Mygers Update

Don’t think the club would be that stupid to do that but we’ll soon see.

If they ever done so they would need to cap the number of points members could get or it would get silly. In saying that, the idea in principle is silly enough
I don’t think merch will ever be included. They don’t need to add points for folk to buy

Hibs missing from mine, sent an email about 10 minutes ago and got auto response.

Went back in to check something and they have already added it. Hibs game showing in the order history and points total updated to correct number.

Not even had an email back yet, but credit where it’s due

Or do away with tiers and make them irrelevant like Hampden/european aways?
they probably need a simplistic way to categorise groups / cutoffs for ticket applications etc.

I would suggest they have 5:
Cat 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Cat 1 would be for the top 1000 people,
Cat 2 1001etc

If you make it to Cat 1 (& manage to maintain fhe points to be in that category (minus season year deductions) , you would be guaranteed ticket for every away game you apply for (*where of course the available tickets is greater than that number / hospitality / player allocations

Folk I’m sure would start going on about closed shop etc , but in reality those top 1000 people are going anyway , it would just be rangers officially recognising there longstanding dedication / cutting down the hassle for them running about trying to get the tickets

(& no I’m not in that category any longer:) , I am high gold, will probably need a few years to be deducted yet before I drop down with the euro aways coming off

Hibs missing for both myself and my grandson.
Email sent; got a generic automatic reply;
guessing they`re being swamped with folk pointing out missing points.
It was pointed out to them before the update was published that there was lots of errors. Everyone got the same snidey, generic replies about the update still being ongoing. No acknowledgement of a problem or correction.

As usual they buried their heads in the sand and hoped it would go away.

they probably need a simplistic way to categorise groups / cutoffs for ticket applications etc.

I would suggest they have 5:
Cat 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Cat 1 would be for the top 1000 people,
Cat 2 1001etc

If you make it to Cat 1 (& manage to maintain fhe points to be in that category (minus season year deductions) , you would be guaranteed ticket for every away game you apply for (*where of course the available tickets is greater than that number / hospitality / player allocations

Folk I’m sure would start going on about closed shop etc , but in reality those top 1000 people are going anyway , it would just be rangers officially recognising there longstanding dedication / cutting down the hassle for them running about trying to get the tickets

(& no I’m not in that category any longer:) , I am high gold, will probably need a few years to be deducted yet before I drop down with the euro aways coming off
How do you work it but? Take away fpoints of people who’ve bought add ons? Rangers are happy with it they’re making a fortune

Hibs missing from mine, sent an email about 10 minutes ago and got auto response.

Went back in to check something and they have already added it. Hibs game showing in the order history and points total updated to correct number.

Same for me, added within two hours of e-mailing.

Credit right enough, but it shouldn't take hundreds (thousands?) of members e-mailing to point out the errors in order to get it right.

Totally inefficient use of staff time when they could be doing something more constructive.

Yeah i know mate the annual subscription currently in my name runs out soon. So was just going to renew in my sons name so he gets the points hes only 6 short of gold so it must have more than that?
Watch it doesn’t auto renew in your name.
You would need to cancel that from happening.
You can do it in your online account.
Then buy in your boys name.

I don’t think merch will ever be included. They don’t need to add points for folk to buy

By the time its run 5 years the only thing that will separate a lot in gold will be from buying the extras for points, i know people in gold who get others to scan the ticket for them if they cant go so they dont loose points, the register for every away game domestically and in Europe and if they get a ticket and cant go then they always get rid of it easy as theres always people looking. I’m pretty sure theres a lot more doing the same, so by the end of the 5 years a lot of people are going to be on around the same points. Meaning gold would become inflated with numbers, so there going to have to come up with something for extra points to become available to keep the numbers down in gold.

How do you work it but? Take away fpoints of people who’ve bought add ons? Rangers are happy with it they’re making a fortune
There are certain ‘addons’ I don’t agree with, any of the women’s football , watch along events , online match programmes

the museum / tours / rangers tv, I can see the argument as the clubs need the money , incentive for people to buy them

Ultimately MyGers, the club needs the money , people were happy enough to pay to be in the travel club so the extra money here , I personally think of as just a donation to the cause / greater good

Thinking on it, maybe Cat 1 is top 500 people, counter the closed shop argument for away games.

I just think there has to be defined way for Rangers to officially recognise those folk

(Not me again, but for those folk , twice to Russia / Russian visa / consulate visits in space of a few months a few seasons back, although I appreciate the points for the euro away games are on sliding scale now )

Last edited:
It based over the season

This is for last season

Any MyGers Member with a 22/23 Season Ticket who registered for at least one domestic away match listed above during the 22/23 season has been awarded 5 points.

Additionally, if you attended the average number of matches made available to your respective tier, you will have received an extra 10 points.

The average number of matches attended within each tier is as follows:

Gold: 5 Matches
Silver: 2 Matches
Bronze: 1 Match
Average should be less this season, only had 4 in gold.

Yes. The amount you get for attending all home games. That will always be the absolute bare minimum. To climb up you need to buy extra things or attend European games basically

There’s over 40000 people attending games at Ibrox

Will any inroads be made in the summer with ST Renewals etc ?

I’m literally not likely to do more than attend every home game and get an annual RTV every year.

By the time they do all the updates manually the Hearts & cup final ballots will have been done.

Imagine missing out on a cup final ticket by a couple of points because of this. Someone is bound to be affected.

So Gold and Silver members combined sitting around 19k after this update. Will be interested to see if the club shaft the lower silver members in the Scottish cup final allocation by reducing our rank and file numbers through hospitality.
100% they will, I’m on 1484 I’m not expecting the cut off to be below 1550!

Will any inroads be made in the summer with ST Renewals etc ?

I’m literally not likely to do more than attend every home game and get an annual RTV every year.
Likely not, no. Those at the top will lose the most points from 18/19 with that dropping off but they’re also the people most likely to gain the most this season and next season through buying extras or attending European games

To get into gold and sustain it you need to buy extras or go to European aways regularly. The ones who do both will never be displaced

Exactly the same scenario as myself,e mailed them half an hour ago and it’s been updated already,credit where it’s due.

Drifting further and further from gold. Was gold when system was set up but now 18pts off. Slipping down probably because I refuse to buy non first team things like RTV, woman's football, programmes. I've also been honest and haven't bought European tickets when opportunity to buy and sell has been there.

Like everyone else, really feeling the pinch for away games (especially as someone who no longer uses supporters clubs). Use to manage 10+ no problem. This season only had 2 via mygers, picked a few up at grounds and sat in home end at St Mirren and Ross County.

Only positive is i'll continue to be alright at Hampden for foreseeable future

By the time its run 5 years the only thing that will separate a lot in gold will be from buying the extras for points, i know people in gold who get others to scan the ticket for them if they cant go so they dont loose points, the register for every away game domestically and in Europe and if they get a ticket and cant go then they always get rid of it easy as theres always people looking. I’m pretty sure theres a lot more doing the same, so by the end of the 5 years a lot of people are going to be on around the same points. Meaning gold would become inflated with numbers, so there going to have to come up with something for extra points to become available to keep the numbers down in gold.
The scanning in the last few months has been mental at my turnstile.

You lot all getting points resolved really quickly, not heard a peep out of them to resolve mine! FFS man :))

Don't think folk are getting email responses mate, simply the case that, o checking, their points are updating.
I know, just disheartening but then they might be prioritising ST holders as it could impact Cup Final allocations. Just want to make sure I'm over the 500 barrier before they hand out the offers for ST's (even if they do).

I'm missing Livingston at home which would take me to 500. Women's OF would take me to 501. I'm sure they were offering a point for that. It appears the 2 programmes I questioned are added now but my total hasn't gone up yet.

I know, just disheartening but then they might be prioritising ST holders as it could impact Cup Final allocations. Just want to make sure I'm over the 500 barrier before they hand out the offers for ST's (even if they do).

I'm missing Livingston at home which would take me to 500. Women's OF would take me to 501. I'm sure they were offering a point for that.
Good Luck in your quest mate. Have to say, given all the relocations and renovations I think this Summer and next are going to be more difficult than normal. Possibly even the season after if the Govan Stand work happens then. Sorry.:confused:

Good Luck in your quest mate. Have to say, given all the relocations and renovations I think this Summer and next are going to be more difficult than normal. Possibly even the season after if the Govan Stand work happens then. Sorry.:confused:
Thanks mate. I'm optimistic though as it's a single seat and would take anything offered regardless of where the seat is. Fingers crossed.

Thanks mate. I'm optimistic though as it's a single seat and would take anything offered regardless of where the seat is. Fingers crossed.
Really not trying to rain on your parade but why are you optimistic? Highly doubt that many would have been available before the news about Celtic allocations add in the moves and the need to keep some aside for individual match sales I really can’t see many if any being offered including Celtic games.

Good luck though and hope you get sorted.

exactly £2.5 million in MyGers possibly another £2.5 million in sales that contribute to MyGers points ??? easy easy easy money

Same here :)

I'll give them credit when they can implement a system that error proofs these mistakes from happening.

Yes, I'm grumpy.

I've not seen any adverts for off-site hospitality for the final but maybe they're pushing Ibrox hospitality first. Agree though - it has been an issue in the past.
Ibrox supposedly sold out. See if that changes once the mygers email drops...

Back