man of the match last night

club175

Official Ticketer
Might have just missed it but can't remember it being announced last night. Who was it?

I don’t think they announced one. Was discussing with my son and he fancied McCausland or Cantwell for his 2nd half performance.

McCausland & Yilmaz both put in impressive shifts.

However Cantwell overall was more influential on the outcome of the game.

Over the 90 minutes I'd have given it to Dessers, I thought his all round play and work rate was excellent, sure, he had a couple of stutters when you are begging him to hit it but overall I say among his best games in a Rangers Jersey.
Wouldn't have argued with McAusland getting it, again he worked tirelessly and the timing of his goal was so vital. Yimaz also showed confidence, belief and work rate while Cantwell got his sleeves rolled up 2nd 45.

Mcausland is a far better player when he’s able to get closer to the striker and play as a right sided forward, not saying he’s the answer though.

Overall probly Cantwell motm

Yilmaz was the most consistently good Rangers player in the full time he was on the pitch.
But Cantwell in the second half only played far better than anyone else did at any time.

Cantwell or Ridvan by a long distance for me, Ross was very poor especially defensively in the 1st half.

Would probably only be man of the 2nd half because the 1st half was abysmal.

For me it was Cantwell by some distance although Ridvan made some impressive forward runs and could have had a screamer just before being subbed.

Hopefully Ridvan is available for the final

kGZqf4R.png

Yilmaz, Raskin, Cantwell....
I thought all 3 were very good.
I'd personally vote for Raskin.

All 3 of them would be in my cup final team.

For his part in their first goal Yilmaz should not be even mentioned in this thread. Shocking, lazy defending.

Can't possibly have given it to McCausland. Prior to his goal he was far and away the worst player on the park. Multiple points of failure in both goals Dundee scored but he had a massive hand in both. Granted he got much better.

I'd say Cantwell or Davies.

Back