Media asking Robinson if Butland should have been sent off

It was a dreadful decision,the ramifications if they had scored from the free kick would've been incredible.

I see what you're saying but that's not right anyway. If you play the ball or a genuine attempt to play the ball then it's now a yellow for a goal scoring opportunity. Changed 2 or 3 years ago. Unless it's changed back again.
Is that not in the box. It changes that often I don't know.

I see what you're saying but that's not right anyway. If you play the ball or a genuine attempt to play the ball then it's now a yellow for a goal scoring opportunity. Changed 2 or 3 years ago. Unless it's changed back again.
You're referring to the double jeopardy rule which is only relevant inside the box.

Still it's not denying a goalscoring opportunity because Butland had legitimately cleared the ball away before any coming together.

Imagine asking if he should have been sent off. It was one of the worst refereeing decisions you’ll see anywhere on earth today by giving them a free kick for that and a fucking booking as well.

All this was after he wasn’t even giving anything for it at all, the wee prick.

Shouldn’t ever have been a booking nor a free kick but this is Scotland and this is how we do things here.
It’s this thing that referees do in Scotland of making up their own rules.

Goalkeeper came out of area to clear a ball that was in open play.. clears it and the forward ran into him in a pretty unavoidable collision.
How that’s a freekick and a booking for the goalkeeper is anyone’s guess.

Olusanya could see Butland going to play for the ball but kept running into him.

I don't think it was even accidently, his momentum didn't carry him into Butland, because he didn't even slow down when he could have slowed his run, he deliberately ran full pelt into Butland when he could see that he was going to play the ball.
The forward was entitled to go for the ball, I don’t think there’s a problem with that.

The referee judging there must be a foul because the St Mirren player ended up on the ground after the inevitable collision is lazy decision making IMO.

The media on this occasion are right. The only decision it cannot be is a booking. Its either not a foul (it wasn't) or if the ref deems it a foul, it should be a red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity. If Butland is red carded and VAR gets involved and overturns it. Walsh has made a cnut of himself here and Rangers should not let it go.
It can't be a red card as the St mirren player isn't in control of the ball so it's not a goal scoring opportunity

Whenever the subject of no Scottish referees at major tournaments requires an explanation this decision is as good an example as you could possibly need
Imagine a ref giving an award like that in a World or European game
He'd be chased out the stadium

The forward was entitled to go for the ball, I don’t think there’s a problem with that.

The referee judging there must be a foul because the St Mirren player ended up on the ground after the inevitable collision is lazy decision making IMO.
That's just it though, he didn't go for the ball. He made zero attempt to win it or even block it once he knew he would be second to it. He didn't slow himself down at all either, despite having at least a few strides before making contact. It was an absolutely bizarre challenge, the ball was already long gone and the contact wasn't even in the same area the ball originally was either. I have no idea what he was thinking.

Is that not in the box. It changes that often I don't know.
Bitton sent off against us Covid season between box and centre circle , Braga player sent off in 1/4 final Extra time game for foul on Roofe in the box ......... the definition is denying a GS opportunity without it being an attempt at a tackle/ball

Last edited:
The attacker had ample chance to pull out of the run (when he clearly had no chance of getting to the ball first) and chose to try and leave one on JB. Attacker comes off worse, gets a fk and JB a yellow. Total farce.
Up there with the worst decisions I've seen in football.
Change JB to a centre back clearing a ball and the attacker runs into him. Is the defender being penalised? Never.

You're referring to the double jeopardy rule which is only relevant inside the box.

Still it's not denying a goalscoring opportunity because Butland had legitimately cleared the ball away before any coming together.
I agree with you mate. I was replying to Boldvale who is it should be a red for a goal scoring opportunity or nothing at all.

On a different note, im just wondering if the media have a word in pundits ears to stir up controversy and debate. I noticed 10 mins after Dessers goal, and after no mention of it at the time after several replays, that Kenny Miller all of a sudden brings into question the legitimacy of his goal by suggesting Dessers puts his hands on the defenders back before he heads it in.

Butland will be painted as the new Harald Schumacher by some deranged mentally challenged on tomorrow nights phone-in and they’ll have a serious discussion about it.

As disgusting as it is predictable. Media getting infront of tye narrative. The only reason they’re protecting refs. Is because they know it helps the filth. The player ran into Butland ffs. It’s clear what happened. I want to know when we’re getting out share of decisions. We’re due hundreds.
Still our club will employ the dignified silence stance.

On a different note, im just wondering if the media have a word in pundits ears to stir up controversy and debate. I noticed 10 mins after Dessers goal, and after no mention of it at the time after several replays, that Kenny Miller all of a sudden brings into question the legitimacy of his goal by suggesting Dessers puts his hands on the defenders back before he heads it in.
KM is attempting to become the new Michael Stewart

What do you expect from ex Celtic filth

That PLZ is another one that shouldn't be allowed near us. Their show is an absolute joke, consisting of 3 or 4 fat bheast c#nts sat on a sofa, spewing over all things Rangers. It's up there with the BBC imo. They'll need to bring in a bigger sofa soon enough, to accommodate Peter McGuire's chins. He's grown a new one every week.

Back