Lundstram

Our whole MF have been woeful over the last month and last 2 games in particular. That snide cheating wee prick mc gowan showed the lot of them up on wed night. Let that sink in that someone like him can over shadow our MF . :mad:
Add to that we have a striker who works his socks off without the ball and has a good turn of speed but has the touch of a baby elephant and couldn't hit a coo's ass with a banjo .His miss v Ross County was unreal and would have took any notion of them coming back out of the question but fluffed it as usual and the points went with the chance.Enter our defence and we have the perfect recipe for mayhem.

Appears I am in the minority, but I would give Lundstram another contract, like 2 years. When he’s on it, he offers so much energy and drive. Has showed them utter contempt in old firms and clearly gets it. I think although he is aggressive, his head goes down easily, and on current form he is whimpering through games. I blame Tav and Goldson for this though, not Lunny.
He's stood out in one game v them.

Probably been asked, but who replaces him?

Sterling? A new signing? Hopefully we get some rumours to chew on soon. Hopefully Barron is one that's coming in but kept quiet. Not that he'll go straight into the starting 11 but be a good squad addition.

Sterling? A new signing? Hopefully we get some rumours to chew on soon. Hopefully Barron is one that's coming in but kept quiet. Not that he'll go straight into the starting 11 but be a good squad addition.

I don't hate that idea. He has the pace and physical power to boss the midfield, keep it simple and allow diomande to pull the strings.

I would say Sterling and Diomande DM moving forward.

£30k/week to play 10-yard square balls between Goldson and Soutter on the half way line.

He's a major part of out problems.
Yep, him and at least 6 or 7 others.

As said by many, we need to offload these wasters and completely rebuild. It may take us a couple of years but so be it, it's the only way.

The team is rotten and our so called senior players shit the nest time and time again. Bang average players that really don't get it, not fit to wear our jersey.

I still believe PC is the man to drive us on.

When on his game he is a good player but his consistency lets him down. Too many games he passes back or sideways which slows the attack. We need a dynamic midfield General which he certainly isn’t. Let him go with our thanks.

Appears I am in the minority, but I would give Lundstram another contract, like 2 years. When he’s on it, he offers so much energy and drive. Has showed them utter contempt in old firms and clearly gets it. I think although he is aggressive, his head goes down easily, and on current form he is whimpering through games. I blame Tav and Goldson for this though, not Lunny.

Shows them utter contempt? Our record against them with Lundstram in midfield is utterly abysmal.

I think there is a place in the squad for Lundstram. He has never been, nor never will be, good enough to be our playmaker. He lacks the guile and imagination to sit at the centre of midfield and direct the play. For what it’s worth, Sterling is not the answer or are any of the current squad.

He sums up our squad over the last few years, when things are going well he looks a good player, wanting to drive forward, taking risks and chasing back with confidence. When things aren’t going well, revert to the safe ball, drop deep, commit needless fouls. I like him but for me his times up.

He plays well in Europe, especially in the later stages against good opposition because there’s not the pressure of expectation, that’s where we really fail as a squad. When it comes down to the must win when we really should be winning too many fall short.

The managers got a job on his hands because there’s lots of good players out there that on paper look like they should be good signings but when it comes to playing for Rangers it takes a special type of character.

Lundstram’s time is up with us - he’s fixated on a last big payday that will be more than we can afford to give him. He’s had some great games for us but recently his play has been laboured.
I’m sure we will be casting our eyes worldwide for replacement midfield talent but I would seriously consider Barron, Watson and Miller.

One thing in some of the posts on this thread stand out for me.
Lunstram coming deep to take up the ball from our centre halves.
So is that his fault or the fault of the likes of Goldson whose only 2 out balls are the long punt ,more often than not straight out of play or a shocking pass straight to the opposition .Goldson is a clown who can't defend,cant pass and cant leave his square head on the sideline which is really obvious at our corners.Add in his partner in crime tav and its no wonder our midfield get run over at times .last 3 matches we have almost conceded inside 6o seconds twice and went one better (or worse) v the scum .
Up until last week pre ross county,i had Lunstram as POTY.Doesn't suddenly go pear shaped for no reason and i think he's getting a raw deal TBH

April Lunstram compared to the Jan Feb one is a big drop off. I remember when we signed him the Sheffield Utd fans were complaining he had downed tools.

I've got no inside knowledge but he's back to dropping deep to take a pass from Goldson, then passing it back to him. He's good when he's in the right mindset but it feels like he has to be top of his game to meet the standard, and he's not at the top of his game now or various other times. Needs dropped.

This is what can happen when you let players run their deals down.

They can just down tools once the next move is sorted.

The club simply can’t let this happen again like they did with Goldson and Lundstram (for different reasons)

The Lundstram debate has a couple of factors: renew as is, don't renew, or renew on reduced terms.

Lundstram won't accept options three. For me, I think you could look at half his wages and do better.

Is it really too much to ask to have two first-teal ready players on £15k a week (and younger) rather than contemplating giving JL a wage normally reserved for multi-league winners or players who change games?

I've harped on about Lundstram's wage long enough & to be fair, there are examples of it all over the park.

I wouldn't be stopping the clearout after the OOC players are gone, in fact that would be just be the start of I was PC.

No matter what happens, these losers have dined out on a European final & 2 cups for long enough.

I've got a sneaking suspicion he's not happy with the terms we offered him and is now having a sulk. Could be wrong, but the rumours are starting to fly he's back off down south in the summer. Which doesn't bother me.

At first I thought he was fatigued after having played so many games. But he's back to his usual self. This is the Lundstram we know all too well. Bar maybe 2 purple patches (EL run and the last 5 months) he's been a disappointment.

Hoping we go with Sterling and Diomandé for the remainder of the season, with Raskin as cover. We'd be as well giving game time to Raskin, tbh. He's got the same number of decent performances against that mob, as Lundstram has tbf.

Twice I’ve read Ipswich bound?
After the Turkish side also not able to meet his wage demands.
Seriously?
If true, possibly suffering from real delusions of grandeur.

A lot of people are reading too much into his poor performances.

Like all players, his form fluctuates. Like all middle-of-the-road players, his form fluctuates quite widely and frequently.

He's not good enough to get by when he's not playing well.

Consistency has a price tag, as does quality.

He’s lucky to have played well for 6 months of his time with us he can go to Ipswich.

We should be seriously looking at Lennon Miller and maybe Bailey Rice will be ready in the summer.

No new 30 grand a week contract for me the way he's playing just now wouldn't offer him 30 quid a week, lady's front bottom cudny kick dors at Halloween, shocking performances from one of our so called leaders

Back