beale then was shite again and you won’t believe it, had a short resurgence under Clement and then has been shite again.

Hope to never see him anywhere near the club again.
I’d say 20 good games is being generous

I would still wonder if Johnston had laid out Lundstram and left him rolling about in agony would he have been sent off?
Any player in any team in any league gets red for that after a VAR check, it was a clear a red as you're likely to see.

Lundstrum hasn't had 1 good performance vs Celtic in his spell with us.

Not one.

Thanks for the Europa League run, which ultimately ended in failure so means %^*& all.

Good riddance.

Looking at the SFA rules, says Violent Conduct (A2) or Serious Foul Play (A1) are automatic 2 match bans - didn't it used to be 3?
Only way he will be banned for the final is if he had 6 yellow cards totted up

Looking at the SFA rules, says Violent Conduct (A2) or Serious Foul Play (A1) are automatic 2 match bans - didn't it used to be 3?
Can we not appeal and that way it becomes a 3 game ban.

Absolute tosh. There are easier ways of getting sent off - call Collum a lady's front bottom for instance.

Your last bit shows how little you understand footballers - it's their friggin job!

Just 2 match ban across all domestic competition for the offence committed

Yellows would have nothing to do with the final unless got in them Scottish Cup games to merit a ban

I thought red cards picked up in the league only rolled onto the League cup and not the Scottich Cup, not that it matters with Lundstram as it looks like he'll have a two match ban.

I thought red cards picked up in the league only rolled onto the League cup and not the Scottich Cup, not that it matters with Lundstram as it looks like he'll have a two match ban.
Depends what the red was for

2 yellows or a deny a goalscoring opportunity it is served in the competition it was gained in 1 match

Serious Foul Play, Violent Conduct or spitting it is applied to all competitions regardless of the competition it was gained 2 match ban

Back