Media asking Robinson if Butland should have been sent off

PLZ - Please Luvra Zellic

Feature on us winning league titled "Stopping the ten".

Tim TV for tims.

The media on this occasion are right. The only decision it cannot be is a booking. Its either not a foul (it wasn't) or if the ref deems it a foul, it should be a red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity. If Butland is red carded and VAR gets involved and overturns it. Walsh has made a cnut of himself here and Rangers should not let it go.
Look what happened the last time Rangers called out a referee. We got the “ poor Willie Collum” treatment despite VAR later listing it as one of the errors on review.

Flip the script and its Dessers going in on an opposition keeper ?? only 1 player being penalised and it'd be Dessers for not altering his run given he'd no chance of getting the ball and had time to pull out of challenge

One of the worst decisions I’ve ever witnessed by a referee wasn’t a foul never a yellow card not a free kick quite incredible really but it just shows the level of bias against our club we’re not playing against another team of 11 players you have to factor in the referee his assistants and the VAR team as well.

Andy Newport in the Record " Walsh got the booking correct as Butland slammed into Olusanya"
John McGarry in the Scottish Daily Mail "the keeper was correctly booked".

You couldn't make it up.
Seriously? That is even more incredible than the original ludicrous decision. No-one could possibly watch that back and feel anything other than embarrassed for the referee.

The media on this occasion are right. The only decision it cannot be is a booking. Its either not a foul (it wasn't) or if the ref deems it a foul, it should be a red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity. If Butland is red carded VAR gets involved and overturns it. Walsh has made a cnut of himself here and Rangers should not let it go.

How can Butland have denied a goal scoring opportunity when he's already booted the ball sixty yards up the park before the collision?

He's probably referring to how we accept virtually everything in the 50 years I've watched Rangers...

Do you expect the club to respond?
I don’t imagine we would know if they did. If you mean do I think they should be speaking publicly then no, I don’t.

How can Butland have denied a goal scoring opportunity when he's already booted the ball sixty yards up the park before the collision?
Jack Butland looked genuinely astonished when Walsh gave him a yellow card and awarded a free kick,JB probably thought "what is this tinpot league I'm playing in?'

It’s this thing that referees do in Scotland of making up their own rules.

Goalkeeper came out of area to clear a ball that was in open play.. clears it and the forward ran into him in a pretty unavoidable collision.
How that’s a freekick and a booking for the goalkeeper is anyone’s guess.
The forward could have avoided it, clearly.

John McGarry in the Scottish Daily Mail "the keeper was correctly booked".

You couldn't make it up.
It wasn’t even a foul. He got to the ball first and cleared it. The forward ran into him ffs. The narrative is set. Butland will recieve a red card before seasons end watch this space.

In the refs opinion, he's committed a foul doing it.

I get where you are coming from, but I'm just concentrating in clearing up the p1sh that he denied a clear scoring opportunity as that is simply not true.

The only incident that can be thought of as denying a clear goalscoring opportunity yesterday was Gogic's block on Dessers.

Rangers should be all over this.

I get where you are coming from, but I'm just concentrating in clearing up the p1sh that he denied a clear scoring opportunity as that is simply not true.

The only incident that can be thought of as denying a clear goalscoring opportunity yesterday was Gogic's block on Dessers.

Rangers should be all over this.
Not read the whole thread but no chance it’s DOGSO. If it was to be a red for anything it would have to be serious foul play for the contact.

In any case I think it’s just normal football contact. Play on.

Mcguire, Martin, Murphy, Mutant.
Changes it when it suits him.
And to think Rangers people entertain rats like this…even Walter went on that slimey c@nt’s show but I still didn’t watch it because I can’t stand these c@nts full stop and take f@ck all to do with them if I have the choice. I wish more Rangers people would do the same, I just don’t understand some people? Downright cheating from Walsh no ifs buts or maybes and that wee fat arsehole takes the piss with a question like that.

Not read the whole thread but no chance it’s DOGSO. If it was to be a red for anything it would have to be serious foul play for the contact.

In any case I think it’s just normal football contact. Play on.

I doubt any other keeper of any other club would even have received a yellow card.

And I have read on here that Walsh is one of the better refs. I never subscribed to that theory but he has proved beyond all doubt this season he's as big a cheating rat as Clancy and Co.

Passage of play not even worthy of a mention on 'Ref Watch' today. Only incidents they showed from the game were of a lighthearted nature - Cantwell being pushed into Walsh, plus the wee ball boy with the mohawk getting huckled lol

Rangers should be making sure he does. The level of incompetence/cheating is just getting worse. Either the club do something about it or one day some fan will crack.

I'm not having a go, just curious - how do we go about that?

It's not like the governing body or the media are going to help us with that. Any statement or use of club media will be ignored or lead to a fine or the likes.

We've called out referees before, even recently to the dismay of our manager, and nothing changes. What would be your suggested avenue outside of what we've already tried?

I'm not having a go, just curious - how do we go about that?

It's not like the governing body or the media are going to help us with that. Any statement or use of club media will be ignored or lead to a fine or the likes.

We've called out referees before, even recently to the dismay of our manager, and nothing changes. What would be your suggested avenue outside of what we've already tried?
Same as everyone else, question the decision through a club spokesman. Club will probably get fined, but the SPFL will have questions that they cannot continue to ignore. Rinse and repeat after evey ridiculous incident.

On a different note, im just wondering if the media have a word in pundits ears to stir up controversy and debate. I noticed 10 mins after Dessers goal, and after no mention of it at the time after several replays, that Kenny Miller all of a sudden brings into question the legitimacy of his goal by suggesting Dessers puts his hands on the defenders back before he heads it in.
I don't listen or pay attention to anything Miller says ever since he put their strip over his head ,not for me.

Same as everyone else, question the decision through a club spokesman. Club will probably get fined, but the SPFL will have questions that they cannot continue to ignore. Rinse and repeat after evey ridiculous incident.

We've done that plenty to no avail over the years though, via the manager or other spokespersons.

I think where we mainly differ here is in the notion that the SPFL can't continue to ignore it. They can and they will, especially when it's involving Rangers.

We've done that plenty to no avail over the years though, via the manager or other spokespersons.

I think where we mainly differ here is in the notion that the SPFL can't continue to ignore it. They can and they will, especially when it's involving Rangers.
If it continues to be so blatant, flick the nuclear button. Sue them and get all Scottish clubs banned from Europe. That will focus their attention.

If they think this is a foul, never mind a red card, for a player running into an opponent, then where's the outcry about us not getting a penalty in the first half when Silva runs into Gogic? Walsh gave a free kick to Dessers for the same thing later in the game

Seriously? That is even more incredible than the original ludicrous decision. No-one could possibly watch that back and feel anything other than embarrassed for the referee.
Welcome to the post-truth world of Scottish football where reality is whatever bitter Yahoo rats say it is.

Again though, if the club aren’t willing to challenge it, nothing’s going to change.

If they think this is a foul, never mind a red card, for a player running into an opponent, then where's the outcry about us not getting a penalty in the first half when Silva runs into Gogic? Walsh gave a free kick to Dessers for the same thing later in the game
That was almost as bad a decision, but you can see Walsh thinking, “Ah, it’s that diving Portuguese bastard” and he rushes in with haste to ensure there’s absolutely no penalty to Rangers given on his watch.

The commentary then more or less back Walsh up - nothing to see here, because, again, it’s Silva, isn’t it?

Eh, no, Gogic deliberately obstructs him, but even VAR didn’t want to look at it.

And this is where we are. Silva has been tarred as a theatrical diver, hence Beaton rushing to get the card out in the Old Firm game, and because the club don’t vigorously call out these inconsistencies or defend our players the narrative is set.

Back