Maribor player accuses Morelos of being a dirty player

5_B1755_B4-3_C32-4656-9735-_F575_E09_EDE22.gif

All these negative stories of Morelos being a hothead and Morelos being a dirty player, mostly in the Scottish media, is being done so that refs will single him out for special attention. It worked up at Aberdeen and look at the furore it caused when the red card was rescinded.
Spo on. The guy was probably asked a leading question by a less than sympathetic story writer

MARIBOR star Mitja Viler has accused Rangers hero Alfredo Morelos of being a ‘dirty’ player and claimed he went down too easily, ahead of this week’s Europa League showdown.

Rangers take a healthy 3-1 lead to Sloveniawith a place in the play-off rounds at stake, where they would face either a rematch against Luxembourg minnows Progres Niederkorn or a clash against Russians FC Ufa.

PA:pRESS ASSOCIATION
Viler has accused Morelos of being a ‘dirty’ player

Morelos opened the scoring against Maribor and also earned Rangers a second half penalty.

But Slovenian international full back Viler, who netted a stunning first half equaliser, wasn’t happy with the antics of the young Colombian.

He said: “We expected the Scots to be hard to play against, but we never expected it to be as bad as it was.

“They were very, very aggressive, especially their striker Alfredo Morelos.
he is a very dirty player.

“All the time he was trying to kick us and every time he got the slightest knock, his feet seemed to go from underneath him.

“There’s no doubt Rangers will be a different team away from home. We will see how they react to being under pressure.

“To lose 3-1 was disappointing, but we are a different animal at home and the tie is not over, I can promise our fans that.
Please tell me this was the front page splash in the Rhecord:D

Mind games.

Trying to put pressure on the referee for the 2nd leg to send a Rangers player off or give them a soft penalty.

It would work too if it was a Scottish ref officiating it. Fortunately for us it's not.

Great to hear, strong, aggressive, no push overs. It's what Steven Gerrard and tjr Rangers support want to see.

What about their number 20, Badje?

Right after Flanagan picked up a booking, he wiped some one out - no booking. Continued to nip and foul Rangers players until he was hooked and managed to remain card free.

Any way, boo fucking hoo, get on with it.

Selective memory on his part and only because they expected to win, and they didn't. It's a good sign as I think they thought we would be a softer touch than we were.:p:p

W.A.T.P.

Mr. Gerrard said after the Aberdeen game that he would have a word with Alfredo after the game and in private.

Sounds like he was getting coached rather than bollocked

He said: “We expected the Scots to be hard to play against, but we never expected it to be as bad as it was.

“They were very, very aggressive, especially their striker Alfredo Morelos.
he is a very dirty player.

“All the time he was trying to kick us and every time he got the slightest knock, his feet seemed to go from underneath him.

This delights me no end.

Good. I’m sick of nice guys.

I want a team of Diego Costa/Sergio Ramos/Pepe/Neymar types.

Arseholes that are use it to their advantage in the pitch and rile everyone up. If opponents don’t like it, even better.

It’s too late for that, he already gets special attention. The number of times he gets fouled but either doesn’t get the call or worse gets the call given against him is ridiculous.
Absolutely convinced we would not have got the penalty with a Scottish ref
Old enough to rememberbwhen we used to moan about foreign refs
Now they are the good ones

Pull your socks up and quit whining, you fud.

Better be ready for another pumping from Rangers!

Good.. I like to hear the opposition complain about this stuff. For far too long we have been a soft touch with not an ounce of fight in us.

Changed days indeed.

Can't deal with Morelos 4 v 1ing their entire backline with ease so they call him a cheat, ye don't get much better praise when the opposition resort to calling you a cheat. same again Thursday El buffalo plz

Stevie G's team talk is done for him. All the incentive we needed to ram his words down his throat

Very refreshing to hear the opposition speaking about our aggressive play. This is exactly what we’ve wanted.

Watching our defence being rag-dolled by medium talent SPFL strikers, over the last couple of years, has been brutal.

I want heads on spikes!

Spot on.

There are few players over the last few years for whom the word dirty could be applied.

Loving this! Similar to the noises coming out of Osijek after the previous round, we seem to have recaptured the way of getting under an opponent's skin. Let's see how many domestic sides run to the press complaining about how we play, can't wait!

Happy with his comments about us being aggressive , long time since anyone has accused us of this , long may it continue

Back