Back Pages Monday's Back Pages - 33 images

It's a remarkable relationship this club has with the Glasgow Times newspaper - it seems never a week goes by without a good news story. This week it's a front page and two pages inside linking to a fundraiser. And, yet, there's never a word about the behaviour of their fans which has seen them banned the length and breadth of the county and their home park a no-go zone for visitors. I wonder why?

Thanks Mark, just as I feared the back pages are a nightmare read today, where do we go from here?

Thanks Mark. You know what, I hope someone at the club takes these and leaves them lying all over the canteen tables at Auchenhowie. They need to ingest this the same way are as a helpless support and use the shame as a motivational tool.

Only consolation at least is that the title is still in our own hands. We can’t possibly play as poorly again. We know what we have to do….6 wins. WATP.
Cheers Mark.

The euphoric breath of relief after the old firm- we got away with one.

Clement is trying to make a silk purse out of big egos that cannot see the fans' frustrations- to be a Ranger or even a Rangers legend. Winning now and again isn't enough for what is expected and what we were brought up with- even in the 60s when the poor biscuit tin Co-op somehow managed to buy the cream of Scottish player ( & evade the tax man???)

Apart from the chances missed, the same defensive frailties are there for all to see.
If the full-backs are pushing high, surely the cover should be there (Jack is missed) i am sorry to point fingers. There is a senior player who appears to be unable to head a ball or tackle a fish supper. His poor positioning sense has been discovered by most of the opposition, but his marks are in the highest ratings, even after yesterday's performance.
If Clement wants to overload the side of the field with the ball, then the midfield & forwards have to get the tackles in, or the full-back stays' at home -the overplay is killing us when the ball is turned over ( it can't all be lucky breaks!)
It's a bad day at the office- but to be a Ranger, they have to remember that those in the stands would die for the honour, and there are no hidden places for those not up for the call.

The fans will be ready for the next game. Let's hope the so-called stars of the team are Ready.

The euphoric breath of relief after the old firm- we got away with one.

Clement is trying to make a silk purse out of big egos that cannot see the fans' frustrations- to be a Ranger or even a Rangers legend. Winning now and again isn't enough for what is expected and what we were brought up with- even in the 60s when the poor biscuit tin Co-op somehow managed to buy the cream of Scottish player ( & evade the tax man???)

Apart from the chances missed, the same defensive frailties are there for all to see.
If the full-backs are pushing high, surely the cover should be there (Jack is missed) i am sorry to point fingers. There is a senior player who appears to be unable to head a ball or tackle a fish supper. His poor positioning sense has been discovered by most of the opposition, but his marks are in the highest ratings, even after yesterday's performance.
If Clement wants to overload the side of the field with the ball, then the midfield & forwards have to get the tackles in, or the full-back stays' at home -the overplay is killing us when the ball is turned over ( it can't all be lucky breaks!)
It's a bad day at the office- but to be a Ranger, they have to remember that those in the stands would die for the honour, and there are no hidden places for those not up for the call.

The fans will be ready for the next game. Let's hope the so-called stars of the team are Ready.
I can't believe we have so many bad players in so many positions. The defence should have been sorted out years ago but we somehow managed to concentrate our efforts into making the midfield more shite and our strike force more or less non existent.

I know we have had to deal with a long list of injuries and somehow managed that situation not too badly. It now seems that we have done the hard part and got ourselves into contention only to make an utter clown shoe of it.

Sunday's result should see most of that team out the door in the summer altho the big questions are how do we fund it all and more importantly how do we make sure we get the right players in?

Back