Morphed in to what we had become under Beale

Gio wasn't given the opportunity with the League Cup. He did, though, win the only domestic cup competition he competed for.

I haven't seen anything from Clement that we didn't see in spells from Gio + Beale. That's my concern. It's also plummeted in much the same manner - and it arguably feels worse because we've handed the title to an average Rodgers team (a side we haven't beat).

We can find solace is blaming the players (again) but Clement was appointed to rectify the situation. The mantra of 'it's not his players' can only go so far.

Of course I'm not suggesting he should be sacked. I look forward to the Summer. But I think it's reasonable to suggest he's been culpable as well during recent times.

It'll be very interesting to see how these next few weeks go.

Gio, unfortunately, took us from 6 points ahead to 4 points behind as well as oversaw some absolute hammerings at the hands of Celtic over the course of 2 separate seasons.

Beale, the less said the better about the whole thing.

Youth, he knows it well! Against Paris Saint-Germain, you may have been dazzled by the technical ability of Dutch winger Noa Lang (22 years old, trained at Ajax Amsterdam), or by the intelligence of the Belgian Charles De Ketelaere (20 years old). But Philippe Clement hasn’t stopped with bringing out these two great hopes for European football in the past two years. He also coached Krépin Diatta, who impressed at the start of the 2020-2021 season (10 goals and 2 assists in 19 games), before joining AS Monaco. Ruslan Malinovskyi, Joakim Maehle (Atalanta), Leandro Trossard (Brighton), Sander Berge (Sheffield)… He brought through a strong generation at Genk, which today is making a difference in Serie A and the Premier League .

He had a good track record with youth players previously so I find it a bit odd Rice has been nowhere to be seen. It seems he and Beale have completely different viewpoints on where his development's currently at.

Last edited:
No he won’t, you’re just talking daft.
So for the remaining 6 games if our form doesn't pick up I.e won 2 in last 8 you don't think he will be gone? Lose to Hearts, Celtic and the other 4 games go poorly, the fans won't accept that and I doubt the board will.

Not 14 games to an end of the season in such a poor manner.

Gio wasn't given the opportunity with the League Cup. He did, though, win the only domestic cup competition he competed for.

I haven't seen anything from Clement that we didn't see in spells from Gio + Beale. That's my concern. It's also plummeted in much the same manner - and it arguably feels worse because we've handed the title to an average Rodgers team (a side we haven't beat).

We can find solace is blaming the players (again) but Clement was appointed to rectify the situation. The mantra of 'it's not his players' can only go so far.

Of course I'm not suggesting he should be sacked. I look forward to the Summer. But I think it's reasonable to suggest he's been culpable as well during recent times.

It'll be very interesting to see how these next few weeks go.
Spot on. Identical starts from each of them...Things greatly improve from the previous manager. Then the serial losers take over and consider the job done.

Until they get the next guy sacked.

11 players on the pitch not a clue what they are doing.

No Plan A never mind a Plan B

Substitutions for the sake of a change of player.

Pick on any player you like but the buck stops at Clement.

Standing applauding a free kick in the closing minutes that Tav blooters in to the stand.
We've not morphed into anything. This is Beale's team. We had a massive turnover of players last summer and this is what he left us with. We'll morph into Clement's team when he gets the ins and outs he thinks we need in summer. Or starts to at least, because I doubt it's a one window job. That's the time to judge him.

So for the remaining 6 games if our form doesn't pick up I.e won 2 in last 8 you don't think he will be gone? Lose to Hearts, Celtic and the other 4 games go poorly, the fans won't accept that and I doubt the board will.

Not 14 games to an end of the season in such a poor manner.
No he won't. He'll get the opportunity to get his own squad in. Just as GvB should have done. Hopefully the board have learned from that and will ignore the hysterical 'hire and fire' element within our fan base and accept the fact that building a team takes time. Or are you happy with the current squad and think a new manager will turn them into world beaters? When Clement came in, did you think this squad would even be in a title race in April? Win our EL group? Win the League Cup? Be in the semi final of the Scottish Cup? Still in with a chance of a treble, however remote it seems right now? I'm going to guess not. Stick with the cycle of changing the manager every season and we'll stick with a cycle of failure.
Ironic user name incidentally. Sound like a bit of a surrender monkey.

No he won't. He'll get the opportunity to get his own squad in. Just as GvB should have done. Hopefully the board have learned from that and will ignore the hysterical 'hire and fire' element within our fan base and accept the fact that building a team takes time. Or are you happy with the current squad and think a new manager will turn them into world beaters? When Clement came in, did you think this squad would even be in a title race in April? Win our EL group? Win the League Cup? Be in the semi final of the Scottish Cup? Still in with a chance of a treble, however remote it seems right now? I'm going to guess not. Stick with the cycle of changing the manager every season and we'll stick with a cycle of failure.
Ironic user name incidentally. Sound like a bit of a surrender monkey.
I diagree. The board and fans wont stand for a run I've described.

You disagreed that if results don't pick up he will be gone. You think Clement is immune to results.

I'm not asking him to turn that squad into world beaters but 5 points from 5 SPFL games is an abysmal run.

We have a squad good enough to take care of all of those 5 games.

He's played his part in that collapse.

Nice snidey sign off.

We've not morphed into anything. This is Beale's team. We had a massive turnover of players last summer and this is what he left us with. We'll morph into Clement's team when he gets the ins and outs he thinks we need in summer. Or starts to at least, because I doubt it's a one window job. That's the time to judge him.

No, it’s some of the players signed by Beale, about 50% of the squad were here before Beale took over.

Let’s stop trying to blame Beale 6 months after he left, the fact we went on a run of only 1 defeat 1 draw in the 24 domestic games after Beale left showed the players had something.

The fact these same players have only won 2 out their last 8 games including a home defeat to Motherwell and our first ever defeat to Ross County tells me this is a Clement problem.

Yes there are injuries but not the extent we’ve had, and we are regressing.

Standing applauding a free kick in the closing minutes that Tav blooters in to the stand.

Baffles me people are looking at the manager here.

The same players, as soon as a single bit of pressure is on them capitulate.

He's had one window with no money to address it and people somehow expect him to have a sub on the bench that'll magically change things.

These same common players have done the same thing for three years in a row now. Some of Beale's signings were rotten. Some of Gio's were poor too. The common denominator is the long term ones who do the same thing to each manager.

It's not the managers. It's Tav, Goldson, Lundstram and the rest who are permanently injuired / half fit that are our issues.

The players "have something" til there's the slightest bit of real pressure on them and they, as they've done time and time again, collectively shit the bed.

Even with a few missing, that squad is multi million pounds more than Dundee, Ross county, Motherwell. Put a joiner in the sparks job and a plumber cutting hair and you have a shit show. He rotaes for the sake of rotation with effective players in ineffective positions. We must have the worse press in the spl. We hoof long balls but there's no passion to fight the 2nd balls leaving huge gaps in midfield to walk through. Our back line including Lundstram continually kill the tempo offering little transition. A lot of that is not down to not having your own players. It seems more like instructions as it's the same most weeks now

Baffles me people are looking at the manager here.

The same players, as soon as a single bit of pressure is on them capitulate.

He's had one window with no money to address it and people somehow expect him to have a sub on the bench that'll magically change things.

These same common players have done the same thing for three years in a row now. Some of Beale's signings were rotten. Some of Gio's were poor too. The common denominator is the long term ones who do the same thing to each manager.

It's not the managers. It's Tav, Goldson, Lundstram and the rest who are permanently injuired / half fit that are our issues.

The players "have something" til there's the slightest bit of real pressure on them and they, as they've done time and time again, collectively shit the bed.

Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Jack were main stays in the Gerrard teams that lost something like 1 out of his last 8 games to celtic, yet we have the same dullards on here telling us they constantly sh!t it. Roofe, Wright, Lundstram, Balogun all latterly were involved.

How many of them were involved in our run to Seville ? The much maligned Scott Wright even started both the semi’s v Leipzig

What it tells me is they 8 players I mentioned are all 3 years older and if not replaced should not be playing the minutes they are.

Tav, Goldson and Lundstram look like they are running through treacle, they are clearly fatigued but yet Clement sees the need to play them virtually every minute of every game.

Our dip in form has been due to Clement’s team selections questionable tactics and clear and obvious lack of a Plan B.

We look exactly like we did under Beale, players running about not sure what they have to do, no shape, so the natural instinct is do the safe thing, sideways backways, the horseshoe of all horseshoes.

Youth, he knows it well! Against Paris Saint-Germain, you may have been dazzled by the technical ability of Dutch winger Noa Lang (22 years old, trained at Ajax Amsterdam), or by the intelligence of the Belgian Charles De Ketelaere (20 years old). But Philippe Clement hasn’t stopped with bringing out these two great hopes for European football in the past two years. He also coached Krépin Diatta, who impressed at the start of the 2020-2021 season (10 goals and 2 assists in 19 games), before joining AS Monaco. Ruslan Malinovskyi, Joakim Maehle (Atalanta), Leandro Trossard (Brighton), Sander Berge (Sheffield)… He brought through a strong generation at Genk, which today is making a difference in Serie A and the Premier League .

He had a good track record with youth players previously so I find it a bit odd Rice has been nowhere to be seen. It seems he and Beale have completely different viewpoints on where his development's currently at.

PC has said why Rice and the rest aren’t getting game time, they don’t do enough off the ball. All talented to a degree on it but won’t track the runs, put in the tackles or close the spaces and that it’s been passed onto Jacobs, McCallum and the rest to sort out.

I’m hopefully that the signings of Dio, Cortes and Silva are signs that we want to get younger talent in not the ones that have faded and needing a kickstart to try and re find it.

He left us with 13 wins out of 24 the start of the season, we should’ve been out of sight, celtic had their worst start to a season.

Folk forget GvB gained more points per game than Gerrard had achieved that season, we actually improved, just celtic did more significantly.
GVB did blow a 6 point lead which I think was diabolical. That collapse at Ross County at the time and a draw at Tannadice we should have won.

That entire playing squad have cost manager, after manager their jobs. Instead of firing managers, the lot of them should be chased down Edmiston Drive. Useless, cowardly yellow-bellies.

GVB did blow a 6 point lead which I think was diabolical. That collapse at Ross County at the time and a draw at Tannadice we should have won.

Had we had VAR

Baldwin of Ross County would’ve been sent off within 15 minutes of the 3-3 draw.

This was the game at Tannadice

Dundee United stopper Ross Graham clearly pulls Rangers star Fashion Sakala's top

GvB did say there was nothing we could do till we got VAR.

He wasn’t wrong, is it 11 of our penalties this season that have been “missed” by the referee and awarded by VAR.

With VAR we would’ve won the league,

Weirdly despite going off the boil we are only behind because of how liberally VAR is used in relation to celtic in games against us.

Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Jack were main stays in the Gerrard teams that lost something like 1 out of his last 8 games to celtic, yet we have the same dullards on here telling us they constantly sh!t it. Roofe, Wright, Lundstram, Balogun all latterly were involved.

How many of them were involved in our run to Seville ? The much maligned Scott Wright even started both the semi’s v Leipzig

What it tells me is they 8 players I mentioned are all 3 years older and if not replaced should not be playing the minutes they are.

Tav, Goldson and Lundstram look like they are running through treacle, they are clearly fatigued but yet Clement sees the need to play them virtually every minute of every game.

Our dip in form has been due to Clement’s team selections questionable tactics and clear and obvious lack of a Plan B.

We look exactly like we did under Beale, players running about not sure what they have to do, no shape, so the natural instinct is do the safe thing, sideways backways, the horseshoe of all horseshoes.

We look nothing like we did under Beale. Since the change of manager we've caught right up on Celtic until the point these players had pressure on them and they've shat it again. Just as they've done before.

What Plan B you meant to have with Ben Davies and a four months since his last start Kemar Roofe as options?

You've got two choices in the summer. You either empty the mainstays of the team who continually let us down at crunch time or we change the manager who has at least got us to some form of challenge this year. What do you think is the most sensible option?

We look nothing like we did under Beale. Since the change of manager we've caught right up on Celtic until the point these players had pressure on them and they've shat it again. Just as they've done before.

What Plan B you meant to have with Ben Davies and a four months since his last start Kemar Roofe as options?

You've got two choices in the summer. You either empty the mainstays of the team who continually let us down at crunch time or we change the manager who has at least got us to some form of challenge this year. What do you think is the most sensible option?
They had pressure on them chasing celtc down, when you're behind chasing there is massive pressure because 1 slip and you're done.
They had pressure on them in the League Cup final.
There is pressure every single game playing for Rangers until it's mathematically impossible to catch them.
Guys like you just can't decide what is a pressure game to suit your simpleton agenda.

Had we had VAR

Baldwin of Ross County would’ve been sent off within 15 minutes of the 3-3 draw.

This was the game at Tannadice

Dundee United stopper Ross Graham clearly pulls Rangers star Fashion Sakala's top's top

GvB did say there was nothing we could do till we got VAR.

He wasn’t wrong, is it 11 of our penalties this season that have been “missed” by the referee and awarded by VAR.

With VAR we would’ve won the league,

Weirdly despite going off the boil we are only behind because of how liberally VAR is used in relation to celtic in games against us.
Also this season we would prob have beaten Motherwell at home if that player of there's had been sent off for the challenge on McCausland.

Facts don't go down well on FF.

They had pressure on them chasing celtc down, when you're behind chasing there is massive pressure because 1 slip and you're done.
They had pressure on them in the League Cup final.
There is pressure every single game playing for Rangers until it's mathematically impossible to catch them.
Guys like you just can't decide what is a pressure game to suit your simpleton agenda.

Nah, they revel in the chase. Their issue is when push comes to shove, they fall down every time.

There shouldn't be pressure (beyond the norm in any final) to beat an Aberdeen team which can't even finish top 6. Despite their efforts against us, they're shite.

Our players have made it a thing by collapsing in many games to the point people are questioning their mettle and even Sterling is saying similar.

Every game is a pressure game for Rangers if you want to be stupidly simplistic about it.

People like you want to give the same players the same pass despite their same failings year on year.

No one will tell me that we can beat Dundee and Ross County all season and then, when crunch time hits, it's for a reason that isn't bloody well obvious.

Hopefully this summer the usual suspects are emptied and can install a spine of the team that aren't bottling shitehawks.

Facts don't go down well on FF.

Those "facts" completely ignore the fact they were aided by a peak Morelos and Kent and our best defender of the last decade in Helander along with the likes of Aribo and Bassey.

Jack being mentioned is great. We should have played him in the last two games...oh no, wait...there's a reason for that absence.

What we're left with are those players who cannot get over the line. You keep make excuses for them though despite all the evidence staring you in the face.

I diagree. The board and fans wont stand for a run I've described.

You disagreed that if results don't pick up he will be gone. You think Clement is immune to results.

I'm not asking him to turn that squad into world beaters but 5 points from 5 SPFL games is an abysmal run.

We have a squad good enough to take care of all of those 5 games.

He's played his part in that collapse.

Nice snidey sign off.
Manager comes in and takes over a squad almost universally accepted to be piss poor. Recruitment was so bad, two of the summer signings are fired out the door at the earliest opportunity. It could have been more, because others are clearly nowhere near good enough. Confidence at rock bottom. New manager comes in and the expectations are that the season is already pretty much a write off. Certainly the league season. He'll use the remainder of the season to assess the squad and see what needs done in the summer. But he gets us winning. Gets us into a title race no-one expected us to be in (and are still in however unlikely it looks now). Wins the first domestic trophy of the season. Into the semi final of the other. Tops the EL group. Effectively he way over achieves for 6 months, then when the players who were universally accepted to be crap 6 months ago revert to type, the manager's position is under threat? Nah, not for me. He came in and put lipstick on a pig of a squad and got them looking presentable. Now the lipstick is wearing off. Some supporters, a noisy minority, no doubt will want the revolving door of the managers office to keep whirling round if the season peters out. But I think a significant majority will see the bigger picture and recognise where the real issues lie. Another knee-jerk reaction is the last thing we need. With the possible exception of Chelsea for a while, I can't think of a single club where hiring and firing managers every year has been a successful strategy and we don't have an Oligarch to fund it the way they did.

As for the sign off, you're right. It was unnecessary. Apologies.

Nah, they revel in the chase. Their issue is when push comes to shove, they fall down every time.

There shouldn't be pressure (beyond the norm in any final) to beat an Aberdeen team which can't even finish top 6. Despite their efforts against us, they're shite.

Our players have made it a thing by collapsing in many games to the point people are questioning their mettle and even Sterling is saying similar.

Every game is a pressure game for Rangers if you want to be stupidly simplistic about it.

People like you want to give the same players the same pass despite their same failings year on year.

No one will tell me that we can beat Dundee and Ross County all season and then, when crunch time hits, it's for a reason that isn't bloody well obvious.

Hopefully this summer the usual suspects are emptied and can install a spine of the team that aren't bottling shitehawks.
It’s not the same players, 3 out of 11, to say it’s the same players is lies.
So what about the other 8, did we sign 8 bottlers, 8 bottling shitehawks, your words?

No, it’s some of the players signed by Beale, about 50% of the squad were here before Beale took over.

Let’s stop trying to blame Beale 6 months after he left, the fact we went on a run of only 1 defeat 1 draw in the 24 domestic games after Beale left showed the players had something.

The fact these same players have only won 2 out their last 8 games including a home defeat to Motherwell and our first ever defeat to Ross County tells me this is a Clement problem.

Absolutely no way I'm going to stop blaming Beale. He bought the wrong players, kept the wrong players and didn't upgrade the players he let go. This is his squad. Clement had them over achieving for a while, but it's still the piss poor squad he took over. He had 5 / 6 really good months, way above what anyone expected when he arrived, followed by a few bad weeks (at a time of the season when that 50% of the squad you talk of usually have a few bad weeks) and people want the manager sacked. Unreal.

Listen, some people are clearly happy for us to hire and fire managers on a yearly basis and I'm not arguing the toss. It's madness. Utter lunacy.

Those "facts" completely ignore the fact they were aided by a peak Morelos and Kent and our best defender of the last decade in Helander along with the likes of Aribo and Bassey.

Jack being mentioned is great. We should have played him in the last two games...oh no, wait...there's a reason for that absence.

What we're left with are those players who cannot get over the line. You keep make excuses for them though despite all the evidence staring you in the face.
So we’ve replaced the players you’ve mentioned above with inferior players?
Maybe that’s why we’re not good enough?…so rather than being a simpleton, howling at the moon shouting ‘shitebags’, take into consideration different elements.

I think we’re all in agreement this squad are absolutely dire.. Right through it, minus a couple of exceptions.
So how you saying the buck stops with him.??
No matter the formations and subs he decides to make, he ain’t going to make them world beaters overnight.

You are all over the place here.

Where and when is it you are talking about ?

Morelos rarely turned up v celtic, him missing the penalty v 10 man celtic at Hampden cost us the Cup Final. He had 4 defeats 1 draw his last 5 games v celtic. He was out injured for the quarters, semi’s and Final of the Europa League. He ended unfit and unreliable. How many red cards did Morelos get for us ? 50% of the total we received as a team during his time with us. He is struggling for a Club.

Kent was a relative success for the outlay, but currently can’t get a game in Turkey even in the Conference league. He had 1 win in his last 9 games v celtic.

Helander played in a total of 5 games v celtic over 3 seasons, again no where near our Europa league run since the 0-0 v Alashkert.

Aribo has never been replaced but again like Kent struggling to get a game in a Championship side.

Bassey was dropped by Gerrard for every big game, GvB completely transformed him overnight from someone no one wanted to see again on here after his performance in the cup defeat to St Mirren, to a £20million asset that looks like had to be sold along with Patterson and Aribo to keep the lights on.

We absolutely can - he signed several players who aren’t good enough, kept players who should have left by now, embarrassed us against PSV, had us 7 points behind in the league when October had barely started and clinging on by our fingernails in our Europa League group.

I know you’ve never really got over Gio being sacked, but whether you’re desperate to defend this group of players or just don’t like Clement, it comes across as desperate.

If we are to improve next season we need to sell and move players on to get the necessary funds otherwise they'll be very little funds available imo. The board, the players agents and Clement have a huge job on their hands in the summer to get our dead wood shifted out. We need to get wages freed up, gain transfer fees where possible and then get players in that will probably come in on free transfers or low fees. Huge ask considering the amount that 'should' be leaving and the amount that needs to come in. I think a few familar faces will still be around next season.

It’s not the same players, 3 out of 11, to say it’s the same players is lies.
So what about the other 8, did we sign 8 bottlers, 8 bottling shitehawks, your words?

I'm gonna suggest the majority of them are bottlers, aye.

Beyond the three biggest culprits in Tav, Goldson (whose achievements amount to one special years three seasons back) and Lundstram (a single important goal in a massive game) the likes of Cantwell, Dowell, Lawrence, Matondo and Raskin don't have what it takes to play for us.

They might have talent but they aren't winners.

There's, at best, a couple in the squad who might manage in a team of winners.

Until we empty the first three mentioned, we'll continue down this same path.

All they had to do was poke their way past two really poor football teams and they shat it on both occasions which would likely put Celtic into a meltdown.

They don't have the balls for it.

He keeps playing the same players who are contributing nothing, maybe because they have played too much, but at the end of the day, his selections and tactics have been a disgrace.
May be down to the fact he only had the same pool of players to pick from. Alternatively, he could innovate and put some academy lads out there and watch them get fvck kicked out them every game by jobbing hammer throwers. That's the choice he has. He is trying to squeeze the last of the toothpaste out the tube with this lot, there's not much more he can do.

So we’ve replaced the players you’ve mentioned above with inferior players?
Maybe that’s why we’re not good enough?…so rather than being a simpleton, howling at the moon shouting ‘shitebags’, take into consideration different elements.

Nah, they're not neccesarily worse players and even in they were, they're still better than the opposition we've faced in the last two games where they've collapsed.

We don't need a £25m+ Bassey or a peak Morelos / Kent to get past absolute dung like Ross County.

What we've got is more than capable of doing so and they've proved it in the early part of every season. When it comes to the crunch, they fail time and again.

I'm not sure what you can deny about that.

Was also near on three years ago.

Since then our recruitment has been shocking and we are left with dross all over the park: Dowell, Lawrence, Matondo, Dessers, having to play Sterling at left back because we've yet another injury prone LB in Ridvan.

It was clear see over last to games aginst Ross county and Dundee the Beal factor still there. If not worse them 2 games need a clear out. Barisic Tav Goldson raskin dowall dessers Matondo

We absolutely can - he signed several players who aren’t good enough, kept players who should have left by now, embarrassed us against PSV, had us 7 points behind in the league when October had barely started and clinging on by our fingernails in our Europa League group.

I know you’ve never really got over Gio being sacked, but whether you’re desperate to defend this group of players or just don’t like Clement, it comes across as desperate.

Aye nae bother, we are getting beat by Motherwell at home, Ross County for the first time in our history, drawing 0-0 with Dundee because of a guy that left 6 months ago

This was the team that pumped Dundee at Dens in November

Butland
Tav Goldson
Balogun Yilmaz
Jack Lundstram
Lammers
Wright Danilo Sima

Subs used Cantwell, Cifuentes, Dessers, Dowell, McCausland

So you tell me why if by the comments on here Lammers and Wright are sh!te, Jack is a waste of space, Sterling is our best player how could we put out a stronger team and not win.

How about Beale lost to Kilmarock, Aberdeen, Celtic

Clement came in he played players in natural positions, we went on a run of one defeat in 28 because we had structure, wide men comfortable wide, McCausland and Wright played in over 20 of these games on the right. We even beat Motherwell away with Matondo right Wright left.

Clement then tinkered, put Sterling wide left v Motherwell home, we got beat, put Silva wide left v Benfica, a curveball that worked as we drew, it’s failed we’ve failed as a team v Benfica home, celtic home, Ross County away, Dundee away because Clement changed how he set up. Not just that round peg square hole, the same in midfield, Lundstram needs a Jack, Raskin or Sterling in there beside him, someone that knows how to tackle, how to press and close down, that is not a Cantwell, Lawrence or Dowell.

He has now lost to Celtic, Motherwell, Ross County, drew with Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee, how about this for a novel idea all because he is not using the players available him in the correct manner

You are all over the place here.

Where and when is it you are talking about ?

Morelos rarely turned up v celtic, him missing the penalty v 10 man celtic at Hampden cost us the Cup Final. He had 4 defeats 1 draw his last 5 games v celtic. He was out injured for the quarters, semi’s and Final of the Europa League. He ended unfit and unreliable. How many red cards did Morelos get for us ? 50% of the total we received as a team during his time with us. He is struggling for a Club.

Kent was a relative success for the outlay, but currently can’t get a game in Turkey even in the Conference league. He had 1 win in his last 9 games v celtic.

Helander played in a total of 5 games v celtic over 3 seasons, again no where near our Europa league run since the 0-0 v Alashkert.

Aribo has never been replaced but again like Kent struggling to get a game in a Championship side.

Bassey was dropped by Gerrard for every big game, GvB completely transformed him overnight from someone no one wanted to see again on here after his performance in the cup defeat to St Mirren, to a £20million asset that looks like had to be sold along with Patterson and Aribo to keep the lights on.

You can keep making all the excuses you want for Tav, Goldson and Lundstram but until we clear them out, we'll never win the league.

You can try any manager you like. They'll form part of a squad that will continually let you down.

They're the common denomiator and they're the ultimate reason that any set of players who come after our 55 performance will fail too.

Their time is riddled with it.

The uncomfortable truth is that Clement needs to be able to put his own team out before being judged fully.

When I look at the players he seems to favour I have more hope. More like Dio and Cortes less like Silva

That’s generous these days. At most clubs in Europe, the structure is such that the manager needs to coach the players at his disposal and get results.

So while I’d have agreed with you in the past, the old excuse of these guys not being his players is fair but it can’t exempt him from some terrible results and performances of late.

You can keep making all the excuses you want for Tav, Goldson and Lundstram but until we clear them out, we'll never win the league.

You can try any manager you like. They'll form part of a squad that will continually let you down.

They're the common denomiator and they're the ultimate reason that any set of players who come after our 55 performance will fail too.

Their time is riddled with it.

I am not making excuses I’m giving explanations.

As I just said on another thread Tav, Goldson, Lundstram the only 3 in our squad not dropped/rested/rotated/subbed. All in their 30s and should not be playing the minutes they are, they are the leggiest looking in the team, I’m not denying that, they are physically and mentally fatigued.

The common denominator in it all is the Manager. Consistently one of the first names on the team sheet;

Tav - Warburton, Pedro, Murty, Gerrard, GvB, Beale, Clement
Goldson - Gerrard, GvB, Beale, Clement
Lundstram - Gerrard, GvB, Beale, Clement

They all can’t be tactical geniuses or clowns. We can go watch as much football as we want but these guys have played, coached, managed at the top level, they all can’t have the same blind spot for the same players. It’s just not possible.

I am not making excuses I’m giving explanations.

As I just said on another thread Tav, Goldson, Lundstram the only 3 in our squad not dropped/rested/rotated/subbed. All in their 30s and should not be playing the minutes they are, they are the leggiest looking in the team, I’m not denying that, they are physically and mentally fatigued.

The common denominator in it all is the Manager. Consistently one of the first names on the team sheet;

Tav - Warburton, Pedro, Murty, Gerrard, GvB, Beale, Clement
Goldson - Gerrard, GvB, Beale, Clement
Lundstram - Gerrard, GvB, Beale, Clement

They all can’t be tactical geniuses or clowns. We can go watch as much football as we want but these guys have played, coached, managed at the top level, they all can’t have the same blind spot for the same players. It’s just not possible.

Let's not pretend Pedro, Murty and Beale have enough clout to be considered as not having problems.

There's two managers in there in Gio and Clement and a rookie in Gerrard.

They've all been let down over the period by the common denomiator.

It's just not possible that they're such a consistent part of the same issue and not the majority of the problem if you want to look at it that way.

I don't believe PC can take responsibility for them.

He does what he can but if they have the heart of a mouse there's nothing we can do.

It's the 3rd manager they have done this under, it can't be the managers fault. It's the players and the clear out must happen.
Absolutely this.

PC shouldn't even have had to deal with this scenario as the clear out should have happened pre Beale.

We could have Mourinho in his prime and Goldson would still make a mental error or Tav would slip up at a key moment.

The fans know its the core senior players of this squad who are the root cause, why won't the board sanction a clear out.

Sensational post mate

A managers job is to manage the team and get the best out of them.

If the team fail the manager has failed. And both share that responsibility.

When I say fail, I don't mean just a loss, I mean what has happened to us, a monumental collapse.

Let's not pretend Pedro, Murty and Beale have enough clout to be considered as not having problems.

There's two managers in there in Gio and Clement and a rookie in Gerrard.

They've all been let down over the period by the common denomiator.

It's just not possible that they're such a consistent part of the same issue and not the majority of the problem if you want to look at it that way.

I’m not arguing that Tav, Goldson and Lundstram have been extremely poor recently, however Clement has had options to rest them.

We are not GvB levels of having 10 first team players out injured and having to play 5th 6th choice centre halves.

Clement has been picking the players giving Balogun, King, Davies, Raskin, Rice, McKinnon virtually zero minutes. Wrapping Roofe up in cotton wool, for what.

Had we went 2 wins in 8 when Clement came in you’d understand but 6 months later after having a run of 1 loss in 28 he starts tinkering stops rotating, round pegs square holes that is why we look exactly how we did towards the end of Beale. Dominate possession, hunners of corners, attempts at goal but concede with almost every attempt on goal. Easiest team in the league to play through midfield.

Back