Matondo

Is it our medical team? They had Hetate, Carter Vickers, mcGregor, and of course Maeda blows his hamstring and is back in weeks.
Even if they lie about the severity of the injury, nobody seems to stay out longer then planned over there.
Remember Lawrence last year was out forever with an ever changing return date.

Can’t have a guy on allegedly 27 grand a week warming the bench or constantly out injured. When he’s on it he’s an asset but it’s been another disappointing signing.

Occasional cracking strike. He’s scored 6 goals in his Rangers career. Other than that, garbage. Another player who suffers from injuries.

Get rid.

Hopefully he's done enough this season to cobble together a nice wee YouTube video that'll kickstart some interest in him. Terrible signing.

It's mental that he is a player who is lightning quick, can drop a shoulder and rattle an worldie into the top corner on old firm day, yet 99% of us would want him binned.

Best scenario is we he him out on loan and someone takes at least a half share of his wages.

Hopefully he does a Lammers somewhere and we get some of our money back for him.

For those who watched the Man Utd/Arsenal game and Rooney making the point about Man Utd injury list which is lengthy like ours. He says players have to want to play and hints that players may not be as ‘injured’ as they make out, I think that’s what he meant anyway and they have to want to get on the pitch and give it all for the club.

Does anyone think that might be the case for some of the players ?
Yes

If we were top of the league by 5 points everyone bar the obvious serious injuries would be more readily available.

You see it all over the place in football, team on fire everyone is fit .

Team playing poorly everyone injured somehow

Without a shadow of a doubt, our biggest issue is our injury problems. It’s killed is for the last 3 years. I posted on another thread - we had: Yilmaz, Souttar, Goldson, Jack, Matondo, Sima, Cortes and Danilo injured or unable to start. That’s the equivalent of Celtic losing: Taylor, CCV, Scales, their 3 choice CH, McGregor, Maeda, their 2nd and 3rd choice left wingers and Kyogo. We also have 2 players who started who have signed a pre contract and Roofe who is out of contract in a few weeks. That’s crazy.
Our injuries have been horrendous. There must be an underlying reason and I believe the current manager has already eluded to this. However our biggest issue is poor recruitment.

That side of the business has, and continues to be completely ineffective, and a scandalous waste of money this club can ill afford to write off.

Best scenario is we he him out on loan and someone takes at least a half share of his wages.

Hopefully he does a Lammers somewhere and we get some of our money back for him.
Good shout, a loan back to Germany maybe then try to sell next summer. Gies some extra interest in the Bundesliga too.

Is it our medical team? They had Hetate, Carter Vickers, mcGregor, and of course Maeda blows his hamstring and is back in weeks.
Even if they lie about the severity of the injury, nobody seems to stay out longer then planned over there.
Remember Lawrence last year was out forever with an ever changing return date.
Lawrence strolled around the park on Saturday, and is out injured again.

Literally every player judged by the fans to be a dud has been proven to be just that.

Matondo is on 30k a week. Who signed off on that at the club ?

Our injuries have been horrendous. There must be an underlying reason and I believe the current manager has already eluded to this. However our biggest issue is poor recruitment.

That side of the business has, and continues to be completely ineffective, and a scandalous waste of money this club can ill afford to write off.
Agree. We need to recruit players who are far more robust.

Honestly, I’ve had my fill over that shower at the weekend, As if reading about the millions we missed out on, the injury list, wondering where the moneys coming from for the very much needed rebuild, only to hear Matondo is on 30k per week? We are now officially the laughing stock of the SPL.

We need to stop signing injury prone players tbf. What you save in a transfer fee you lose in appearances. Quality players don't cost buttons unless there's a good reason however our useless recruitment team have failed repeatedly to realise this. Thanks Ross Wilson.
Were these players sat in the treatment room with previous clubs?

Yes

If we were top of the league by 5 points everyone bar the obvious serious injuries would be more readily available.

Probably right in most other situations but wouldn't be the case with us. Our lot can't even get themselves up enough to beat two rank rotten teams down the table which would have put us clear at the top with only a few games to go. I just think our players can't be bothered with the hassle of winning things and having to deal with the pressures that go with it.

Seems to be almost permanently injured and when he’s not, he’s just not very good.
Hopefully another one away in the summer.

Found the link baffling from what I'd see of him in Germany at the time.
Every year I hear all these foreign names and big (by our standards) fees and know f all about these boys and just think we’re going to be some side next season. Last time it worked like that it was Dick’s time :)) :))

Aye we have had injury problems but so have that lot. Sick of the excuses on here we blew it
How many players out with injuries did Septic have on Saturday?

Zero!

How many times have we had a full squad to choose from in any game these last few years?

I can't remember a single one!

No further questions your Honour, case closed.

I love that his wage goes up after every poor team performance.

Started the season on 22k according to people on here, now he's at 33k and top earner.

As for injuries - missed 14 games in 3 years before coming here (laceration, knee problem, stomach problem), then 35 to date since coming to us less than 2 years ago.

Hardly an extensive injury history.

Another Ross Wilson disaster £3 million wasted and he's on well over £30,000 a week.

Good luck shifting that same goes for many others in the squad.
I’ve previously posted that Ross Wilson has caused our club a lot more damage than people realise financially and performance wise. Along with all his other off the field disasters he appointed Beale.
Wilson made all the decisions regarding signings etc when Gio was here but when Beale arrived he let him make the decisions as he was trying to get himself a gig at Newcastle but ended up at Forest.

We’ll never get rid of him when he’s on those wages. He’ll probably end up on loan with us still paying a percentage of it.

The day that Rabbi’s £33k pw contract was signed (or whatever it is) he must have been laughing his head off. Same with Lawrence, same with Davies. You wonder if they are all pals with Aaron Ramsay who tipped them the wink.

Injuries happen in general but are we allowing players to sign off sick too quickly? “Oh boss I still feel a little tightness, I can’t play yet.” I thought we had a world class doctor and medical staff, it’d be ridiculous to suggest they are getting the wool pulled over their eyes.

Surely pros do not do that, they surely all want to play, through pain if necessary, they want to bust a gut to win honours, don’t they?

Statistically though feigning injuries might happen but you’d think that even if that is true then we surely wouldn’t have as many in the one squad going down that route. Surely not?

I wondered many a time if Roofe fell into that category, no one player is that unlucky or as fragile but he’s successfully somehow managed to pull off a massive contract with a small handful of goals and almost as few appearances.

Do players just sign for us as a stop gap, get injured and use us as a convalescent home? Helander seemed to, and once left became a regular for his new club. Be interesting to see where they all go next and how quickly they get their productivity up.

So many wasted resources. Welcome to Rangers here’s your massive salary, there’s your personalised sick bed, see you in four and a half years.

No one club has been this unlucky since the formation of the professional game, I just hope the management team have the answer.

Last edited:
He's had his moments and hopefully his agent can compile these 'moments' and allow Clement to better invest in a winger

He's not been as awful as I expected him to be and he does seem to have screwed the nut, but just not good enough still. Not reliable.
You must have had awfully low expectations. One of the worst players I’ve ever seen at Ibrox when it comes to the basics of receiving by a pass, positional play, simple control, game intelligence. A horrendous footballer. The odd flash here and there by no means makes up for his inability to play football at this level. I genuinely think he’d struggle at junior level.

How many players out with injuries did Septic have on Saturday?

Zero!

How many times have we had a full squad to choose from in any game these last few years?

I can't remember a single one!

No further questions your Honour, case closed.
They had half a team and a makeshift back four for the 1st game of the season against us. They won 1-0.

Irrespective of the injuries we should have been doing better against them than we have with the players available.

Can't get two full games out of him without him signing into the Kemar Roofe rehabilitation ward at Ibrox . An absolute joke.

Get rid of him take any cash offered. Just get him off the wage bill. Another sick note player.

For those who watched the Man Utd/Arsenal game and Rooney making the point about Man Utd injury list which is lengthy like ours. He says players have to want to play and hints that players may not be as ‘injured’ as they make out, I think that’s what he meant anyway and they have to want to get on the pitch and give it all for the club.

Does anyone think that might be the case for some of the players ?
I do.

Thought about commenting on it a few times. Ibrox can either be absolute heaven or an unforgiving place for players.

I'd expect there is a mental toughness required to consistently perform. And maybe, at times it's "easier" to take that route for some players.

Yes

Maybe, the thought of progressing in the EL kept a few on their toes. As soon as Benfica out us out everything turned to dust.

A029ABDF-A921-44E5-93C3-DF9245ABE4C3.png.ffde4e8fe2a4659bedbf861472f423fe.png

Back