Man City's redesigned concourses

I would rather the club spend the available money on trying to improve the product on the park tbh but I’m older generation who grew up attending football where match day facilities were generally of a poor standard throughout Scotland back in the 1970s and 80s. However, I appreciate times have changed and the club will no doubt be reviewing these aspects of the stadium for the overall match day experience.

And what has that got to do with things? Surrounding area of Ibrox isn’t the best, same with Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, Celtic, spurs, Leeds etc.
You stay close by?

Was just meaning you can have all these nice things but it’s a bit outta place, maybe they should do something to rejuvenate the area

Tbh the concourses at The Etihad were poor in comparison with the likes of Wembley.

A problem I see with this is many go down at HT for a pie and a pint and meet their mates and never go back to their seats! Improving the surroundings is just going to encourage this.

Ibrox is just fine the way it is.

Hopefully the wee Luxembourg team will win their case. Once we get to play in a cross border league, our funds will increase exponentially. Then, we'll have modernised concourses and stadium expansion.

Don't know any City season ticket holders, but have often wondered if the old faithfuls who followed the club through all their bad times before the money arrived get any kind of discount for season tickets etc. as a thank you.

Or is that just sentimental tosh which has no place in football these days?

Don't know any City season ticket holders, but have often wondered if the old faithfuls who followed the club through all their bad times before the money arrived get any kind of discount for season tickets etc. as a thank you.

Well they have so many at £299.

Lot of myths over Man City support like, some funny views pop up on here about it when this subject comes up.

Did we get anything back for buying season tickets in the lower leagues?

City were/are selling season tickets for less in the EPL than we were for the Scottish second division!

Have they not already done a bit to do up the area?
Absolutely, as well as the etihad campus they have given land to the council who have built the 1st 6th form college in the area alongside various other developments.

Absolutely, as well as the etihad campus they have given land to the council who have built the 1st 6th form college in the area alongside various other developments.
Did they not also provide much needed apprenticeships for local youngsters when they expanded the stadium?

Did they not also provide much needed apprenticeships for local youngsters when they expanded the stadium?
They did indeed. They are doing lots of good in a very deprived area.

I’m no fan of city by the way, don’t like this whole ‘new money’ thing from a football perspective

They did indeed. They are doing lots of good in a very deprived area.

I’m no fan of city by the way, don’t like this whole ‘new money’ thing from a football perspective
It just all reminds me of doing good to cover up bad like, can't get away from that.

Tbf, back in your day people just openly pished down the back of your legs during the game.

Times change.
Can assure you that in 50+ years of watching Rangers, no-one has just openly pished down the back of my legs. So the only pish is your post I'm afraid. I'm aware times have changed. I acknowledged that in my post.

My mate Mickey has supported City since the late 60’s , now won’t even acknowledge they are the same team, he goes to his local amateur team.

Did you ever see the state of Maine Road?, being the Abu Dhabi state Football team means they can spend more on their Stadium than we can in wages!
Not arguing that fact or even wanting ours similar but pictures 3 seasons out of date and toilets that are like a scene from Trainspotting should be rhe minimum we, as paying customers could expect.

My mate Mickey has supported City since the late 60’s , now won’t even acknowledge they are the same team, he goes to his local amateur team.
You do come across the odd fella like that in the North at non league.

Was talking to a City fan last week and he said about their lack of Saturday away matches at 3. Same with a Leeds lad today and their home matches all being moved for tv for the next few months. Starts to grind on people.

Fair point but it should look more like 2022 rather than 1992
The Club Deck concourse hasn’t changed since 1992 when it was opened. I go directly to my seat, spend nothing at the kiosks. The toilets are adequate but they have poster frames Alberto/Amoruso advertising £20 rangers bricks.

Paint peeling and a hole the ceiling. It’s been neglected for years and I understand why but it doesn’t make it right.

Of course not but I assume this thread was started to hear people's opinions on the subject and my opinion is that I could not give a single shit what the concourses look like.

I don't really understand all this matchday experience patter, a nicer smelling toilet isn't going to make a 0-0 draw with Motherwell a better day out.
Fair enough. OTOH, some of us would aspire to the club having higher standards with this kind of thing in 2022.

City aside there is plenty we could do to improve Ibrox. Plenty of space to extend the lower tier concourses outwards on three sides of the ground at relatively low cost. We go in the lower Broomloan and the concourses and toilets are shocking.

Back