Miovski

Shows you what 500k gets your if scout properly. But Beale knows better. Beale thought he was playing Football Manager with a bag of cash

Not as far as I’m aware.

Plenty gone back and forth over the years.

I don’t think there is a Rangers tax as such. Suspect us or them, they like to try and create a message to their fans on fighting back against the OF, but the reality is, a player can easily force a move and the sheep don’t have the balance sheet to gamble on that front.
100%

It’s another FF myth

Too late to the party, time to sign was January when we were crying out for a decent striker who took his chances, but we deemed Dessers was adequate, and here we are

Our board wouldn’t sign a striker in January to secure the league title no chance are we paying Aberdeen what they would want from us for him.

Shows you what 500k gets your if scout properly. But Beale knows better. Beale thought he was playing Football Manager with a bag of cash
Gio was still our manager when he signed for Aberdeen so I'm not sure what your point is.

Looking forward to him signing for the Tims only for those waxing lyrical in here about him to say he’s ‘shite’ and not as good as whatever pish striker we bring in next year.

There isn't a hope in hell someone is buying an Aberdeen striker for £7m or more.

He'll go for around £5m would be my guess, particularly with Aberdeen out of Europe next season.

Too late to the party, time to sign was January when we were crying out for a decent striker who took his chances, but we deemed Dessers was adequate, and here we are
And had no money to spend so had to resort to signing players on loan with option/obligation to buy. No way Aberdeen would have agreed to that

I’ll go against the thread a bit here. The “he’s the best striker in the country by a mile” comments is a bit of a stretch.

In terms of (league) goals, he’s behind Shankland and Tav. He’s also only 1 ahead of Dessers and Blair.

He also has 2 assist (the lowest in the top 10 of goal scorers in the league).

He’s a good player, a tough lad to defend against but at £5m-£7m, I would rather Shankland and Danilo to fight it out next year!!

I await the ridicule……

We have probably had similar players like miovski recently, Sakala, Itten, Colak, the difference is the players of other smaller clubs get to settle in and adjust to Scottish football with little pressure and rarely lose starting position after one bad game. we can find players at bargain prices but it’s the demands of playing at Rangers and the expectation of playing to win trophies that identifies if they will be a star, if Itten or Colàk played for Aberdeen hearts or Hibs chances are they would be firing in a barrel of goals every season and we would be looking to buy them from these other clubs so rather than paying £7m use or scouting system as it is clear Clement will give players a start and stick with them till they hopefully do get better.

He's under contract until summer 2026. The only chance we have of signing him is as a Bosman or with a nominal fee 6 months before that.

Our board simply won't pay the inflated fee the sheep would want from us before then.

He will most likely end up at Celtic.

Has plenty of goals in a very very poor aberdeen side. An immediate upgrade on Dessers so if he and lammers can be shifted then why not.

7m which is the number quoted here is mental though.

WE need decent scouts and a manager who can pick up quality players for very little. Japan China and Brasil surely must have players we could use in place of going to the English leagues. To be fair Sterling was a good move.

Back