Mygers points being updated

The fact we’ve apparently gained a year but lost only one year tells you what the club have decided. We appear to be sticking with 5 years.
Not necessarily. That season had to drop off regardless, if they decide to make it 3 if just means another window of removing points

It’ll be a closed shop? It already is

My sons silver and without it changing to 3 years I honestly can’t see him ever reaching gold those at the top will continue to buy and won’t ever leave gold. Unless they changed the tier to 10k the rest won’t ever reach it

I’ll be wanting a refund for his membership and I’m sure I won’t be alone.
It’s warming to see people are starting to realise what the outcomes going to be

They’ll eventually remove TC so that it’s domestic tickets and add ons only for the above reason

Not necessarily. That season had to drop off regardless, if they decide to make it 3 if just means another window of removing points
I agree it’s not cut and dry but if they were going to remove 3 years why not do it when they were removing 1? My money is on us staying with 5 years.

I agree it’s not cut and dry but if they were going to remove 3 years why not do it when they were removing 1? My money is on us staying with 5 years.
Because as Greg said, final decisions not been made yet

Leaving the 16/17 season still included would’ve added even more work for them too when it comes to removing points so just made a start because they knew it was definitely coming off

Leaving the 16/17 season still included would’ve added even more work for them too when it comes to removing points so just made a start because they knew it was definitely coming off
As a software pro (not saying that makes me a definitive expert), I don’t think they would have gone to the considerable effort of removing 1 year if there was the possibility they’d need to remove another 2. I think they would have just added this year then waited for a final decision. In my opinion, the decision has been made to stay with 5 years. Also, I don’t think Greg said final decision hasn’t been made.

As a software pro (not saying that makes me a definitive expert), I don’t think they would have gone to the considerable effort of removing 1 year if there was the possibility they’d need to remove another 2. I think they would have just added this year then waited for a final decision. In my opinion, the decision has been made to stay with 5 years. Also, I don’t think Greg said final decision hasn’t been made.
Mate, they use excel spreadsheets and add points manually

This is the same crew who didn’t filter a spreadsheet right and people got both Hearts and Aberdeen in 19/20 season in error haha

You’re giving them too much credit here :D

The majority high in gold are those that put Rangers first. Make the sacrifices it does take to follow Rangers everywhere. And it frustrates me, what is meant to be a loyalty membership scheme, does not really reward those that always put Rangers first - except for European matches.
If it was really a loyalty scheme then it would award points going back to 2012 - but that wouldn't be a moneymaker.

Never knew that but I know I got one in 2nd ballot
Which shouldn’t have happened as I know you’ll be on friendlies scheme. The only reason it was a second ballot was due to capacity increase

If capacity didn’t get increased you wouldn’t have got a ticket through your rangers number

Do you honestly believe the club haven’t already decided on this, imo 3 years will keep the chasing pack interested and that in turn means more money, that’s all the club cares about

Do you honestly believe the club haven’t already decided on this, imo 3 years will keep the chasing pack interested and that in turn means more money, that’s all the club cares about
I think they’ll know their preference but as mentioned before, everything gets signed off by someone at board level

So until that’s been done, there’s no guarantees

Which shouldn’t have happened as I know you’ll be on friendlies scheme. The only reason it was a second ballot was due to capacity increase

If capacity didn’t get increased you wouldn’t have got a ticket through your rangers number
I know mate

God, how could I forget the Real Madrid debacle :D

Mygers members that weren’t on friendlies cccs getting ahead of us for fairness. They got lucky with the stadium capacity increases with that, did they not apologise?

Then there’s the October update cock up where silvers got promoted artificially for 2 games getting tickets they weren’t entitled to, before being relegated again haha

I wish I kept a list
They weren't even going to cancel them either

We were to just get shafted and deal with it

There was a guy who got Celtic and Hearts away back to back last year because he had just been promoted to Gold so was behind the rest of gold with tickets received

No doubt the same will happen again this season

There was a guy who got Celtic and Hearts away back to back last year because he had just been promoted to Gold so was behind the rest of gold with tickets received

and theres me in gold with no motherwell celtic or hearts

There was someone that didn’t buy their Motherwell they got offered, then got allocated hearts and Celtic

There was someone that didn’t buy their Motherwell they got offered, then got allocated hearts and Celtic
That's right

Actually tempted to try play the system this season but you run the risk of them making games like they did with the first Hearts game last year - certain amount of registrations

The fact they never done this for Celtic or the second hearts game was bemusing

Mate, they use excel spreadsheets and add points manually

This is the same crew who didn’t filter a spreadsheet right and people got both Hearts and Aberdeen in 19/20 season in error haha

You’re giving them too much credit here :D
I'm both amazed and not surprised at all that none of this is done using databases.

That's right

Actually tempted to try play the system this season but you run the risk of them making games like they did with the first Hearts game last year - certain amount of registrations

The fact they never done this for Celtic or the second hearts game was bemusing
Ohh infact, that’s another change of the T&Cs I had forgot about

Criteria for Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs away in round 1 of fixtures but no criteria for Hearts/Celtic in round 2 of fixtures :D

They’re consistently inconsistent, that’s one thing you can say about them

I'm both amazed and not surprised at all that none of this is done using databases.
When the error became public there was a lot of irate people on here.

Apologies were forthcoming, we’ll ensure it won’t happen again bla bla bla but refused to re-do the Aberdeen ballot

It’s funny when they try and bury the cock ups because anyone with a brain knows they’ve got previous.

Publicly they’re still denying the October Q2 update error with people being promoted temporarily in error and benefitting with St Mirren/Motherwell tickets, but in private I had it confirmed they knew there was an error. Why was there not a public apology instead of treating us with contempt

On the terms and conditions, if it wasn't for on here I would genuinely have had no idea the away points were changing and would have just assumed the points that is on that picture that shows what you get points for. Was the change ever communicated anywhere as if it was must have missed it?

On the terms and conditions, if it wasn't for on here I would genuinely have had no idea the away points were changing and would have just assumed the points that is on that picture that shows what you get points for. Was the change ever communicated anywhere as if it was must have missed it?
Don’t believe it was ever emailed out or communicated to people. Only place I’d seen it discussed was on here

Can't believe some want a refund for £50 if is stays at 5 years. Loyal right enough.
I’ve well over 1800 points I’ll always be gold.

I don’t disagree with it staying at 5 years my issue was renewing my son’s membership. He got 2 games last season st Johnstone and Dundee I could have picked up 100 spares for either game, he got no games I was successful for even with linked F&F. It was honestly pointless.

They had it in the T&Cs it was changing to 3 years so I renewed his membership and we were excited of the prospect of potentially taking him to Parkhead or Tynecastle etc. I’m not apart of a supporters club so highly unlikely I’ll ever pick up tickets for the bigger games although we’ll still be at every game we can get tickets for. Now it looks like I’ll have to break it to him there’s zero chance of parkhead etc he’ll be gutted.

I’ll be fully expecting a full refund on his Mygers membership!

I don’t disagree with it staying at 5 years my issue was renewing my son’s membership. He got 2 games last season st Johnstone and Dundee I could have picked up 100 spares for either game, he got no games I was successful for even with linked F&F. It was honestly pointless.

They had it in the T&Cs it was changing to 3 years so I renewed his membership and we were excited of the prospect of potentially taking him to Parkhead or Tynecastle etc. I’m not apart of a supporters club so highly unlikely I’ll ever pick up tickets for the bigger games although we’ll still be at every game we can get tickets for. Now it looks like I’ll have to break it to him there’s zero chance of parkhead etc he’ll be gutted.

I’ll be fully expecting a full refund his Mygers membership!
There are hundreds in Gold that never got Parkhead,Hearts or Aberdeen from MyGers .

I’ll be fully expecting a full refund his Mygers membership!
Not to be pedantic but that’s nothing to do with mygers, in fairness.

In the old cccs it would’ve taken approximate 26 years for every cccs away member to get 1 Parkhead ticket based on away cccs getting 300 at the time

By that I mean 2 games at Parkhead for 26 seasons, fans would’ve only got 1 game out of that

With mygers, it’s only circa 250 tickets that go to mygers gold. It would take 6 seasons for everyone to get one through their ST if gold stayed the same and everyone was given 1

The issue at Parkhead isn’t because of mygers, it’s the taboo subject that’s the elephant in the room

Last edited by a moderator:
Back