Man United’s manager options

Nail on the head mate.

The problems IMHO go back as far as when the Glazers took over.
Fergie managed to keep things going until he retired in 2013. Mourinho won 3 trophies, but it has just been one shitshow after another since Fergie departed.
But, it’s been very pleasing watching the whole club unravel. Long may it continue
And for this reason I think any manager that's reputable will see the mess that's Man U and stay well clear of them.

The footballing environment has changed considerably since Sir Alex. Oil rich states have resources beyond that of the new owners.

Their only hope is that FFP rules reign in City and other competition and Man U get someone in to get back to basics.

They’ve tried every flavour of manager there is. No idea what on Earth they can do to fix it.

Stadium is in need of a refresh, squad as tired looking as ours.

Moyes back and a period of stability or bring in Brenda to watch them get relegated again.

I used to care when Fergie was in charge and they had a squad of winners that were cultivated from their youth team but I’ve long since caring tbh I’ve had enough to worry about our own travails.

The most encouraging thing in recent days was hearing about Ratcliffe's email going tonto about the lack of cleanliness and the state of appearances when on a walkabout. It needs a manager who can restore standards and surround himself with the people to negotiate the restoration of the academy, the club and the football on the pitch.
Ratcliffe strikes me as someone who’ll make the measured choice for the job(s) at hand and won’t be swayed by a glamour appointment or previous record, for good or ill.

That leaves it wide open and quite possibly someone the Bookies haven’t listed.

No big manager will want to go there, honestly think they would be better off trying to bring in Kieran McKenna from Ipswich. They need to implement a style, ten hag’s main issue is that his team just doesn’t have a style of play. They won’t win anything for a while but they need their next manager to have a plan, their current one doesn’t. Their midfield at times is wide open and teams just run right through them.

Ha, aye that popped up on my phone through The Athletic just before, seems strange - he did get all the fans a pint in at Plymouth the owner though.
It's a strange one, got them to a whisker of the play offs. I know one Hull regular (fan not player) and he can't understand it.

He’s just been on TalkSport, he’s a decent bloke I think, could be a disaster his next appointment, interesting to see who he gets in given he wants exciting Football.
Might need to stop the rugby as the pitch was shocking towards the end of the season was it not?

The more it keeps going on, the more I think Southgate will get it.

There is a real lack of good quality managers out there.

Personally I don’t like man united and I’m glad they’ve fallen way down the table

Just saying like

I’ve been looking at the bookies odds this morning on Sky Bet and the names linked with the job are underwhelming with only about 1 or 2 of them that would excite me if I was a Man United fan.

Thomas Tuchel 2/1
Gareth Southgate 3/1
Graham Potter 5/1
Robert De Zerbi 11/1
Zinedine Zidane 11/1
Julian Nagelsmann 12/1
Unai Emery 16/1
Kieran McKenna 20/1
Ruben Amorim 20/1
Thomas Frank 20/1
Pathetic. Especially Southgate.

Since when did De Zerbi, ZZ & Nagelsman become underwhelming?
RDZ is touted all over Europe.
ZZ won the UCL three years running plus Spanish domestic trophies.
JN won the league with Bayern & was deemed good enough for the German national side.
Any of those three are a considerable upgrade on Eric & his ten hats.

If they stuck with Moyes after Ferguson,I honestly believe they would have been in a better place.

Always makes me laugh to see Zidane's name in the running for the job. Doesn't speak English, hates the idea of working/living in England, has publicly said he doesn't want to manage in the EPL, has zero affinity for any clubs in the league... but apart from that.
I think Zidane is waiting for Deschamps to make a mess of the National job.

Whoever it is is on a hiding to nothing, and they'll all avoid if if they have any sense. The poison chalice of poison chalices

Back