Malik Tillman

He wasn't good enough for us apparently.

Like Sima and Diomande who are clearly a class above this league but get posts like "I don't see it with him" or "can't handle it up here"

Same people probably desperate for Connor Barron or Daniel Armstrong.
If FF existed in the 70s there'd be some saying Davie Cooper didn't score enough.

Will always be some mad opinions on here, part and parcel of having such a large fanbase.

Psv 3-0 up after 11 minutes in the league just now.

Tillman scored two and assisted the other.

7 goals and 10 assists in 24 league games for Psv so far.

What a player!

Wonder what Bayern will do in the summer, wonder if they will do the same thing to Psv as they did to us.
According to many on here he wasn’t good enough for us. Just about sums this place up at times.

We wanted to sign him, he didn't want to join.

Wonder if Beale flinging him under the bus had anything to do with that but it doesn't matter now.

He has moved on and so should we.

All but won the league tonight.

Unless Feyenoord can overcome a 9 point deficit with 3 games left and a goal difference of 32.

We wouldn't have anywhere near our struggles in attack and fluency with Tillman and Sakala in the squad, especially against run of the mill teams.

Both would have worked brilliantly with Sima too.
I liked wee Fashion but you ruined your post when you referred to him and fluency in the same sentence. An oxymoron par excellence.

We wanted to sign him, he didn't want to join.

Wonder if Beale flinging him under the bus had anything to do with that but it doesn't matter now.

He has moved on and so should we.
Who said he didn't. Bayern activated their clause which we knew about. He was still a Bayern Player and he had no choice but to stay at Bayern

So as many as Sam Lammers then?

Tillman was vastly overrated on here.

PSV are that good of a team (compared to the rest of their league) it's hard not to stand out. They are winning by 3's, 4 and 5's almost week in week out. You'd need to be doing something wrong to not post decent numbers in a team like that.

The ones that will move on for big money in that team are Bakayoko and Lang.
What a strange take.

Tillman, at 20 years old, played in a honking Rangers team, scored 10 goals in 28 league games from midfield, made team of the year and won young player of the year. He'd have been a great signing had he stayed. He has enormous potential.

Instead, we got Sam Lammers. More loans than Wonga, 3 goals in total in the 4 years prior to us buying him, such a disaster here he lasted 6 months and at 26, probably all the player he's ever going to be.

I'm delighted Lammers has scored a few goals for Utrecht but it's the first place he's been since he left Holland nearly 5 years ago that he hasn't been an abject failure. There's absolutely no comparison between the two, Tillman is streets ahead.

Tillman would walk into our team. Clement got shot of Lammers the first chance he got, he practically first footed Utrecht.

Was gutted we never managed to get the deal over the line, his quality was clear. No surprise to see him doing well

So as many as Sam Lammers then?

Tillman was vastly overrated on here.

PSV are that good of a team (compared to the rest of their league) it's hard not to stand out. They are winning by 3's, 4 and 5's almost week in week out. You'd need to be doing something wrong to not post decent numbers in a team like that.

The ones that will move on for big money in that team are Bakayoko and Lang.

At least you're consistent .... been talking utter pish since February 2023,
Here's your thread slagging Malik off, from back then.
Maybe football is not the sport for you? :))

I think he’a a good example of the talent ceiling we have in Scottish Football.

It doesn’t matter if you can afford a player like that. They simply aren’t coming here. The level our league can offer them simply isn’t good enough.

Reading some of that lot’s fans honestly believing they should be making £20m signings. That level of player just ain’t coming here.

They would need to pay 70/80k a week for that level of player.

It's just not happening.

Let's see in 5 years where he is. You think Borussia Dortmund or the likes, I'd say more likely to be Borussia Moenchengladbach.

Never said he's a bad player, just not all that some of his fan club on here think he is.

All those people with negative comments forget that when he played for us, was his first full senior season. Inexperience and inconsistency showed in a few games, like it does for the majority of younger players in their first season. Also playing with some bang wouldn't have helped. Would have excelled as our attacking midfielder this season once Clement took over.

A case of "don't back down, double down" (wd, not you).

At least it highlights those that don't know much about football.

He pretty much said so in an interview after he played against us.

Not doubting you but any idea where I can read what he said. I can't remember him ever saying he didn't want to sign for us. It didn't make any difference if he wanted to.anyway. Bayern decided they weren't allowing it to happen..

Psv 3-0 up after 11 minutes in the league just now.

Tillman scored two and assisted the other.

7 goals and 10 assists in 24 league games for Psv so far.

What a player!

Wonder what Bayern will do in the summer, wonder if they will do the same thing to Psv as they did to us.

Magnificent. Can't believe some didn't want us to buy him

A case of "don't back down, double down" (wd, not you).

At least it highlights those that don't know much about football.

He's playing in a team that has absolutely skooshed the Eredivisie, scoring close to 4 goals a game on average. They have 103 goals with still 3 games to play lol. Of course any decent level no.10 is going to look good in a team like that.

Incidentally he featured in 9 CL games and didn't score and had 1 assist only, so maybe he's still got some way to go to reach the level that many are painting him at in this thread. "Magnificent" "Replacing Musiala at Bayern" I think not!

Good player, will he be the great that many think so? Not for me! He lacks that bit of drive, mentality to really go on a level imo. He's at the perfect place right now but I doubt he makes it at a bigger club than PSV.

If you're going to have a mental opinion, you might as well go baw deep.

He's playing in a team that has absolutely skooshed the Eredivisie, scoring close to 4 goals a game on average. They have 103 goals with still 3 games to play lol. Of course any decent level no.10 is going to look good in a team like that.

Incidentally he featured in 9 CL games and didn't score and had 1 assist only, so maybe he's still got some way to go to reach the level that many are painting him at in this thread. "Magnificent" "Replacing Musiala at Bayern" I think not!

Good player, will he be the great that many think so? Not for me! He lacks that bit of drive, mentality to really go on a level imo. He's at the perfect place right now but I doubt he makes it at a bigger club than PSV.
Mentality? USA International , By the age of 22 he has played for Bayern Munich , Rangers and PSV and yet you don't think he has the drive and the mentality .

This place is absolutely mental

Let's see in 5 years where he is. You think Borussia Dortmund or the likes, I'd say more likely to be Borussia Moenchengladbach.

Never said he's a bad player, just not all that some of his fan club on here think he is.

He's already playing at a higher level / in a better team than anything in our league.

You compared him to a lazier version of the washed up has-been Niko Kranjar we signed, if that's not calling him a bad player ....?

Maybe just accept that you haven't a fukin clue, or just kee doubling down, making a Henry Hunt of yourself
:))

What a strange take.

Tillman, at 20 years old, played in a honking Rangers team, scored 10 goals in 28 league games from midfield, made team of the year and won young player of the year. He'd have been a great signing had he stayed. He has enormous potential.

Instead, we got Sam Lammers. More loans than Wonga, 3 goals in total in the 4 years prior to us buying him, such a disaster here he lasted 6 months and at 26, probably all the player he's ever going to be.

I'm delighted Lammers has scored a few goals for Utrecht but it's the first place he's been since he left Holland nearly 5 years ago that he hasn't been an abject failure. There's absolutely no comparison between the two, Tillman is streets ahead.

Tillman would walk into our team. Clement got shot of Lammers the first chance he got, he practically first footed Utrecht.
Spot on, the comparison to Lammers is not even relevant.

He's already playing at a higher level / in a better team than anything in our league.

You compared him to a lazier version of the washed up has-been Niko Kranjar we signed, if that's not calling him a bad player ....?

Maybe just accept that you haven't a fukin clue, or just kee doubling down, making a Henry Hunt of yourself
:))

Mate, you have SilvaBear as your name, so I don't think your judgement on players is all that worthwhile, talking of making a James Hunt of yourself and then you go and pick a name like that.

You are a new account as well, and most likely either got banned for talking absolute pish or you had to make a new one as your old name was probably backing up some other poor player.

My post comparing him to Kranjcar was directly after Malik had played in his 4th or 5th OF game btw, and had done an amazing houdini act in all of them. So it was a bit of a heat of the moment post yes, no need to go over the top about it.

Tbf to Beale, he was quite protective of Tillman in his comments about that goal. Saying he didn't want that to follow him around as he was a young player so ordered the goal.

Not sure that had any bearing on it. Just don't think he overly liked being here.

He did do a disappearing act in Old Firm games but then who hasn't recently.

Was quite a result for them tonight. He's also a very good player but pretty sure he didn't want to stay.

3 assists in 8 games in the CL proper. He never started all of them either as he wasnt fully fit until a couple of months into the season. He was also the best player against Arsenal. Outstanding in their home game. Manager picked him out for praise afterwards.

That's now 9 goals and 15 assists in all competitions this season. Excellent numbers.

Back