Manchester City have normalised the abnormal

The way Arsenal's title chances have been completely written off as if its already done makes me think there's a helicopter style change coming tomorrow.

Can just picture a tweet on Monday with that article side by side an article of Arsenal's glorious title win from the same paper.

Probably not, but live in hope.

The way Arsenal's title chances have been completely written off as if its already done makes me think there's a helicopter style change coming tomorrow.

Can just picture a tweet on Monday with that article side by side an article of Arsenal's glorious title win from the same paper.

City struggled against QPR/Aston Villa in similar circumstances. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion they beat West Ham.

Entirely possible, City are a better team maybe by less than last season but still an incredible team to watch.

Who's written them off completely? I'm a staunch blue and even I haven't written arsenal off totally yet because we've done our best to make an arse of it on the last day a few times in the past.
All it'll take is a dodgy first 20 mins and the stadium will be nervous as if we've seen this film a few times before.
Logic suggests we beat West Ham comfortably but it's never ever that simple so taking zero for granted.

Entirely possible, City are a better team maybe by less than last season but still an incredible team to watch.
I actually think this will one of our better title wins if we get over the line because I think this squad is a step down from previous title winning squads, and it's been a 3 horse race for the majority of the season until Liverpool dropped off lately. We're not quite as good as last year and Arsenal are stronger, so to still (possibly) win the league is impressive.

Agreed, they seem to have it done and dusted in the press, but who knows?
I get why they are tipping City, but it’s football, anything can happen on the day.
If Joey Barton had kept the head at QPR, City wouldn’t have won that title, they were beat.

No team top of the EPL on the final day has ever been overtaken, so you can see why most of the pundits are tipping City

Thinking of similar situations where a Club has blown it on the last day when massively expected to do it?

First one springs to mind is Ajax in 2016, needed to win at Graafschap (already relegated) but drew 1-1.

Who's written them off completely? I'm a staunch blue and even I haven't written arsenal off totally yet because we've done our best to make an arse of it on the last day a few times in the past.
All it'll take is a dodgy first 20 mins and the stadium will be nervous as if we've seen this film a few times before.
Logic suggests we beat West Ham comfortably but it's never ever that simple so taking zero for granted.
Everybody ive spoke to about it, everybody on Talksport this week and the article posted above.

Admittedly I don't have much more than that, but that's certainly my impression.

Everybody ive spoke to about it, everybody on Talksport this week and the article posted above.

Admittedly I don't have much more than that, but that's certainly my impression.
Ah talksport is full of fking imbeciles anyway stopped listening to that ages ago.
Tbf it is pretty heavily weighted in City's favour now. It would be a shock if we threw it away from here.

Ah talksport is full of fking imbeciles anyway stopped listening to that ages ago.
Tbf it is pretty heavily weighted in City's favour now. It would be a shock if we threw it away from here.
Would you say it isn't the popular narrative that City have it won?

Is there pundits, articles, posts, tweets you've seen suggesting Arsenal still have a chance of winning it?

Is there pundits, articles, posts, tweets you've seen suggesting Arsenal still have a chance of winning it?

I'm sure it is the popular narrative yes though I haven't really paid any attention to what's being said in the media tbh. If there are people in the media saying its a done deal then it's silly. If we're being touted as heavy favourites then that's justifiable. Dead certs however, I won't go that far myself. I'll be more comfortable if we get a couple of goals up tomorrow.

I’ve wanted Arsenal to win it all season but there’s no way West Ham are even taking a point from City. More chance of Everton taking something at the Emirates.

This fella reckons they are in with a shout:

City struggled against QPR/Aston Villa in similar circumstances. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion they beat West Ham.
Correct. Keeping my powder dry (ish) until we're a couple of goals ahead. A nervous first hour or so would not surprise me at all. As you say we've been there before. With better sides too.

Correct. Keeping my powder dry (ish) until we're a couple of goals ahead. A nervous first hour or so would not surprise me at all. As you say we've been there before. With better sides too.
Do I remember a last game of season against West Ham before and yous won comfortably? Wasn't under Pep I don't think.

Your support and players appeared to think it was over after the Spurs game.

It certainly looked that way to me.
I had to check it wasn’t the last day.

Do I remember a last game of season against West Ham before and yous won comfortably? Wasn't under Pep I don't think.
Yeah 2-0 I think it was under Pellegrini. Shaky half hour or so til Nasri put us ahead then it was pretty plain sailing. About 10 years ago now that.

Your support and players appeared to think it was over after the Spurs game.

It certainly looked that way to me.
I had to check it wasn’t the last day.
Not how I saw it tbh. Given our shocking record there, it was the last big hurdle for us to overcome to put ourselves in the driving seat going into the last game. That was a massive win for us especially given how shaky we were in the first half. Just celebrating a job fking well done in a really tough last away game of the season.

There's still a job to do. They're not daft. There's nothing wrong with knowing we are now massive favourites providing they're professional enough to do what's required/expected on Sunday. Which they clearly are because they've done it so often before.

My mates an Arsenal fan who has basically written them off. I just can’t get my head around that way of thinking.

All it takes is City to not have their shooting boots on or West Ham to get the first goal and it’s all to play for.

My mates an Arsenal fan who has basically written them off. I just can’t get my head around that way of thinking.

All it takes is City to not have their shooting boots on or West Ham to get the first goal and it’s all to play for.
You’ve explained why he feels like that to be honest, pretty unlikely either will happen ain’t it.

I do love an Etihad pitch invasion.
I do love Jim White on his talksport soapbox on a Monday morning condemning those fans who go on the pitch at the end to celebrate like its a major crime against humanity..like his snivelling c*nty opinion should matter a %^*& to anyone.

By normalizing the abnormal, do they mean financially cheating in a way that only they are allowed to while others play by the rules or get punished for them?

By normalizing the abnormal, do they mean financially cheating in a way that only they are allowed to while others play by the rules or get punished for them?
I guess with that point of view you know in detail where every charge has come from and the evidence as to why we should be bang to rights on all or some of them?

I said alleged but let's be honest they are obviously guilty what is it 115 charges ?
If it was that obvious we'd have been nailed for at least some of them by now.
I doubt there's any fear from these authorities of finding us guilty if there is guilt to be found.
You can guarantee some of the charges will be frivolous as fk. What if its only those ones we're found guilty of? If the supposedly major ones we're cleared of? What will people say then?
People just throw the number of charges at us without having any real knowledge of what each charge is about. Maybe you do I don't know.

Financial Fair Play is a scam to protect the ‘ proper ‘ clubs. In this case, Liverpool and Manchester United.
The charges against City for the most part are ridiculous.

If it was that obvious we'd have been nailed for at least some of them by now.
I doubt there's any fear from these authorities of finding us guilty if there is guilt to be found.
You can guarantee some of the charges will be frivolous as fk. What if its only those ones we're found guilty of? If the supposedly major ones we're cleared of? What will people say then?
People just throw the number of charges at us without having any real knowledge of what each charge is about. Maybe you do I don't know.
I've just read bits an pieces tbh but it didn't look good but I may be wrong but haven't City already been done by UEFA once or twice before

Back