Mats Hummels

TQ3

The old and bold Mats just taken his club to the Champions League final. He even manages to score the winning goal in Paris, as well as lead his defence to 2 clean sheets v Mbappe and PSG.
This is the same Mats Hummels that we were told was done. A has been, and past it, just because we scored 4 in Dortmund.

Personally I have always liked the big man, and so wish him well in the final.

The old and bold Mats just taken his club to the Champions League final. He even manages to score the winning goal in Paris, as well as lead his defence to 2 clean sheets v Mbappe and PSG.
This is the same Mats Hummels that we were told was done. A has been, and past it, just because we scored 4 in Dortmund.

You say that as if is a regular occurance and an easy thing to do. We could and should have scored more. Going on that nights display he was atrocious.

Reactions: TQ3
Morelos absolutely destroyed him.

Incredible (and sad) to think that the one who has fallen off a cliff since then is Alfredo. Hummels has always been a superb defender and at 35 he is still showing his class.
Very sad. At his peak Morelos could give pretty much any defender a torrid time. Only himself to blame for how things have panned out for his career

By God we were tremendous in that game

Fair play to them for reaching the final.

I thought Athletico should have been out of sight against them by H-T in their 1st leg game.

Incredible (and sad) to think that the one who has fallen off a cliff since then is Alfredo. Hummels has always been a superb defender and at 35 he is still showing his class.
Might have the the greatest performance from a Rangers centre forward I’ve ever seen. They could have put 5 men on Morelos and he would have rag dolled all 5.

Hummels has been a great player for many years

perhaps not Hummels at 35 but would have thought Schlotterbeck would be in the squad

Waldemar Anton and Robin Koch are currently the preferred back ups to Rudiger and Tah. Schlotterbeck is in great form but tends to stink the place out whenever he pulls on a Germany shirt.

Hummels probably deserves to be in the squad tbh but Nagelsmann doesn't like taking him as a sub player because he thinks he's disruptive.

Might have the the greatest performance from a Rangers centre forward I’ve ever seen. They could have put 5 men on Morelos and he would have rag dolled all 5.
I thought he was great against Feyenoord away. He trashed their defence that night too. There was a great shot as the camera pans the box after Alfredo headers a goal from between the centre halves, and they look at each other as if to say “what just happened?”

I was told by someone who witnessed the incident that Hummels was verbally slaughtered by Bellingham after the game at Ibrox.

Very sad. At his peak Morelos could give pretty much any defender a torrid time. Only himself to blame for how things have panned out for his career
The tragedy of it all was Morelos was already passed his peak by the time he encountered Hummels. And by quite a distance too. He could and should have gone on to cement his legend in our colours, but just how Rangers is it that he's ended up where he is now.

Morelos threw him around like an empty tracksuit. Amazing how it can turn out. Hummels still performing at the top level 2 years later and Alfredo a million miles from what he was, never mind what he could have been.

We terrorised Akanji that night also. That could be both CHs wins CL since that night if Dortmund are victorious at Wembley

Wonder what age he'll look back and regret.

Alfredo/Alfie/Morelos, the buffalo soldier eh.

Kent was absolutely brilliant that night. Up there with the best performances I’ve ever seen from a Rangers player.

Maybe the best individual and team performance I've seen from Rangers in my lifetime.

With Alfie rag-dolling Hummels and the Dortmund defense home & away, it really was a remarkable performance over the tie.

I know I'll get slated for suggesting it, but I'd love to see Kent back under Clement's management. He's too good to be wasting away in Turkey at 26 yrs old. We know the ability is there.

Maybe the best individual and team performance I've seen from Rangers in my lifetime.

With Alfie rag-dolling Hummels and the Dortmund defense home & away, it really was a remarkable performance over the tie.

I know I'll get slated for suggesting it, but I'd love to see Kent back under Clement's management. He's too good to be wasting away in Turkey at 26 yrs old. We know the ability is there.
In fairness if he could come back with the same attitudes as big Leon. Then we might get the true Ryan Kent, who for me was a big game player, and hated by the beggars.

In fairness if he could come back with the same attitudes as big Leon. Then we might get the true Ryan Kent, who for me was a big game player, and hated by the beggars.

I thought it was more a loss of confidence in his final season, always felt Kent gave 100%.
I'd rather be going to the Piggery Saturday with RK in our team, than any of the current options, assuming Sima is out.

He's been absolute dugshite in the league and one of the reasons Dortmund are struggling to qualify for next seasons CL.

I'm always pleased to see German teams doing well in general though, albeit not so much Leipzig like most German football fans over there.

He's been absolute dugshite in the league and one of the reasons Dortmund are struggling to qualify for next seasons CL.

I'm always pleased to see German teams doing well in general though, albeit not so much Leipzig like most German football fans over there.
They have already qualified through the league have they not?

German guy on Talksport thinks they are more suited to being defensive and playing on the counter and said that’s why they have done better in the CL than in the league.

Tbh

With the right manager both would excel wherever team they were at

Kents choice was strange overall

Alfie he needs managed a certain way by a certain type of manager and the right team playing to his strengths.

Both I would like to see do all somewhere

Back