Manager of the year nominees Mccinnes Tony Docherty and John McGlynn

Yeah, no progress at all. Would have been as well sticking with Beale. As stupid posts go on here, that one is particularly stupid. And that's saying something. Well done.
Thank you Big D. No doubt your a genius. Since Clements came in we've won a final we were expected to win, still not won an old firm game that matters, threw away the league and champions league money. Also handed out new records to Ross county, Motherwell and Dundee. But apart from that you're spot on. 2nd is last.

No he isn't. He's 5 games away from a possible treble.

Even if we win all our league games it guarantees absolutely nothing in terms of the title. Seeing a lot of this bullshit on here - we fucked it.
From where we were in October Clement has done an amazing job with the sh*te he was left, some people forget this.

Thank you Big D. No doubt your a genius. Since Clements came in we've won a final we were expected to win, still not won an old firm game that matters, threw away the league and champions league money. Also handed out new records to Ross county, Motherwell and Dundee. But apart from that you're spot on. 2nd is last.
I smell something fishy here.

John mcglynn is going for an unbeaten season and people greeting about dundee

I think he is the front runner personally.

Docherty is in his debut season as a manager, with a team that got promoted last season so were one of the favourites to be in a relegation fight, and could get them into Europe if results go their way. I don't think his nomination is that surprising.

Clement would be a worthy shout, and there's an argument for Naismith as well.

Clement not even getting a nomination despite where we were when he took over is a fucking joke tbh.
Absolutely. Turned around an 8 point defecit to have us neck and neck with the Beasts going into the final handful of matches; lifted the only piece of silverware up for grabs to date, and took us into the knockout stages of Europe once again.

But nah, Tony Doc pips him to a spot for managing to squeeze Dundee into the top six?

Aye, okay then.

(PS: I’ve no idea who John McGlyn is)

Docherty had only a handful of senior players under contract when he became manager. He's done a phenomenal job there.

Him or McInnes would deserve it.

Clement not even getting a nomination despite where we were when he took over is a fucking joke tbh.
It could be argued he’s only been with us for 6 months.
I’m genuinely surprised he’s not at least in the running however these awards are not really worth having.

John McGlynn? Pretty random

Why not Rhys McCabe at Airdrie? Won a trophy already this season and in play-offs for Premiership after one season in Championship

Clement winning a treble and someone else named manager of the year would be peak Scottish football
Did that not happen with Walter? Can’t remember if he won a treble or it was the season he took us to UEFA final but he ended up getting overlooked for Billy Reid at Hamilton.
Something rings a bell about it.

They all matter

Call of the mhanks

Called yourself out there

Or just too dumb to have your own thoughts

Walter being snubbed when taking us to a European final will never be topped. I'm sure MOTY went to the Hamilton Accies gaffer.
And as an award, never to be taken seriously afterwards.

Let’s face it! It’s a joke. Like much of everything else that goes on in Scottish football.

Last edited:

Why not Rhys McCabe at Airdrie? Won a trophy already this season and in play-offs for Premiership after one season in Championship

Because Airdrie don't have Bronze level ......

Clement came in and got us playing well but if you look at the money spent and expected outcome, 2nd is the least we should be, so in a sense he's done exactly what was expected. Mcinnes had taken a team that were in the Championship 2 years ago and got them comfortably into the top 4 and beaten all the better teams in the league work a pittance of a budget. It's a no-brainer.

Yip - he has taken us to two cup finals - won one and still one to play. He’s clawed back 7 points in the league to keep it alive until the end of season. He’s done fantastic in the short time he had been here and to be overlooked is a joke

Yip - he has taken us to two cup finals - won one and still one to play. He’s clawed back 7 points in the league to keep it alive until the end of season. He’s done fantastic in the short time he had been here and to be overlooked is a joke
Sorry also last 16 of Europe.

Taken Falkirk up when they’ve been stuck in league one for 5 (I think) years. On track for an unbeaten season and if they win their last game will finish on 97 points.

McInnes has done really well at Kilmarnock since he went there, and deserves it. Quite underrated as well.

My take,
Clement and rodgers were not nominated
because there giving it to docherty.
Soon it will get harder to attract bigger names to that club
after all the court cases come out
So when they punt rodgers,
They need someone who will protect the image of that dump,
and calm the baying tramps.
And who better than the manager of the year.

It's amazing how people can't understand the difference in aspirations that apply to a Rangers manager as opposed to Dundee, Falkirk or Kilmarnock.
Docherty has worked wonders with a squad that makes the one PC inherited look like Brazil 1970, and McGlynn has his team unbeaten in the league all season.
Both have achieved what they have with no budget whatsoever.
This is the criteria applied, not who wins the most between Rangers and Celtic.
It's not really difficult this.

If Clement can win us a treble, I doubt him, or us, will be giving a toss about these tinpot awards.

Never understood why they award them with so many games to go anyway. It's also a bit strange to compare a manager in League One with those in the SPL.

Play down a trophy we’ve actually won with a snidey remark.

Concede the league that we can still win.

What a joyless fking existence

Back